Lucas sad that ccfc don't run ricoh (3 Viewers)

chiefdave

Oh go on Dave, please try to show us why you think Sisu could provide answers to how a new stadium will be viable.

Pretty obvious isn't it? To illustrate the viability of a new stadium project, or indeed to show that it is preferential to staying at the Ricoh you need to have full details of the proposal. That is information, that in the unlikely event it even exists, is not in the public domain.

You would need to know things such as build cost, how the project is being financed, location, facilities etc. For example if you're making projections on attendance figures I would say that location was a key factor. Do you not agree that a stadium at Broadstreet would have a significantly different attendance than a stadium at the NEC? Without knowing what facilities will be included it is impossible to make projections as to the revenues they will generate. And of course the vital issue of finance. If we are paying £500K a year on a 50 year loan and getting all revenues that is a very different proposition to paying £2m a year rent and only receiving matchday revenues.

Unless you have a lot of details the rest of us don't know I'm not sure how you can think anyone other than SISU can possibly be able to provide the answers? And as I've said its unlikely even they can.

The Gentleman

Pretty obvious isn't it? To illustrate the viability of a new stadium project, or indeed to show that it is preferential to staying at the Ricoh you need to have full details of the proposal. That is information, that in the unlikely event it even exists, is not in the public domain.

You would need to know things such as build cost, how the project is being financed, location, facilities etc. For example if you're making projections on attendance figures I would say that location was a key factor. Do you not agree that a stadium at Broadstreet would have a significantly different attendance than a stadium at the NEC? Without knowing what facilities will be included it is impossible to make projections as to the revenues they will generate. And of course the vital issue of finance. If we are paying £500K a year on a 50 year loan and getting all revenues that is a very different proposition to paying £2m a year rent and only receiving matchday revenues.

Unless you have a lot of details the rest of us don't know I'm not sure how you can think anyone other than SISU can possibly be able to provide the answers? And as I've said its unlikely even they can.

Oh Jesus, did you leave out the other part of my quote to miss the point on purpose?

The don't have a plan for a new stadium, never have and never will. That is the point I am making in case you didn't get it. You and others talk about viability when there is none because that is not there plan, viable or not and to keep going on about it is simply stupid because while they are here, ain't gonna happen Dave.

Oh and just for the record, I would imagine I would have a better idea than Sisu about a project like that as I was a building surveyor for 17 years and now have my own building company.

Who is paying £2m a year in rent by the way?

Astute

Who is paying £2m a year in rent by the way?

Those that say that are the same ones that blame the 1.2m rent for all of our problems when it was less than 10% of our outgoings. And many of these will also tell you that Richardson has nothing to do with our downfall.

chiefdave

The don't have a plan for a new stadium, never have and never will. That is the point I am making in case you didn't get it. You and others talk about viability when there is none because that is not there plan, viable or not and to keep going on about it is simply stupid because while they are here, ain't gonna happen Dave.

So what would you propose as a solution or are you happy to accept that our current level, with occasional seasons in the Championship is as good as it gets? We know that's our future staying at the Ricoh so why the reluctance to even consider other options? People aren't saying lets break ground and go full steam ahead on a new stadium, they're saying lets see the case for it presented in detail so we can make an educated decision.

Many people, myself included, don't believe SISU can deliver a new stadium but we will still have the same problem if and when new owners come in. Why stay in a holding pattern with SISU running the club with no investment at the Ricoh for the next god knows how many years in the hope Wasps fail if the case for a new stadium is sound? Surely if that is the case we would want to know and then put pressure on SISU to get on with what they keep promising or pass the club on to someone who can. Similarly if the new stadium doesn't stack up we need to know that as well and accept that we will be at or around this level for many years to come.

All people want is the information to make an informed decision, I can't see what is wrong with that.

oldfiver

My, my you are quite paranoid, there you go claiming intheknow works for Wasps and I work for Ann Lucas with absolutely no evidence to substantiate either statement.

"there you go claiming intheknow works for Wasps" - I am sure that is totally wrong

I will let you work out why :censored:

lewys33

I don't know what bothers me more. Her bullshit or the fact wasps fans and the people of Coventry have let this happen so easily.

oldfiver

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by lordsummerisle
I'm assuming that CCC and Higgs got paid their £5.5million between them from Wasps at the time of the sale and not now out of the money raised by the Bond issue?
Surely the bond prospectus would have had to mention that.

Part of the "owners" loan that was repaid out of the Bond?

letsallsingtogether

So what would you propose as a solution or are you happy to accept that our current level, with occasional seasons in the Championship is as good as it gets? We know that's our future staying at the Ricoh so why the reluctance to even consider other options? People aren't saying lets break ground and go full steam ahead on a new stadium, they're saying lets see the case for it presented in detail so we can make an educated decision.

Many people, myself included, don't believe SISU can deliver a new stadium but we will still have the same problem if and when new owners come in. Why stay in a holding pattern with SISU running the club with no investment at the Ricoh for the next god knows how many years in the hope Wasps fail if the case for a new stadium is sound? Surely if that is the case we would want to know and then put pressure on SISU to get on with what they keep promising or pass the club on to someone who can. Similarly if the new stadium doesn't stack up we need to know that as well and accept that we will be at or around this level for many years to come.

All people want is the information to make an informed decision, I can't see what is wrong with that.

There is nothing wrong with that but as mentioned before you have all the information that is available and will have to make a decision whether it is viable or not not from that.
IMO I do not see it working with the little we have been drip fed from that bull shit intravenous they have inserted into our club.
But hey I am happy too be proved wrong.
PUSB

hutch1972

Having read the blogs and taken great interest in the time lines of all involved it more or less confirms people's belief that the driving force behind this was ownership of the stadium, not saving Wasps.
In fact Brian Moore the ex England int said the week of the sale that they could have stayed in London very easily, all they had to do was ask Saracens which 3 sites they had earmarked for a stadium. According to them it was Coventry or bust, turns out slightly untrue.

letsallsingtogether

Having read the blogs and taken great interest in the time lines of all involved it more or less confirms people's belief that the driving force behind this was ownership of the stadium, not saving Wasps.
In fact Brian Moore the ex England int said the week of the sale that they could have stayed in London very easily, all they had to do was ask Saracens which 3 sites they had earmarked for a stadium. According to them it was Coventry or bust, turns out slightly untrue.

But how many Millions would you have to pay for a site in London?
Then more millions building a stadium~?

Astute

So you won't mind if ccfc can get cheaper land in Wales then for the new stadium?

Can you lock this thread for the night please Nick? I might start defending SISU after todays news :whistle:

The Gentleman

All good questions Dave, why the hell are you asking me though? I said Sisu don't have a plan, let alone a viable one. So let me give you some advice. Whilst your constant and incessant questioning of the Council is noble, I'm sure you'd agree with me that the more important and pressing matters are with the football club and what it's owners propose to do with us. So let us see if you constantly pose your good questions above to our owners and whether you go to the lengths you have to question the council, as our football club is more important than questioning a council, is it not?

Oh and after the last 10+ years of absolute shite we have been served up, a few promotion seasons to the Championship would feel like we've won the Champions League quite frankly, so I'd be delighted.

Astute

Yes plan A failed. But it seems that TM has sold them a plan B. And plan B feels great.

The Gentleman

Yes plan A failed. But it seems that TM has sold them a plan B. And plan B feels great.

I admire your optimism and I do feel pleased about the manager announcement too. However, do you really think TM's proposed changes have anything to do with what Joy's plan is or is it more likely that what he wants is more to do with the day to day running of the club with regard to players, transfers, training and who has the final say on who goes. Unless of course, TM has taken over the search for a site for the new stadium ;)

Astute

I admire your optimism and I do feel pleased about the manager announcement too. However, do you really think TM's proposed changes have anything to do with what Joy's plan is or is it more likely that what he wants is more to do with the day to day running of the club with regard to players, transfers, training and who has the final say on who goes. Unless of course, TM has taken over the search for a site for the new stadium ;)

One step at a time.

To get a stadium we need money. To get money we need bums on seats. To get bums on seats we need to win games. To win games we need someone to make decisions that know what they are doing and has the word on what happens with our club.

Welcome back TM. You have my full backing. And the majority of us feel the same. This is one small step for SISU. A massive step for CCFC. Hopefully we are back.

Users who are viewing this thread