Sky Blue Harry H

Feb 9, 2011
warwick
Always entertaining and always fair about the opposition.

Evo1883

May 25, 2013
Coventry
As much as I dislike their attitude towards us... I do believe they are thoroughly passionate supporters and extraordinarily well supported for a city of its size.

Putting any ill feelings aside, I hope for them their future is somewhat brighter

Malaka

Jan 23, 2014
Coventry
I have always wanted Sunderland to do well, since they beat Leeds in the cup final with an Ian Porterfield goal. When I was a kid I used to have a team in every league, it was Sunderland, Colchester and York City. Celtic in Scotland (because it began with a 'C')

Last edited:
Reactions: mrtrench

mrtrench

Aug 17, 2008
Somewhere between the waitress and her table.
I have always wanted Sunderland to do well, since they beat Leeds in the cup final with an Ian Porterfield goal. When I was a kid I used to have a team in every league, it was Sunderland, Colchester and York City. Celtic in Scotland (because it began with a 'C'

I did the same, around 1973ish. My teams were Blackpool, Grimsby and Workington. St. Mirren in Scotland from 1987 when they won the Scottish Cup.

Reactions: Malaka

Tommo1993

Apr 14, 2019
Out of all the P/O’s I think Wycombe are the poorest team. I’d be very surprised if they won it. So I think P’boro v Wycombe next season could be interesting!

fatso

Jun 19, 2017
Nice to see someone with a fair minded assessment of the season.

glasgowfan

Dec 11, 2012
I have always wanted Sunderland to do well, since they beat Leeds in the cup final with an Ian Porterfield goal. When I was a kid I used to have a team in every league, it was Sunderland, Colchester and York City. Celtic in Scotland (because it began with a 'C')
Presumably you chose Sunderland because it begins with an S and York because it begins with a Y?

Reactions: Malaka

christonabike

Mar 23, 2011
Coventry
Fair play to him. Not groaning just getting on with it. Will keep my eye out for him next season always good entertainment.

Legia Sky Blue

Nov 12, 2017
Interesting that the firt player he names as being worth their salt is Jordan Willis.

Hardly surprising though. I think most of us were surprised he didn't transfer to the Championship last season, and I still believe he could hold his own at that level. Alongside ourselves Sunderland had the best defensive record in the league, which was largely due to him. Despite that I don't want us to re-sign him now as I don't think he suits our style of play anymore, but he more than played his part in revitalising our club from rock bottom, staying on for a few seasons when he was one of the few players that could have moved on up the ladder, and I am grateful for that.

Mcbean

Jul 17, 2015
His move probably did move him up the salary level - the gamble was would it help take Sunderland up and in this case it didn’t - will remain to be seen how they do next season - that Guys blog on our match was hilarious - head in his hands priceless - will follow him

looking forward to not supporting Villa in their remaining matches

Malaka

Jan 23, 2014
Coventry
Presumably you chose Sunderland because it begins with an S and York because it begins with a Y?
Nope, easily impressionable. I wanted Sunderland to beat Leeds, York because a uncle supported them, Colchester because another Uncle took me to Layer Rd. Celtic because I was asked when I was six do you support Rangers or Celtic. my name begins with a 'C' hence my childhood logic. I suppose I should support Tottenham and Watford because I'm a twat and a wanker? Do you support Wycombe and Chester?

Reactions: glasgowfan

Users who are viewing this thread