Liz truss (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

“The anti-growth coalition is now a powerful force comprising the economic and political elite, corporatists, parts of the media and even a section of the Conservative parliamentary party. The policies I advocate simply aren’t fashionable on the London dinner party circuit.”

She really is an idiot.

NorthernWisdom

“The anti-growth coalition is now a powerful force comprising the economic and political elite, corporatists, parts of the media and even a section of the Conservative parliamentary party. The policies I advocate simply aren’t fashionable on the London dinner party circuit.”

She really is an idiot.
She's not wrong, they're certainly not fashionable among the non nutters of the world.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

To be fair to her at least she's standing by her policies.

Sure, they're absolutely batshit mentalist but at least she's not flip-flopping based on what the latest polls say.

Rare to see a politician of principle in this day and age.

Hertsccfc

Sure, they're absolutely batshit mentalist but at least she's not flip-flopping based on what the latest polls say.

There's no credit for sticking to your principles if those principles are hugely damaging to most people and based on malevolence and greed.

Like Blair over Iraq she has to say she was right otherwise any sane person in their position would be racked with guilt. In her case though I think she is so stupid that she still thinks she was right. But I give her no credit whatsoever for that because of the massive harm she has done.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Fuck principle. I want fact based politicians please. Principle has been the whole issue post 2015.

Finham

She really really really really has a thing about pig farming, doesn't she?

Are you sure you don't want to just jack this all in and go and farm pigs, Liz?

skybluetony176

She’s gone from shouting Maggie out out out to a pound shop Maggie impersonator.

She started her political career as a Lib Dem before turning to Tory.

She’s gone from arch remainer to the Brexit cults pin up girl.

I’m really struggling to think of a politician who hasn’t stuck to their principles more than Truss. She’s the ultimate flip flopper.

Terry_dactyl

She’s gone from shouting Maggie out out out to a pound shop Maggie impersonator.

I’m really struggling to think of a politician who hasn’t stuck to their principles more than Truss. She’s the ultimate flip flopper.
She was also quick to stab her best mate Kwasi in the back, to try and save herself.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Easy. Luciana Berger. More faces than the town hall clock.

skybluetony176

Easy. Luciana Berger. More faces than the town hall clock.
I should have said current MP’s but to jump to Bergers defence you have to remember that she initially jumped the Labour ship largely because of the antisemitism issues that Labour were having and not addressing at the time and as she’s a Jewish woman I think you have to admire her principled stance on that, it’s not exactly the wholesale changing of position that Truss has been addicted to her entire career if not life. Even when Berger joined the Lib Dem’s it was on the basis of her anti brexit stance that she always held aligning with the Lib Dem’s, again, no juxtaposed position unlike Truss. And now she’s rejoined labour again. Not the first MP to swap parties only to swap back again later. Winston Churchill probably the most notable for doing that.

Brighton Sky Blue

I should have said current MP’s but to jump to Bergers defence you have to remember that she initially jumped the Labour ship largely because of the antisemitism issues that Labour were having and not addressing at the time and as she’s a Jewish woman I think you have to admire her principled stance on that, it’s not exactly the wholesale changing of position that Truss has been addicted to her entire career if not life. Even when Berger joined the Lib Dem’s it was on the basis of her anti brexit stance that she always held aligning with the Lib Dem’s, again, no juxtaposed position unlike Truss. And now she’s rejoined labour again. Not the first MP to swap parties only to swap back again later. Winston Churchill probably the most notable for doing that.
‘Labour denies they are like the Nazis’ was the Sky headline. What a time to be alive

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

There's no credit for sticking to your principles if those principles are hugely damaging to most people and based on malevolence and greed.

Like Blair over Iraq she has to say she was right otherwise any sane person in their position would be racked with guilt. In her case though I think she is so stupid that she still thinks she was right. But I give her no credit whatsoever for that because of the massive harm she has done.
I was being facetious.

Users who are viewing this thread