Liverpool for sale (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

Joy puts in an offer of 1 million for Liverpool then takes them to court for not accepting it.

she will batter them in court.🤣

Cata

Well that's one hedge fund bored of their toy...
Did you think FSG is a hedge fund? incorrect. Fenway Sports Group Holdings, LLC, is the parent group company of Major League Baseball's Boston Red Sox, Premier League club Liverpool F.C., and the National Hockey League's Pittsburgh Penguins

NorthernWisdom

Did you think FSG is a hedge fund? incorrect. Fenway Sports Group Holdings, LLC, is the parent group company of Major League Baseball's Boston Red Sox, Premier League club Liverpool F.C., and the National Hockey League's Pittsburgh Penguins
They're owned by a hedge fund. See Peter Temple's book 'Hedge Funds: Courtesans of capitalism'.

In the same way Sky Blue Sports and Leisure are ultimately owned by SISU...

Cata

I have not read Temple's book but FSG are not a hedge fund nor are they owned by one. JW Henry (the founder) owns 40% and is the major shareholder. Chairman Tom Werner is the next largest shareholder. RedBird Capital Partners do have a significant (3rd largest) holding, but they are a New York based Private Investment firm and are primarily involved in Private Equity rather than traditional Hedge Fund business. The 4th largest holding is owned by Michael S Warner a Boston based Asset Manager. It seems that JWH wants to consolidate his business globally and expand it in the US. Not a question of hedge funds and toys. Hope that clears that up?

NorthernWisdom

I have not read Temple's book but FSG are not a hedge fund nor are they owned by one. JW Henry (the founder) owns 40% and is the major shareholder. Chairman Tom Werner is the next largest shareholder. RedBird Capital Partners do have a significant (3rd largest) holding, but they are a New York based Private Investment firm and are primarily involved in Private Equity rather than traditional Hedge Fund business. The 4th largest holding is owned by Michael S Warner a Boston based Asset Manager. It seems that JWH wants to consolidate his business globally and expand it in the US. Not a question of hedge funds and toys. Hope that clears that up?
Would you be happier if my comment, which is rather less pithy (and it's not hedge fund avenue for SISU to own CCFC either) to say 'that's the majority shareholder, whose wealth derives from his hedge fund business, that therefore funds Liverpool's ownership through the conduit of his personal wealth gained from such activities, bored of his toy', then?

It's not so catchy!

Corrado

Would you be happier if my comment, which is rather less pithy (and it's not hedge fund avenue for SISU to own CCFC either) to say 'that's the majority shareholder, whose wealth derives from his hedge fund business, that therefore funds Liverpool's ownership through the conduit of his personal wealth gained from such activities, bored of his toy', then?

It's not so catchy!
But they are not owned by a hedge fund, which ever why you spin your comment it is not correct

slowpoke

Manchester United will I’m sure are the biggest brand in the PL followed by Liverpool then Arsenal.

CCFC54321

rumour doing the rounds was TAA’s defending on Sunday was the final straw for the owners.

I know he is bad but to want to sell up thanks to a player being shit at defending is a bit OTT! 😆

Cata

It's not so catchy!
Not a question of "pithy" but more about accuracy. Your original comment was wrong and misleading, so I felt obliged to point that out. If you find that defensive, that is entirely your problem. Have a nice day.

Colin Steins Smile

I would laugh if SISU bought Liverpool [not that it would ever happen].........those fans would soon find something substantial to moan about.

Users who are viewing this thread