Liverpool Fan in Peace (1 Viewer)

Wildestdreams

Hi All,

you can probably tell what the thread will be about before you click the post...

So i've just heard the news that Klopp has decided to bring kent back into the first team picture at melwood. Have to say i'm not a big fan of this move..i believe as a young player develop and first team chances is the way forward...anyway, i think the reason behind this is that we've been completely horrendous this season and wants to add a bit of pace and directness into the fold (something lallana firmino and biglump can't provide).

Basically wanted to know from supporters who watch their team every game, how he's done? things he's done well in particular, things he can improve on (don't say consistency :p)

maybe we can loan you guys lallana for the remainder of the season?

also wish you guys the best for the 2nd half of the season, push on for promotion and HNY :D

P.s where are your xmas smileys at??

Sky Blue Pete

He has pace, trickery, skill but no end product

Stand up and applaud tricks and skill at times - will put a smile on your faces but unlikely to improve outcomes of games

Skybluefaz

Flashes a few nice skills, beats some defenders with ease, but makes the wrong decisions and tries to do too much. Poor final ball. Could develop to be a premier league player but looks a long way off at the moment.

Chipfat

He has a gift to be able to play the game, but like most young inexperienced players needs to learn to make better decision's with the final ball. His pace will be an asset in the premership if he works out how to use it.

Grendel

Kent may do better in a Premiership environment with more skilled players in terms of development but he seems a long way off in my view. He has a lot of pace of course but no end product.

Very wasteful in the final third. Bit frustrating really. I'm not bothered he has gone as the option of playing him is gone. Defensive duties also he is hopeless at.

I am surprised he is going back but as I say no loss.

shmmeee

Yep will second what's been said.

Unbelievably skilful, pacy, direct, exciting. Has no footballing brain, can't shoot or cross.

ccfc92

He's fast, skillful and overall a very good player.

However, the general opinion is he's nowhere near ready for Premier League football.

His final ball/decision making needs massive improvement, and only then will he be a great player.

To summarise, I think LFC/Klopp is making a mistake as he wasn't even first choice starting here. But what do we mere fans know :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

He's been exciting and disappointing in equal measures. Lots of skill and pace but his end product is abysmal, he's not even good enough for regular championship football yet imo. He's a player who we would have likes to keep for squad depth and to develop more but I don't think many people will be massively bothered he's leaving and our promotion chances won't be significantly lower because of it.

Finchy

Same as what everyone else has said really, loads of skill and pace but no end product. Can't see him getting within a mile of your first team.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Skyblue4u

3rd division club with most fans not really that bothered he's been recalled but good luck to him hope he comes good

RFC

Gifted, skilful with great pace but lacking in his decision making, final ball. No end product and nowhere near ready for the Premiership!

stevefloyd

If he had a final ball in his armour our fans would be gutted to see him return but for someone that can drift past players for fun he is so fucking frustrating ... hope the lad does well for you though

Wildestdreams

ok i think i get the hang of it :D

i watched him a lot for our u21s before he signed on loan for you guys and his overall game was fantastic...crossing and final ball including. but the step up even from u21 to league 1 is a huge deal especially for any young player. he was 1 of our main u21 player along with seyi ojo harry wilson and sergi canos.

but i say thankyou to coventry and mowbray for giving him regular game time.

but hopefully klopp gives him game time now that's he's been recalled otherwise would have just been a waste of time.

ccfc92

ok i think i get the hang of it :D

i watched him a lot for our u21s before he signed on loan for you guys and his overall game was fantastic...crossing and final ball including. but the step up even from u21 to league 1 is a huge deal especially for any young player. he was 1 of our main u21 player along with seyi ojo harry wilson and sergi canos.

but i say thankyou to coventry and mowbray for giving him regular game time.

but hopefully klopp gives him game time now that's he's been recalled otherwise would have just been a waste of time.

It is possible he was trying too hard for us, so his final ball was poor/selfish.

He did score one very good goal though for us ;)

Anyway, there's no doubt he's a talented lad, just needs the right development and he'll be up there in a couple of seasons :)

stevefloyd

Apparently its reported that Klopp is not a fan of the loan system and prefers to develop his own players, maybe your players will be on a different wavelength to our players and make Kent look even better

Wildestdreams

It is possible he was trying too hard for us, so his final ball was poor/selfish.

He did score one very good goal though for us ;)

Anyway, there's no doubt he's a talented lad, just needs the right development and he'll be up there in a couple of seasons :)

saw the vine of the meg and the goal, i'm always keeping an eye out on our loan players..especially the youngsters. big admirer of bringing players through the academy and slowly but surely settling them in.

don't think he assisted many though? at u21 level he managed double figures in assists 1 season

Wildestdreams

And remember Sterling was sold for 50 million...you must be pissing yourself still at that one !!!

yep. very much so.

watching the watford game now, was hauled off 15 mins or so ago and he was dreadful haha.

then again we have a lot of clubs laughing at us like villa and soton :(

Wildestdreams

Apparently its reported that Klopp is not a fan of the loan system and prefers to develop his own players, maybe your players will be on a different wavelength to our players and make Kent look even better

yeh when he was appointed, in his 1st press or post he publicly mentioned he wasn't a fan of it and said he didn't even know the rules regarding loans and recalls...in truth neither do i

rupert_bear

He is potentially a class act. I remember Liverpool stars like Steve Highway, Steve McManaman, Robbie Fowler, Stevie Gerrard and others bursting on the scene and becoming stars but do they get the chance in today's game somehow I doubt it. Put it this way if I was Tony Mowbray I would be waiting to pounce and if I was Ryan Kent I wouldn't be hanging around too long in the reserves.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Pace to burn, loves to take a man on and a step over or two, but still has a lot of work to do.

Decision making could be better, but definately one who will frighten opposition defenders, although ones in the premiership are likely to be fitter and more aware of wingers running st them

J H Waters

(quotes from the Coventry Telegraph)
“I’ve got a feeling of mixed emotions,” said Kent, speaking for the last time as a City player.

“It’s disappointing to be leaving because I’ve enjoyed it so much at Coventry but I’m also looking forward to the next step in my career.

“I’d like to thank everyone associated with the club, the staff, the fans and players who have been so good to me.

“They are a great bunch of lads who have all showed their support for me and wished me the best of luck in the future. And I wish them all the best as well.
“The lads were excellent again today and there is so much talent in the team and I am sure they are going to get promoted this season.

“There more than enough quality to get automatic promotion and that will be much deserved.
“The fans deserve it as well because they were 12th man again today, as they have been for the last two games now, and drove the boys on to such a good performance.”
“Tony Mowbray has been excellent with me and I have learned a lot under him both in training and in games. So it’s a big thanks to him.”

As for his immediate future, Kent is in line to face Exeter City in the FA Cup on Friday after being recalled ahead of his loan expiry date of January 16 due to injuries to the likes of former City loan star Jordan Henderson.
“There are a number of injuries and a lot of games so that’s why I’ve been recalled,” he said.
“Hopefully I can make my debut against Exeter in the FA Cup but I’ll have to see what happens.”

From what I can tell from following Klopp´s interviews and what journos close to the club report, Klopp is sticking to the narrative that he wants to avoid using any cash in January. He and his assistants (Krawietz, Buvac) will turn every stone to assess what they have available before spending on key areas in the summer. With players like Origi injured, Sturridge chronically untrustworthy fitnesswise, and Coutinho sulking and out of form, they´re looking for some kind of spark off the bench. From what I understand though, the Emergency Loan Window means that he can leave on loan again as late as sometime during March. If he´s assessed, found lightweight and there is interest in the Championship, he might even go out again on loan.

SkyBlue_Bear83

saw the vine of the meg and the goal, i'm always keeping an eye out on our loan players..especially the youngsters. big admirer of bringing players through the academy and slowly but surely settling them in.

don't think he assisted many though? at u21 level he managed double figures in assists 1 season

He has 1 goal and 1 assist in about 17 games, the assist was from a corner

mrtrench

I'm glad he is going TBH. Just keeps dribbling till he loses the ball or falls over.

Evo1883

To the OP , Kent has bags of talent and with some fine tuning and guidance will be a superb player

J H Waters

Anyways, good luck in chasing that promotion spot, it´s been interesting following Coventry´s games online this season. From the highlights I´ve seen, your lads sure try to play some good football.
Will keep an eye out for your results even after Kent has left, wouldn´t mind seeing the two clubs cooperating again on the loan front. Can only think that LFC´s players have lots of positive things to say about CCFC and Brentford after their experiences there this season.

no_loyalty

No great loss, no end product from the lad, only decent thing was his goal against Barnsley, but I think Klopp will help his development and iron out his faults.

ps hands off Maddison, he's not for sale

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread