Liam Kitching (2 Viewers)

slowpoke

We don’t know if we are interested in Kitching neither do you but if Mark Robins decides he’s the one I will trust his judgement before either of you two.

CBS16

Why are we being arrogant about league one players? They got like 90 points last year they were arguably better than our side that went up, which contained a number of players worth multi millions. Before his recent indifferent form Barnsley fans were saying he's a much better player than Bobby Thomas, who most people love so far. None of us or journos know how a deal is structured and most likely have no clue the actual fee anyway. I'll be buzzing if we get another key target through the door

covcity4life

Why are we being arrogant about league one players? They got like 90 points last year they were arguably better than our side that went up, which contained a number of players worth multi millions. Before his recent indifferent form Barnsley fans were saying he's a much better player than Bobby Thomas, who most people love so far. None of us or journos know how a deal is structured and most likely have no clue the actual fee anyway. I'll be buzzing if we get another key target through the door
Mate end of day some fans watched one game on sky. They know best

long way home

And some watched and judge a players attributes within that game. Not how well or not so well that player played. Some fans can definitely distinguish between the two, some cant. But we all have an opinion and have the right to share it.

My opinion is im not 100,% sure this player has good enough attributes or is worth 5mill. Time will tell and tomorrow will let us know what Robins thinks which truly is the most important opinion.

junglej13

Generally not in favour of us overspending or being held to ransom... But Kitching is left footed, 23, captain of his current club, scores goals, already has a working understanding with one of our other centre backs, and is certainly in the discussion for being the best defender at League 1 level. Probably wouldn't be against us spending £5m if Robins really wants him.

SBT

Generally not in favour of us overspending or being held to ransom... But Kitching is left footed, 23, captain of his current club, scores goals, already has a working understanding with one of our other centre backs, and is certainly in the discussion for being the best defender at League 1 level. Probably wouldn't be against us spending £5m if Robins really wants him.
£5 million would make him one of the most expensive defenders ever sold from League One, and the most expensive ever sold to a team outside the Premier League.

Ccfcisparks

If Robins likes the look of Kitching, see's him as a future captain, and solves our defensive issues I have no qualms spending the money on him.

People crying out for signings, but not this one, can't win sometimes.

Finham

If Robins likes the look of Kitching, see's him as a future captain, and solves our defensive issues I have no qualms spending the money on him.

It's more nuanced than just wanting anyone for any ridiculous fee.

Ccfcisparks

It's more nuanced than just wanting anyone for any ridiculous fee.
This smacks of desperation.
Absolute panic if the numbers are to be believed.
People were all for spending £3m+ on Kitching until they watched that game where he had a stinker and all got completely turned off by him. Stinks of fickleness.

If Robins thinks he's worth the fee they want, he will sign him, he will certainly know a lot more about him than us on here.

Finham

People were all for spending £3m+ on Kitching until they watched that game where he had a stinker and all got completely turned off by him. Stinks of fickleness.

If Robins thinks he's worth the fee they want, he will sign him, he will certainly know a lot more about him than us on here.
I know we live in a world where anything can mean anything, but £3m is not £5m!

Mucca Mad Boys

With all due respect to just about everyone on here… what do we know about footballers we’ve barely seen play? I include myself in that - never heard of Brekalo and seen Kitching play one game last season.

Most of our opinions are subjective and frankly, we’re amateurs. Compare that with our recruitment team of scouts and analysts using data, analytics and other objective markers before making recommendations to MR and his team.

You’d think our recruitment policy was a failure judging by some of the threads we’ve had over the last few seasons because of a few duds.

Last edited:

Ccfcisparks

I know we live in a world where anything can mean anything, but £3m is not £5m!
People are begging the club to go and spend £6/7m on a bloke who plays in Norway ffs in reality it’s never going to be £5m and based on deals we have already done will be heavily structured on clauses where if they are achieved, an extra £2m will be a snip in the woods

Finham

People are begging the club to go and spend £6/7m on a bloke who plays in Norway ffs in reality it’s never going to be £5m and based on deals we have already done will be heavily structured on clauses where if they are achieved, an extra £2m will be a snip in the woods
Then we need to look elsewhere, simple. Sometimes, the fee that a selling club are asking for makes a signing not worth it. This is one of those times.

Ccfcisparks

Or that we pushing hard for our number 1 target. Desperation would be opting for a cheaper alternative.
Can't win. I'm happy for the clubs to take loans for now if it means we can work on some proper replacements. If we do though expect people to say Doug is taking the cheap way out. If we "overspend" on clear targets, and ones which have clearly been for a while, people are saying we are desperate and panicking.

Finham

Or that we pushing hard for our number 1 target. Desperation would be opting for a cheaper alternative.
A better value alternative. Just because we've sold a couple of players for decent money does not suddenly make us late '90's Fulham.

Users who are viewing this thread