Liam Daish to the 'boro (1 Viewer)

His last job was at Ebbsfleet. Its like Dave Hockaday taking over at Leeds. Too much too soon. Too much of a jump tbh. Not proven as a manager so I doubt he will do any better than Brian Reid. Hope im wrong cus I went to Boro a few times last year when we played at Shitfields, but cant see them finishing far away from the relegation zone

wingy

His last job was at Ebbsfleet. Its like Dave Hockaday taking over at Leeds. Too much too soon. Too much of a jump tbh. Not proven as a manager so I doubt he will do any better than Brian Reid. Hope im wrong cus I went to Boro a few times last year when we played at Shitfields, but cant see them finishing far away from the relegation zone

Think If you have a look back he has plenty of experience @ boro's level.

He got sacked a few weeks ago after 1 win in 8 games, which saw Boro fall into the relegation zone twice. Fans didn't think much of him

Grendel

Its a good appointment - he has had loads of experience in non league management.

I hate to agree with Jack but I also liked Daish and his combative style.

I hope he is a success.

wingy

Never saw him as a player, but you gotta ask, is he ready for the Conference? He's never gone higher than Conference South

Yeah,but isn't that like saying Roberto Martinez would never manage a Prem side ,while he'd only managed Swansea In D3 ?

He should be able to do a decent job for the BORO IMO,only time will tell though.

Joy Division

Never saw him as a player, but you gotta ask, is he ready for the Conference? He's never gone higher than Conference South

He's managed Ebbsfleet in the Conference National for a number of seasons and finished in respectable positions. He definitely has the experience and is well thought of by Ebbsfleet fans as far as I'm aware.

Not saying he isn't a good manager. Just saying its a risk to appoint someone who hasn't got experience in the Conference or the Conference North

Joy Division

Conference South. 2 divisions below the Conferance

Conference South is the league below the conference national, not 2.

According to my memory and Wikipedia he spent a good few seasons in the conference national with Ebbsfleet.

xcraigx

Daish was manager with Ebbsfleet (then still called Gravesend and Northfleet) in the Conference national for a good few seasons, 7 in total I think.

stupot07

Daish was manager with Ebbsfleet (then still called Gravesend and Northfleet) in the Conference national for a good few seasons, 7 in total I think.

Yes 7 seasons in Conference National and 2 on conference South with Ebbsfleet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Grendel

On the plus side, there's something refreshing about seeing Forest Green to Leeds being compared to the jump between Ebbsfleet and Nuneaton :D

I know - the most bizarre comparison ever!!

smileycov

Facebook User
Conference South. 2 divisions below the Conferance

Are you on Crack?????

Conference South is the same Level as Conference North, just geographically separate. It is also a direct feed into the Conference. Liam Daish managed Ebbsfleet for many years in the Conference.

Users who are viewing this thread