Lewis Page to sign today (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

We needed a left side player but for me that was the least priority out of the areas we need to strengthen
Bring on the CB's

dongonzalos

Why? Haynes is a dreadful liability.

He isn't that bad. I can see why we needed to strengthen the left with Stokes injury. However I wasn't panicking about LWB too much.
I was more concerned about getting a dominant CB and a speed merchant striker who is a natural finisher

Last edited:

Captain Dart

covcity4life

He isn't that bad. I can see why we needed to strengthen the left with Stokes injury. However I wasn't panicking about LWB too much.
I was more concerned about getting a dominant CB abd a speed merchant striker who is s natural finisher

it sucks that page signing is the last one we will make this window then.......

wingy

Sorry for the Ignorance but what is the crack re loans this season?
Thought all loans had to be sourced before window closure
IE nothing through the season but we're doing five month deals?

skyblueelephant76

You just can't do them outside the transfer window so you can start new ones in January .

CCFC_Charlie

Well, 5 months takes us through to Jan, when the window opens again.

dongonzalos

Unfortunately the kid is all about confidence.
He has all the attributes to be a fantastic wing back.
It's just physiological
Needs as much support from the fans that he can get.
Shame is, if he dips off and Page comes in. That's a Cov youngster not getting developed whilst a West Ham one does
I hope the lad keeps this up

RegTheDonk

Unfortunately the kid is all about confidence.
He has all the attributes to be a fantastic wing back.
It's just physiological
Needs as much support from the fans that he can get.
Shame is, if he dips off and Page comes in. That's a Cov youngster not getting developed whilst a West Ham one does
I hope the lad keeps this up

I too hope this is a turning point and he takes his chance, but if it is a confidence thing Don (and just signing someone else for "competition" isn't going to give anyone a confidence boost) the kid had better get his head together pretty quick. Like you said he's a local lad and it would be great for him and the club, but in all reality we really need to achieve something this year. Everyone is raving about his performance last night, but if he now gives a few dodgy ones - especially with Page looking over his shoulder - do we persist in the hope he again is outstanding?

Sorry for him if he can't hack it mentally, but we've had him on the books for a while now and need to stop pussy footing around now. There's no more time for passengers on this trip - if he cracks, give the hammers lad a chance, we need points not pansies.

Happy_Martian

Considering the title of this thread, I was hopeful of another Slade signing. Instead, best of luck to him. He may not have been the best of a poor bunch but at least he didn't kick the ball into his own net :) (He didn't, did he ? :jawdrop: )

Captain Dart

Lewis Page: Left-back joins Charlton Athletic from West Ham United

League One club Charlton have signed left-back Lewis Page from West Ham for an undisclosed fee.

Page, 20, has agreed a two-and-a-half-year contract at The Valley.

He made three first-team appearances for West Ham, all in the Europa League, and has previously been on loan at Coventry City and Cambridge United.

"He's quick, likes to get forward and is a good crosser. I really like that in a full-back," Charlton manager Karl Robinson told the club website.

"I got a chance to see him during his loan spell at Coventry and he's a left-back that fits in well with our system.

"We're building a squad here to get into that top six and Lewis will be an important part of what we are trying to do."

ccfchoi87

Lewis Page: Left-back joins Charlton Athletic from West Ham United

League One club Charlton have signed left-back Lewis Page from West Ham for an undisclosed fee.

Page, 20, has agreed a two-and-a-half-year contract at The Valley.

He made three first-team appearances for West Ham, all in the Europa League, and has previously been on loan at Coventry City and Cambridge United.

"He's quick, likes to get forward and is a good crosser. I really like that in a full-back," Charlton manager Karl Robinson told the club website.

"I got a chance to see him during his loan spell at Coventry and he's a left-back that fits in well with our system.

"We're building a squad here to get into that top six and Lewis will be an important part of what we are trying to do."

Quick, good crosser and likes to get forward? Is he sure he's watching the right player here?

Captain Dart

Users who are viewing this thread