Lets not get too disheartened (1 Viewer)

CovScott88

Yes, we did lose, but we have to remember that Leicester have spend £10m on players, whereas we have bought in just 2 goalkeepers.
We gave them a very good game and if it hadn't been for Carl Baker getting sent off, the result may have been very different. Cyrus Christie and Gael Bigirimana we're both terrific and showed that they can play at this level. We need a couple of players, that's for sure, but lets not let this one result get to us too much. There is a long way to go yet.

PUSB!

Last edited:

Sutty

Agreed. That was a bonus game for us really, anything we'd have got would have been above expectations. It will be interesting to see how we get on against Brum next week.

mattylad

i would go as far as to say the midfield looked better without gunner in it

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
I agree im really pissed off with baker what an idiot i really thought we would have won it if he didnt get sent of its so annoying when players do these things as im sure the other players be thinking the same thing what if he didnt get sent of we could have won it.

CovScott88

The problem Gunnar had was that he was continuously played out of position. He excelled in his first year because he was being played in his natural, deep lying midfield role, but then Coleman and Boothroyd started moving him forward which he just wasn't comfortable with.

martynshipley

Thought we more than held our own. Not to bad When you think we still have players out who might have started (turner\deegan)

pusbccfc

Get a goalscorer, top 12 finish possiblity.
Gael Bigirimana played very well for a 18 year old

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Got to remember though this is the first game of the season. Leicester hasn't settle in in yet and we have a relatively injury free team at the moment! What will we be like mid to last part of the season when they have a huge squad and we are depending on worn out academy players?. Don't get me wrong! I totally agree we have a good squad "AT THE MOMENT".... But I believe we will not bring in a single player and if that happens we'r in serious trouble! As for Gunnarsson why don't we try to loan Kerim Frei from Fulham?. He would tear the Championship apart!

Sutty

We need a creative midfielder more urgently I think. A striker can't score if we don't get the ball to him.

Macca

Lets hope we are doing things the other way this year, getting the shit performance out of the way before the inevitable success against Blues

Users who are viewing this thread