"Let’s be clear, we absolutely want the football club to stay at the Ricoh" (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Yes it is SISU's fault. What part of "we're building our own stadium" do you not understand?

Take SISU out of it and their bullshit stadium.

What has that got to do with ACL discussing moving in a non Coventry team from over 50 miles away?

You are saying don't blame wasps or ACL, but blame the people who want a stadium outside of Coventry and how it is wrong because it is Coventry.

Is there much difference between SISU wanting to move just outside Coventry to Wasps wanting to move shed loads of miles away? Why not blame them for that?

martcov

So you agree it would be disgusting if Wasps moved to play their home games at the Ricoh?[/QUOTE

No. I think it is disgusting that our owners are not putting the fans or the future of Club first. I don't Even think that it is good business not to make an offer for ACL. The Ricoh is not used enough. If City owned the lease, I would accept Wasps as paying tenants. Good for ffp. Good for the club.

Astute

True. Maybe they're not trying to relocate a London team at all but discussing the new series of Strictly Come Dancing?

Even SISU have gone quiet. This is unusual. It has been a few weeks since Fisher moved his lips. Nothing about building, owning, Coventry area or the colour of the seats. Don't you find it a little strange Torch? I would expect to hear lots from them if their plans that had cost them millions so far were about to be gone for good. So I wouldn't be surprised at all if theywere part of the negotiations. Is this the reason they brought our club home?

But no I am supposed to hate everyone and everything to do with these secret talks without knowing any details. I have learned to expect the unexpected with this ongoing saga.

Nick

Administrator
So you agree it would be disgusting if Wasps moved to play their home games at the Ricoh?[/QUOTE

No. I think it is disgusting that our owners are not putting the fans or the future of Club first. I don't Even think that it is good business not to make an offer for ACL. The Ricoh is not used enough. If City owned the lease, I would accept Wasps as paying tenants. Good for ffp. Good for the club.

Ah you would find it disgusting but only if it was SISU doing it.

Coventry should be in Coventry where they belong but it is ok if everybody else does it, I get you ;)

martcov

Take SISU out of it and their bullshit stadium.

What has that got to do with ACL discussing moving in a non Coventry team from over 50 miles away?

You are saying don't blame wasps or ACL, but blame the people who want a stadium outside of Coventry and how it is wrong because it is Coventry.

Is there much difference between SISU wanting to move just outside Coventry to Wasps wanting to move shed loads of miles away? Why not blame them for that?

The subject of Wasps only came up because of SISU not making an offer for a part of ACL. That's why I blame SISU. Wasps want a home. Neither I nor you know the whole story. It is no comparison to property speculation as in our case. If Wasps were tenants of city you wouldn't here a murmour on here.

lordsummerisle

The subject of Wasps only came up because of SISU not making an offer for a part of ACL. That's why I blame SISU. Wasps want a home. Neither I nor you know the whole story. It is no comparison to property speculation as in our case. If Wasps were tenants of city you wouldn't here a murmour on here.

Just when the Weber Shandwick guys thought they could get a well deserved rest, they get called back in for some overtime.

I'd complain to the union mate.

Nick

Administrator

City wanted a home when they want to Northampton. You seem to be keen to justify the Wasps thing.

If SISU wanted to move a team in from outside of Coventry there would be a meltdown.

SISU not making an offer doesn't force ACL to bring a team in from miles away, or force the team to move miles. If it was Coventry Rugby Club talking to ACL then where is the issue?

Just admit it, they are all as bad as each other. All following the cash.

You are saying that because SISU didn't buy it (which I agree they should) that franchising and moving clubs is now ok. It is like you saying that when a known serial killer moves in next door to you it is actually other people's fault (I guess they just rented) for not buying it, just after the person who sold it has been publicly slating serial killing for months.

martcov

Just when the Weber Shandwick guys thought they could get a well deserved rest, they get called back in for some overtime.

I'd complain to the union mate.

I think SISU's statements that they are carrying on with the JR and stadium negated the need for ACL's and CCC's PR team. Saved a Lot of money.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

You are so in the know mate. It's frightening. You haven't got your finger on the pulse you are the pulse! Much respect.

No I'm not in the know same as other people who just happen to be in a certain place at a certain time and overhear or are told something,sometimes its fact sometimes its crap. There are things that I've heard from both sides I wouldn't make it public because with all the shit thats going on I would'nt know if I was being set up or not.

Nick

Administrator
I think SISU's statements that they are carrying on with the JR and stadium negated the need for ACL's and CCC's PR team. Saved a Lot of money.

I guess they know that city fans will lap up everything they say or do ;) Even if months ago they were outraged about the same thing happening to us.

I must admit, they do work wonders. Genius!

martcov

City wanted a home when they want to Northampton. You seem to be keen to justify the Wasps thing.

If SISU wanted to move a team in from outside of Coventry there would be a meltdown.

SISU not making an offer doesn't force ACL to bring a team in from miles away, or force the team to move miles. If it was Coventry Rugby Club talking to ACL then where is the issue?

Just admit it, they are all as bad as each other. All following the cash.

No. City wanted to distress a stadium management company in order to obtain a freehold on the cheap. Nothing to do with the football Team. Investors returns. I would not complain if SISU bought ACL and Rented to Wasps using the income to Build the team and went about getting a Return that way. Coventry Rigby club are usually broke and don't Play European games. They are not all as Bad as each other, but all have bills ( or investors ) to pay.

Nick

Administrator
No. City wanted to distress a stadium management company in order to obtain a freehold on the cheap. Nothing to do with the football Team. Investors returns. I would not complain if SISU bought ACL and Rented to Wasps using the income to Build the team and went about getting a Return that way. Coventry Rigby club are usually broke and don't Play European games. They are not all as Bad as each other, but all have bills ( or investors ) to pay.

Why does it matter if they are broke and don't play European games? They are the Coventry Rugby Team?

Coventry City are broke and don't play in Europe, why don't we move Man Utd in.

They are all as bad as each other (no I am not saying in percentage and getting into that shit), but they are all just looking after their own. The football club doesn't come into it with any of them.

Limey

Even SISU have gone quiet. This is unusual. It has been a few weeks since Fisher moved his lips. Nothing about building, owning, Coventry area or the colour of the seats. Don't you find it a little strange Torch? I would expect to hear lots from them if their plans that had cost them millions so far were about to be gone for good. So I wouldn't be surprised at all if theywere part of the negotiations. Is this the reason they brought our club home?

But no I am supposed to hate everyone and everything to do with these secret talks without knowing any details. I have learned to expect the unexpected with this ongoing saga.

I had the same thought process today. I think all parties went silent prior to the rent agreement. Then again, I'm probably just trying to find positives.....
I do still believe that the CCC would prioritise any potential ccfc deal over a wasps deal.

Otis

I had the same thought process today. I think all parties went silent prior to the rent agreement. Then again, I'm probably just trying to find positives.....
I do still believe that the CCC would prioritise any potential ccfc deal over a wasps deal.

Of course they would .... well, you would certainly hope they would, anyway. It would be nonsensical to do anything else. I can't see how they would dare consider to favour an outside interest over the City's own football team. They have a half stake in ACL and are there to represent the people of Coventry.

If Sisu are insistent they are not staying at the Ricoh and won't enter into any negotiations, well then that would be a different matter entirely.

We surely will get some statement soon I would have thought and the CCC would be as good as start as any. They need to do the right thing here.

MichaelCCFC

Where is the meltdown? When you catch me referring to myself as "Sky Blues Talk" then you need to worry. :)

Your posts are getting a bit shouty. A few kcic-ers are having a drink tomoz so email and I'll give you details cos sounds like you could do with a drink and relax

Otis

Your posts are getting a bit shouty. A few kcic-ers are having a drink tomoz so email and I'll give you details cos sounds like you could do with a drink and relax

Or you could always just take one of these babies ......

images

Limey

We surely will get some statement soon I would have thought and the CCC would be as good as start as any. They need to do the right thing here.

When? I'm starting to lose sleep now.
Great idea about the team photo by the cathedral btw. The dean can't get enough of the mighty sky blues! (possible take over bid?)

L

limoncello

No I'm not in the know same as other people who just happen to be in a certain place at a certain time and overhear or are told something,sometimes its fact sometimes its crap. There are things that I've heard from both sides I wouldn't make it public because with all the shit thats going on I would'nt know if I was being set up or not.

I hear ya, bro. Is it the one about the thing with the ground/surroundings? Letchworth overland? When I heard about it my chin hit the floor. Got to be bullshit, yeah?

martcov

Why does it matter if they are broke and don't play European games? They are the Coventry Rugby Team?

Coventry City are broke and don't play in Europe, why don't we move Man Utd in.

They are all as bad as each other (no I am not saying in percentage and getting into that shit), but they are all just looking after their own. The football club doesn't come into it with any of them.

It matters because CCC are involved and we all know about the money they are owed, Wasps can pay. Cov can't. Man U are happy where they are. The football Club only comes into it when there's a chance of a quick buck. I still want to SISU to come back to the original plan of promotion and a quick sell on. Then we are all on the same side. A long lease of the Ricoh would add value and yes, I would accept Wasps as a paying tenant of SISU at the Ricoh. Wasps need a bigger stadium for European games. Wycombe is too small, ours is under used. I hope SISU know what they are doing. Up Til now, they're playing crap,

Users who are viewing this thread