Leicester points deduction (3 Viewers)

Frostie

Quite they were never exactly plucky little Leicester….the shits have been bank rolled by billionaires for a while now….and still they cheat 🤔😡
Quite something to gain an unfair advantage by cheating the financial rules, having the highest wage bill outside the 'Big 6' & still getting relegated 🤣

fernandopartridge

As someone who was born in Coventry and lived in Leicester next door to one of your old Directors (his name escapes me now but was a twat) in Stoneygate, I can categorically state Leicester is not a bigger city than Coventry in terms of population or acreage. Leicester is a county town so has a good catchment, but so has Coventry with a north and south Warwickshire area that is massive. Both towns have identical A, B, C etc population profiles. Although I have not lived in Leicester since the late 90s, at that time, most of the asian and afro-carribean people I worked with supported Man U and Arsenal. Coventry has a lower population percentage from these groups. Leicester got lucky with the way they avoided points deductions and got a lot of money when it was most helpful.
You winning the Prem was awesome, but you are only bigger than Coventry at the moment in terms of football history and current performance. The world turns and these things change very quickly. Just look at Ipswich and Stoke.
The city of Leicester has a population of 367k, it is bigger than Coventry at 344k.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Gynnsthetonic

The city of Leicester has a population of 367k, it is bigger than Coventry at 344k.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Yes it is, but if you add up the urban areas and commuter towns there's probably not a lot in it, Warwickshire a lovely county same as Leicestershire, Coventry not so much same as Leicester although they do have a better City Centre for shopping especially

Northants Sky Blue

There's not much in it, but I'd say Leicester draw on c.850,00 local residents we draw on c.750,000

The "Leicester" blob from a satellite is def bigger as their equivalents of Leam etc are almost joined to the city whereas we have a gap.

Strict boundaries bit irrelevant with football tbh- Old Trafford not in Manchester, City ground not in Nottingham, Amex outside Brighton

Sick Boy

I'm not sure there's much of an argument to be had; the cities are very similar. Even their version of Hillfields is called Highfields.

Brylowes

1710497512750.png
The contiguous urban area of Leicester is clearly a fair bit larger than that of Coventry, the population of the cities proper aren’t to dissimilar (both around 350.000 ) but the urban area population of Leicester is approaching 600,000 where as Coventry‘s is approximately 400,000.

Gynnsthetonic

View attachment 34549
The contiguous urban area of Leicester is clearly a fair bit larger than that of Coventry, the population of the cities proper aren’t to dissimilar (both around 350.000 ) but the urban area population of Leicester is approaching 600,000 where as Coventry‘s is approximately 400,000.
If you count Rugby (100,000) Leamington and Warwick (100,000) Nuneaton and Bedworth (100,000) then we are well over 650,000

robbiethemole

View attachment 34549
That is horrendous!!! I live in Countesthorpe and I'm surrounded by King Power shirt wankers, every Saturday they're waiting for the bus into the city, and the song about 'interbred' is not far off. My neighbour next door is a 'tv' supporter but still wears the shirt!!
tbf, he always asks how we got on after a game, but I never ask him about them hahaha

HadjiChippo

Didn't we have a similarly dull discussion with regard to Ipswich a few weeks ago that went on for pages?

giphy.gif

Brylowes

I was on about Coventry commuter towns within about an 8 mile distance, it would be like adding Derby and Nottingham on to leicester
I know you were, but the outskirts of Birmingham are about the same distance as the outskirts of Rugby.

If you add Leicester’s nearby commuter towns such as Hinkley, Loughborough, Shepshed, Coalville etc the population would probably reach around 850,000.

whatever way you look at it, Coventry is smaller than Leicester.

Covkid1968#

That is horrendous!!! I live in Countesthorpe and I'm surrounded by King Power shirt wankers, every Saturday they're waiting for the bus into the city, and the song about 'interbred' is not far off. My neighbour next door is a 'tv' supporter but still wears the shirt!!
tbf, he always asks how we got on after a game, but I never ask him about them hahaha
When I moved from Husbands Bosworth to north Leics I stopped seeing them about. Near Kegworth it’s mainly Forest and Derby…. Just the occasional bin dipping Leics fan.

Bad Boy

When I moved from Husbands Bosworth to north Leics I stopped seeing them about. Near Kegworth it’s mainly Forest and Derby…. Just the occasional bin dipping Leics fan.
Bin dippers are exclusively red Merseysiders.
Whereas Leicester are just puss filled festering incesters who lick mould off their walls.

Sick Boy

My parents moved to northern Leicestershire. There’s loads of them there, unfortunately.

Bad Boy

Yeah something like that. Don’t you lot just throw cats in bins? Asking for a friend ⚽️🦊
Thats what you do with cats Leicester fox...bin them.
Don't know what's worse-the cat or the owners.
They stand in a litter tray, piss and shit and then they're allowed to walk all over work surfaces, furniture, carpets and worst of all sit on you.
In the bin for me.

Terry Gibson's perm

I’m not a fan of ffp but they knew the rules and broke them, a points deduction shouldn’t be it though they should also lose their parachute payments if they come down.

The Great Eastern

Bin dippers are exclusively red Merseysiders.
Whereas Leicester are just puss filled festering incesters who lick mould off their walls.
In Norwich, the Ipswich fans were known as the Bin Men for a few years. Came about from an episode of Suffolk based antique drama Lovejoy. One of Ian Mcshanes cohorts went looking in a bin for something, found an Ipswich scarf and promptly put it round his neck 😁

They stand in a litter tray, piss and shit and then they're allowed to walk all over work surfaces, furniture, carpets and worst of all sit on you.
In the bin for me.
Yep despise them too mate. Much prefer dogs anyhow

wingy

In the bin for me.
You obviously haven't been made aware of the modern versions,had to take a second look round my.daughters last year when they got their kittens!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread