Leicester given 4500 (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

I think it was a bit of an experiment that might result in a few more home tickets being sold for boxing day.
First thing I saw when I walked up the steps was an empty away end, didn't know what the hell was going on!

It's probably that they didn't change the configuration from the Blues game.

Gynnsthetonic

I'm not sure Doug has full control over it. He said in the last forum how he'd like fans close together like at other grounds. They probably wouldn't allow a split in the South Stand against Leicester.
Like they do for Arsenal/Spurs, Man U/Man City, Chelsea/West Ham, just a row of stewards

chiefdave

Anyone else watch the Southampton commentary game against us? Leicester used the CBS as a training ground whilst we were in St Andrews?
Don’t remember them using it as a training ground, think they’ve got that wrong. They did use it for an u21s game when the ground they usually play at had a waterlogged pitch.

Tommo1993

We’ve come very close to selling out the home areas a few times this season. Against Norwich & Stoke the number of empty seats in the standard home areas was below 500
Until that is pushed, there really is no reason to reduce away allocation.

ricohroar

Don’t remember them using it as a training ground, think they’ve got that wrong. They did use it for an u21s game when the ground they usually play at had a waterlogged pitch.
I'm not sure who their ex player commentator was but said he played for Leicester at the time and as it was left empty they used it for training daily

Skyblueweeman

To be fair, I'm sure Leicester men got a new training campus around that time as I was looking after Leicester women at that point and i know they were going to be getting the mens old training facilities so it could well be true. Using it for a bit whilst the new one was finished off etc.

That said, I'm pretty sure something would've come out about it at the time if it did happen. Wouldn't surprise me though if those extinct, egg-chasing, stripey pricks agreed to let our biggest 'rivals' use it when we weren't there.

wingy

To be fair, I'm sure Leicester men got a new training campus around that time as I was looking after Leicester women at that point and i know they were going to be getting the mens old training facilities so it could well be true. Using it for a bit whilst the new one was finished off etc.

That said, I'm pretty sure something would've come out about it at the time if it did happen. Wouldn't surprise me though if those extinct, egg-chasing, stripey pricks agreed to let our biggest 'rivals' use it when we weren't there.
Well it was vacant for a time earlier so my money's on farther back.

Ashdown

Doesn't matter if they sell 4500 or 50, they'll still make no noise, shit fan base.
I’ll just correct that for you …..very large and numerous fan base….not great vocally and need silly clappers to enhance actual vocal support.

Cov_92

What's with putting the away fans right up against singers corner with only a block and a bit in between, have the naughty boys over the other side been causing too much trouble
Testing that the seg line operations are effective, it allows an evaluation of policing and stewarding deployment.

Cov_92

I think it was a bit of an experiment that might result in a few more home tickets being sold for boxing day.
First thing I saw when I walked up the steps was an empty away end, didn't know what the hell was going on!
The central section has been removed, each seg line will be evaluated to ensure the safest and most cost effective security deployment is used.

Cov_92

Interesting they aren’t as concerned about security for this as they were when segregating our own fans against Boro
Segregation is based on the risk rating for the fixture, this comes from Police intelligence, demand, likelihood and consequences of crowd disorder.How fans travel to ground, public transport links. Etc. Each game is evaluated individually and agreements made with the venue, CCFC and safety team.

Brighton Sky Blue

Segregation is based on the risk rating for the fixture, this comes from Police intelligence, demand, likelihood and consequences of crowd disorder.How fans travel to ground, public transport links. Etc. Each game is evaluated individually and agreements made with the venue, CCFC and safety team.
In all of those categories, this is higher risk.

Cov_92

In all of those categories, this is higher risk.
Like everything in football we are governed by rules and regulations. Some beneficial others just to remain compliant. If a request is made for away allocation all of the above are assessed to either agree or defer large away allocation. One thing I did miss was home behaviours, this again is a factor. Segregation lines eat up commercial viability,stewarding and Policing has to be paid for, at huge costs!
If away tickets can be sold, in large numbers due to demand, it in some way helps ease the financial burden for home clubs to meet their security bills.
In a Utopian world we would have a line of stewards between fans, not have huge numbers of staff to enforce the rules against Persistent Standing ,and reduce our expenditure to as low as possible. It takes all sides to work on this and let the ticket sales go to improving facilities and better players!

ccfc922

Anyone else watch the Southampton commentary game against us? Leicester used the CBS as a training ground whilst we were in St Andrews?

Why? When they have their state of the art training complex? Genuinely don't know, just surprised.

Brighton Sky Blue

Like everything in football we are governed by rules and regulations. Some beneficial others just to remain compliant. If a request is made for away allocation all of the above are assessed to either agree or defer large away allocation. One thing I did miss was home behaviours, this again is a factor. Segregation lines eat up commercial viability,stewarding and Policing has to be paid for, at huge costs!
If away tickets can be sold, in large numbers due to demand, it in some way helps ease the financial burden for home clubs to meet their security bills.
In a Utopian world we would have a line of stewards between fans, not have huge numbers of staff to enforce the rules against Persistent Standing ,and reduce our expenditure to as low as possible. It takes all sides to work on this and let the ticket sales go to improving facilities and better players!
If there is one game where there’s going to be any ‘trouble’, this is it. That and the need to disinfect 4500 seats after the game which isn’t going to be cheap.

Will probably need to disinfect the pitch with that rat Dewsbury-Hall around too.

chiefdave

What nobody has ever really been able to explain is why other clubs can play games against bitter rivals with a long history of trouble with the two sets of fans so close to each other they could shake hands yet this is seemingly impossible for us.

It can't be 'fan behaviour' as we see the arrest figures for all clubs published and we are nowhere near the top of that particular table.

Cov_92

What nobody has ever really been able to explain is why other clubs can play games against bitter rivals with a long history of trouble with the two sets of fans so close to each other they could shake hands yet this is seemingly impossible for us.

It can't be 'fan behaviour' as we see the arrest figures for all clubs published and we are nowhere near the top of that particular table.
I completely agree, there is obvious changes (positive) happening at the moment, the south stand central seg lines have been removed, away are over in block 11, the accessible platform for away fans has been re opened,which can only be a plus for inclusion. As much as I love JH, I'd love to see that banner removed and replaced with fans. Like I said, I think changes are happening that are bringing supporters closer together. I guess things take time to implement.

Cov_92

So blocks 6&7 staying empty?
I wouldn't think so, demand will be huge,I'd love to see 4/5 full with home right into that corner, it would be interesting to see what the South capacity is now with some seg lines removed. I hate the look of the seg in any stadium, it isn't appealing at all.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

Weird lack of segregation for Ipswich v Norwich. Guess they must deem it a low risk game...

Cov_92

Weird lack of segregation for Ipswich v Norwich. Guess they must deem it a low risk game...
Intelligence and budget based decisions, different police forces, stewarding and security is again meeting perceived risks for public safety. The club is constantly monitored by SGSA and Local authority.

Users who are viewing this thread