Leicester given 4500 (1 Viewer)

Covkid1968#

Pisses me off!!

SkyBlueSam01

Will easily be a sell out if we are still doing well in a month - could be an extra 2000 sky blues in there if we gave them 2500

How many did they give us at their place? (How long ago does that feel btw??)

bigfatronssba

I think its likely to sell out.

However I'll be pissed off if it "sells out" at 28k with loads of empty seats between the home & away fans

Covkid1968#

Yeah taking money from opposition fans, when we probably won't sell out the home end, is a real piss take.
Don’t really care… just didn’t want that many of them making a racket.

Brighton Sky Blue

That’s the key word. Why would the club keep tickets back Leicester have presumably told them they can sell when the home end hasn’t been sold out for any game?
Interesting they aren’t as concerned about security for this as they were when segregating our own fans against Boro

pusbccfc

Don’t see any reason to be pissed off at all.

Because we keep throwing 4500 tickets out before knowing the home demand. Birmingham last season was a good example.

Sheffield Wednesday is already close to selling out in the home ends but we gave 4500 too early.

Tommo1993

Because we keep throwing 4500 tickets out before knowing the home demand. Birmingham last season was a good example.

Sheffield Wednesday is already close to selling out in the home ends but we gave 4500 too early.

We haven’t sold out once though. Maybe then it’s a consideration.

ccfc1234

It's a far bigger game than anything this season for many Cov fans. We're limited at about 25,000 for Leicester, that's likely to sell, even at £37.
The capacity of the CBS is over 32,500 assuming 1500 are needed to segregate (i would hope less) that should still leave City fans with 26,500 for sale not 25,000?

pusbccfc

The capacity of the CBS is over 32,500 assuming 1500 are needed to segregate (i would hope less) that should still leave City fans with 26,500 for sale not 25,000?

We won't be allowed more than 30,000 with 4500 away end. The Birmingham game last season sold out a week in advance but with 3000 empty seats.

SkyBlueSam01

That’s the key word. Why would the club keep tickets back Leicester have presumably told them they can sell when the home end hasn’t been sold out for any game?
A fair point although Id actually go back and revise my opinion - I think we would sell out even if not on a good run.

Could we not give them an initial 2500 and release more if we are struggling to sell home tickets?

clint van damme

Hands up if you hate the fact we've given them 4.5k but were still singing the doug King song tonight

ricohroar

Anyone else watch the Southampton commentary game against us? Leicester used the CBS as a training ground whilst we were in St Andrews?

Macca1987

What's with putting the away fans right up against singers corner with only a block and a bit in between, have the naughty boys over the other side been causing too much trouble

bigfatronssba

What's with putting the away fans right up against singers corner with only a block and a bit in between, have the naughty boys over the other side been causing too much trouble

I think with there being a big away crowd against Birmingham last week, and a big away crowd against Wednesday coming up, they couldn’t be arsed to move the segregation

bigfatronssba

We haven’t sold out once though. Maybe then it’s a consideration.

We’ve come very close to selling out the home areas a few times this season. Against Norwich & Stoke the number of empty seats in the standard home areas was below 500

clint van damme

I think it was a bit of an experiment that might result in a few more home tickets being sold for boxing day.
First thing I saw when I walked up the steps was an empty away end, didn't know what the hell was going on!

pusbccfc

Tenuous maybe but given he is the ultimate decision maker it's hard to say zero.

I'm not sure Doug has full control over it. He said in the last forum how he'd like fans close together like at other grounds. They probably wouldn't allow a split in the South Stand against Leicester.

Users who are viewing this thread