Latest news - My own survey (1 Viewer)

hill83

I spoke to a good 60 people today about the latest goings on at the City.
The majority aren't happy with the current situation but will still go and watch us if we end up playing in Northampton.

Just saying. It's still not as clear cut as this forum suggests.

J

Jack Griffin

The majority aren't happy with the current situation but will still go and watch us if we end up playing in Northampton.

That's a lie if I ever heard one.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, I feel confident crowds at Northampton will be pitiful.

hill83

Yep, I make a living out of making up lies on the internet. You've found me out.

Spionkop

I've talked to about twenty people in past fortnight, all season ticket holders bar two, and they go regularly. Not one is going to Northampton. Two will support Leamington, one Nuneaton. The rest will go to a few away games and some are done with it.

hill83

I've talked to about twenty people in past fortnight, all season ticket holders bar two, and they go regularly. Not one is going to Northampton. Two will support Leamington, one Nuneaton. The rest will go to a few away games and some are done with it.

I'm i the same boat, I'm definitely not going. I was surprised myself.

Spionkop

I'd imagine you'll be talking 1,000 to begin with and it'll drop dramatically then. 300 for some midweek game in January, if the club lasts that long.

The Reverend Skyblue

Five, close and distant family members,four of who takes their sons, all have supported the club over 40 years and not one are even contemplating going to Northampton.
The five and me which in my maths makes six, will be watching local non league football, 3 at Banbury United, 2 at Brackley town and me as I live in Norfolk will support Diss town whose pitch backs onto my back garden. Its just over the fence and a half decent ground ,with a fantastically cheap bar, and I'm allowed to take purchases to pitch side.

Funnily enough Diss town once won the FA Vase many moons ago ,and have been very shit since. I just can't get away from it can I.

All of us at the moment are up in the air about going away, we can't make our minds up, we were a few weeks ago , but we are so sick of the almighty mess we are all losing faith to tell you the truth, Its like losing a long lost love, very slowly she ebbs away, do you fight on, or do you say a temporary farewell to it all and all the anguish that goes with it, and go and enjoy just watching football with no allegiance to any team playing, but have a good time doing it

Last edited:

duffer

fwiw... The half-dozen or so that I've gone to the City with for the last twenty years aren't going to Northampton, assuming it actually pans out that way.

You might've grabbed a rather unusual sample in your vox pop. Were you at TF's barbeque? ;)

italiahorse

Your deluded ...... It's as clear as day. PUCU

Tom's Dad

I live near Northampton and won't be going. When talk was of Walsall I was considering going to Cobblers home games but won't be dong that now. Looks like a few City away games only now.

SkyblueBazza

My work takes me into the potentially murky world of statistical analysis &, for the sake of argument let's call it, scientific data analysis.
Immediately, sample of 60 beats one of 20 at face value. The next thing is - who did you ask? 20 season ticket holders may be a better sample than 60 City fans living within a 3mile radius of Sixfields...not wanting to rubbish your efforts - it's just simply that you haven't done a proper analysis or provided enough raw data for anyone else to either...so both sets of data are useless & tell us not a jot about the likely attendance should we play at Sixfields.
By Christ I hope we don't though - a sample of one? I shall not be there...NEVER...nor anywhere else than our intended home of the Ricoh (away games excepting...although I would boycott any away game at Northampton too to signify my disgust at their support for this repulsive goings on at CCFC in current & recent times)

dongonzalos

Just can't see you having 60 friends

Darth Robins

I'd genuinely rather watch you strain a shit out.

You could get a webcam set up and have ACL show that on the big scoreboard at the ricoh on matchdays. Make it a weekly event, you score points for making the farts and splashes sound like the sky blue song. Bonus points for claret and blue toilet paper.

hill83

My work takes me into the potentially murky world of statistical analysis &, for the sake of argument let's call it, scientific data analysis.
Immediately, sample of 60 beats one of 20 at face value. The next thing is - who did you ask? 20 season ticket holders may be a better sample than 60 City fans living within a 3mile radius of Sixfields...not wanting to rubbish your efforts - it's just simply that you haven't done a proper analysis or provided enough raw data for anyone else to either...so both sets of data are useless & tell us not a jot about the likely attendance should we play at Sixfields.
By Christ I hope we don't though - a sample of one? I shall not be there...NEVER...nor anywhere else than our intended home of the Ricoh (away games excepting...although I would boycott any away game at Northampton too to signify my disgust at their support for this repulsive goings on at CCFC in current & recent times)

To be fair, there is no data, I just spoke to loads of people today in and around Earlsdon and the Godiva Festival, and more often than not people were saying they would be going.

Also it was no effort, it was just a slightly beered up happy me talking to people.

Leamington Pete

Not doubting you Hill83 (well maybe just a bit) but where we're you to be amongst 60 fairly regular City fans at one time? I'd be pushed to find six at the moment.

Just asking like.

italiahorse

It was all scientific. The sample was taken in Bristol and the question was "will you be going to Coventry City's first home game"

hill83

Not doubting you Hill83 (well maybe just a bit) but where we're you to be amongst 60 fairly regular City fans at one time? I'd be pushed to find six at the moment.

Just asking like.

It wasn't all at one time, but it's quite a hot topic at the moment. A good 10 said they would be going regardless in the Albany club alone.

Anyway, I'm not trying to make a point, as I said before, I won't be going myself.

Users who are viewing this thread