Lameiras & Murphy (1 Viewer)

Skybluenutterman

Whilst I have faith in TM, I was astonished today that the man of the match last week and the player of the month for November were both left out of the side!! I was in the lounge today and Murphy was interviewed along with Rickets and was only left out the squad today because of the 5 loan rule. Incredible!! Kent is a liability and there is never any end product.

Murphy didn't have a good game against Sheffield United in my opinion. Maybe sitting out the Oldham game will see him step it up for the Port Vale and Chesterfield games.

stupot07

Murphy didn't have a good game against Sheffield United in my opinion. Maybe sitting out the Oldham game will see him step it up for the Port Vale and Chesterfield games.

I agree, he had 1 good moment but was largely poor agains Sheffield United, Lamieres on the other hand was MOTM for us and got dropped.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

AFCCOVENTRY

Murphy did nothing against Sheffield. Then again at home he has moments of magic.

You don't know which Murphy will turn up on the day.

Then again a lot of our players are inconsistent at the moment.

ptr

Whilst I have faith in TM, I was astonished today that the man of the match last week and the player of the month for November were both left out of the side!! I was in the lounge today and Murphy was interviewed along with Rickets and was only left out the squad today because of the 5 loan rule. Incredible!! Kent is a liability and there is never any end product.

Wow Kent is a liability becuase he has no end product? What a rediculous statement he was are most dangerous player today.

stupot07

Wow Kent is a liability becuase he has no end product? What a rediculous statement he was are most dangerous player today.

What did he create? I'm not having a go, I thought if anyone was looking like unlocking their defence, JOB looked the most likely to do it, especially in the first half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

covcity4life

As I've said in other threads I thought kent looked our best attacking player

JOB has a better overall game mind.

percy

Murphy did nothing against Sheffield. Then again at home he has moments of magic.

You don't know which Murphy will turn up on the day.

Then again a lot of our players are inconsistent at the moment.

we should get murphys identical twin brother in on loan as well that would be a laugh and confuse defences

SlowerThanPlatt

Based on performances this season so far:

Maddison > O'Brien > Murphy > Lameiras > Kent > Cole

I wouldn't keep Kent and Cole after January. Between them they have 2 goals and 1 assist in 20 games.

mechaishida

Uh, yeah, pretty much...*confused face*...what use is a showboat who can only show off and then lose possession?

Just because he's fast and full of tricks doesn't mean he's a good team player. He has no assists and one goal to his name, is that right?

He has potential, that's about it. Murphy is a better all-round player, albeit inconsistent, but Murphy can change a game in a second.

stevefloyd

I thought Bigi played well yesterday, passed it well a few good balls forward even though someone said he was doing an impression of Ray Wilkins.. Also thought Fortune' done ok on the other hand Cole didn't look fit enough too slow and passed awful... bloody shame, I think we would have done better with Lameiras on instead of Cole.. I would think TM would want a better look at Cole before trying to keep him but to be honest I think his days are numbered

standupforcity

Uh, yeah, pretty much...*confused face*...what use is a showboat who can only show off and then lose possession?

Just because he's fast and full of tricks doesn't mean he's a good team player. He has no assists and one goal to his name, is that right?

He has potential, that's about it. Murphy is a better all-round player, albeit inconsistent, but Murphy can change a game in a second.

Kent is the one player who's not part of the team. Get rid NOW!!!!!

mechaishida

Ball-greedy?

A bit, aye. From what I've seen of him, he's just content to show off and try and beat people for pace. Yeah, he's full of tricks and can run like a whippet, but fuck me his distribution and teamwork are mediocre at best.

No point frightening full backs with pace and tricks if there's no end product, imo. They'll just invite him to do it, knowing there's nothing at the end of it.

Londonccfcfan

Kent is the one player who's not part of the team. Get rid NOW!!!!!

Ryan Kent is a talent, but whilst he does create opportunities for himself (which he fluffs) as soon as he gets so much of a whiff of a goal.
The end product , final ball just isn't there! he doesn't pass or shoot, very frustrating.

For him to start in the team ahead of more assured (relatively speaking) players like Lameiras and Murphy is nothing short of Joke.

BTW the one goal he did score vs Barnsley, I'm not totally convinced he meant it? was it a cross? as he has got nowhere near repeating or scoring a goal like that in every home match he starts. If hes got the talent to score that goal (if he meant it) he should be doing a lot better when he gets in great positions in every match but fails to deliver when it matter.

At best hes a good option off the bench against tiring teams. would like to see him work on and improve his decision making in final third.

Users who are viewing this thread