Kitching (1 Viewer)

zuni

Any clips of what happened?

Blind-Faith

The SW player tried to nut him before the ref even blew the whistle, then tried again after the FT whistle. Kitching must of said something to wind him up, love it 😂

SeaSeeEffCee

Can’t really judge it off the video provided as so much of it is off camera. Hopefully there are more angles available because if not I can’t see it getting overturned.

Gibbo

They are rarely rescinded - point of principle.

Won't it depend on how they interpret Kitching's response to the first attempt to nut him? If there is any sight of physicality then he's toast. If it's seen as only verbal, he has a chance.

MalcSB

The City unseen video team may have some footage as well as the main cameras. Robins was adamant Kitching had done nothing.

ptr

Kitching didn’t argue with the ref. Seemed to hold his hands up.

Hopefully I am wrong but slightly worried with what he may have said. Although Diaby is known to lose his head easily.

Marty

Ifollow were showing replays from behind the goal, so there a different camera angels of it, it should be rescinded imo, as it looks like he doesn't do anything wrong.

skyblueelephant76

Hopefully I am wrong but slightly worried with what he may have said. Although Diaby is known to lose his head easily.
Diaby had been arguing with his own players towards the end of the game, his head had completely gone.

SleepyGinger

Both would have been at Barnsley together, can’t see it getting overturned fwiw. Binks, Lati or Fadz to replace him?

Martin180

Binks I would have thought although it would be difficult to leave Latibeaudiere out of the side after today's performance. I guess it might depend in how fit Sheaf is. Can't see McFadzean in a back four.
Whole reason we've played a back five for the past couple of seasons is that Fadz legs have gone . Still been a magnificent servant for us and one I hope makes his way onto the coaching team , but the thought of him in a back four is not a good one

MalcSB

We need to remember that it is seen as acceptable for referees to get 15% of big decisions wrong.

oscillatewildly

Absolutely zero evidence from this clip (apart from two sublime finishes) of anything.
I sit in the North stand and I turned around at the final whistle to chat with a bloke behind me so missed the initial immediate shenanigans - Only to witness the post incident grapple death match.
Apparently their bloke stuck the head on Kitch and Kitch reacted in a less than red card manner.
Given the fact that Shef W are sub zero bottom feeder opposition (I do believe this is a fact) those 3 pts won set off against a 3 game loss of a critical first team selection player makes this result (potentially) feel more like a draw.

David O'Day

The club has non broadcast cameras there for tactical recordings and 1 of them likely picked it up

JohnWH

What does actual appeal process look like? Genuine question, due to ignorance.
Doesn't matter what (if anything) anyone else may or may not have seen. Is an appeals based solely on a match official's report or is there room and procedure to allow and introduce additional evidence such as alternative video, testimony, etc. Like many, I only got a half view and filling in rest with speculation. Is there a committee board, etc.

slowpoke

I think Kitching will be unlucky, it looks nothing more than a couple of defensive shoves but I think the FA will just back the ref as Kitching did put his hands on a player.
I hope I’m wrong

Not sure of the rules now but is it still if you appeal but fail an extra game is added to the ban which would make it a 4 match ban.
His three game ban would cover Swansea, Middlesbrough & the Oxford cup-tie a fourth would include Leicester.

long way home

The club will be looking on what film they have then decide if its good evidence to show to get it reversed. The interview Robins suggested the ref didn't see the start of it and thinks that could help Kitching.

But once dust has settled and they are back they may decide to move on and work towards playing without Kitching due to restrictions in time to get answers.

kg82

I took that as he didn’t want to say anything stupid in the heat of the moment that might adversely affect any appeal.

Users who are viewing this thread