king scores! (1 Viewer)

Astute

The Queen will have a smile on her face tonight then.

pusbccfc

Played very well tbh

Nonleagueherewecome

So much for the 3-6 month injury. Meh, at least he didn't get to score against us.

Astute

As we found out to our expense last season one good player does not make a good team. They will always have a chance of winning with him, but their team has vastly changed from last season. They might just become a half decent championship team.

Otis

Fair play to him. If i had the choice between Europa League or Cov i'd choose the same.

Yes indeed. Nowt like playing in the Europa League and losing every game and finishing bottom of the table. Go enjoy it Marlon it will be brilliant! :D

torchomatic

n1xon

Seriously??!! If you had a phone call from Andy Thorn and Chris Hughton today asking you to sign to sign for their clubs, you would choose Blues to play in Europe.

Boooo :p

with us guy that support cov its different we would want to play for the team we love. with king he dont support the team he plays for its just a job. so five grand a week more and the chance to play in europe who in the right mind wouldnt go for it.

Il Pirata

King will always be a woman beater.

King will always look like the alien-human hybrid from Alien Resurrection.

That is all.

Class act he is regardless of what he’s done, weve missed him this season big time and that 1 player would have made a massive difference to our season. we would easily be mid table if he was still here

I reckon we'd be higher than mid-table as he'd have given us that little bit extra we missed up front in the first few games. He's a very good striker at this level. That said, they won't be going anywhere with that squad this season. Haw haw

lordsummerisle

I reckon we'd be higher than mid-table as he'd have given us that little bit extra we missed up front in the first few games. He's a very good striker at this level. That said, they won't be going anywhere with that squad this season. Haw haw

We weren't last season when he was here, and apparently we've been decimated by losing all our best players since?

IMO King was our only major loss. But yes we're not going anywhere either. Our squad's too thin and inexperienced. The only reason we're not sitting bottom is that Thorn's getting the best out of his players in style and team spirit.

covcity4life

i think personally that its plain to see now that king did tell thorn he would stay but thenn changed his mind once brum came into the equation, i dont think sisu faxing over the contract is what ruined matters,king was never going to sign once brum came into it

he didnt wanna be a sky blue no matter what he said, lets move on

wingy

i think personally that its plain to see now that king did tell thorn he would stay but thenn changed his mind once brum came into the equation, i dont think sisu faxing over the contract is what ruined matters,king was never going to sign once brum came into it

he didnt wanna be a sky blue no matter what he said, lets move on
Seems curious on the PR side that SISU hav'nt tried to emphasise this point since the story ssurfaced ,unless they believe the fans are so set against them that it would be pointless?:thinking about:

Astute

Brum offered him 2 1/4m over 3 years. We offered him 1m over 2 years. Brum offered him Europa league. We offered him a battle in the Championship.

If you were not a Cov fan what would you do?

Nonleagueherewecome

I've got to say that I agree Thorn is making a huge difference. We'd probably be bottom by some distance with a numpty like Reid or Dowie in charge of the present squad. All that "Crazy Gang" spirit, strength in adversity stuff-he really seems to be pulling that off.

King may have added a lot by his goalscoring and general footballing ability alone, but would he have bought into the team ethic in the way many of the present players have? I know from things people have told me that King wasn't the most popular member of the dressing room. I said more through hope when King left that, maybe, we'll see other players deliver an extra 20% with such a disruptive influence out of the side. I don't think we've seen that yet, but with a settled side, growing confidence and a bit of quality added in the loan market (I can dream!), we could do soon.

wingy

I've got to say that I agree Thorn is making a huge difference. We'd probably be bottom by some distance with a numpty like Reid or Dowie in charge of the present squad. All that "Crazy Gang" spirit, strength in adversity stuff-he really seems to be pulling that off.

King may have added a lot by his goalscoring and general footballing ability alone, but would he have bought into the team ethic in the way many of the present players have? I know from things people have told me that King wasn't the most popular member of the dressing room. I said more through hope when King left that, maybe, we'll see other players deliver an extra 20% with such a disruptive influence out of the side. I don't think we've seen that yet, but with a settled side, growing confidence and a bit of quality added in the loan market (I can dream!), we could do soon.
Always wondered that NLHWC,at his introduction last season coincided withe dreadful form,while his personalinput was good the team went off ,may also have been to do with the loss of turner
.:thinking about:

cornoccfc

Brum offered him 2 1/4m over 3 years. We offered him 1m over 2 years. Brum offered him Europa league. We offered him a battle in the Championship.

Exactly my sentiments, should be grateful for the 13 goals from him and player of the season performances he gave whilst wearing sky blue.

More focus needed on the players we have, rather than those we wished we still had!

lordsummerisle

Exactly my sentiments, should be grateful for the 13 goals from him and player of the season performances he gave whilst wearing sky blue.

More focus needed on the players we have, rather than those we wished we still had!

I don't still wish we had the twat.

skybluelee

What would I do? Not give my word that I was staying in the first place if it was conditional on not getting a better offer from elsewhere. Simple.

Users who are viewing this thread