Keep the telegraph stand closed!!! (1 Viewer)

Covstu

Really think the atmosphere is better when we are more compact, keep the stand closed and move the 20 season ticket holders into the east stand!!

You know it makes sense!!!

Cbaker89

Agreed! The atmosphere was the catalyst for us pulling that game back round

Baginton

we moved from stand 24 to 26 when then opened up the corner bit, much better view there, your looking straight ahead in 26, compared to a slight angle in 24 causing neck ache, keep it as it was tonight with the corner bit open.

Good to see North stand turnstyles open, easy access tonight.

torchomatic

Bollocks to that, i like sitting there.

Gaz

Piss off !
I'm quite happy with where I sit thanks.

kg82

What do you think they'll do re: ticket prices for the area final, and how many do you think we'll get? Surely got to get 20+ thousand?

ggrady

The view is good anywhere in the Ricoh surely you would rather a great atmosphere than a view you prefer where you sit in complete silence

pusbccfc

Fair play to the Tesco 'usually not a peep' stand who made noise. AND THE LLOYDS STAND, WHERE DID YOU LOT COME FROM? I seen you on your feet singing your hearts out! Proud of my sky blue family.

Gaz

The tesco stand was made up mostly of the Telegraph fans that had to move.
That's why it was a better atmosphere.

Controversial ? ;)

Gaz

Play up skyblues !
While block 29 sing together
We will never lose. :D

6 Generations

There is a choice of viewing at The Ricoh these days. Our own personal tickets are family stand based, but only because they were cheap and we always felt that we could sit where we liked this season.
This has proved to be the case and i must say that, although the Telegraph stand were probably the original pretenders to the West End crown, this has not proved to be the case.
The Telegraph stand has, maybe 20 guys who try to inspire the odd song, and fair play, but they fail!!
I think that initially when The Ricoh opened, The Telegraph stand was full of many fans who have drifted away due our general demise.

We love the versatility of varying views at The Ricoh, but must agree that The Telegraph Stand is one of the least enjoyable places to watch the game.

I do look forward to the day when the ground fills again on a sea of Sky Blue optimism.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Moan? You mean express an opinion!

I think the ground looks bad half empty and in front of sky cameras when the camera shows empty stands looks worse than having scattered around! Makes us look a bit silly imo
Don't have to take the comment to heart so much, wasn't having a go at anyone. Just expressing an opinion

How often are we on sky? it looks silly anyway as it is, a third full stadium every week

JWC

Agreed, I think something needs to be done. Having people scattered around does nothing for the atmosphere and needs to be addressed. How about closing the back rows off in all of the stands to get everyone closer to the pitch, then open up behind the goal next to the away supporters?

I know it's unlikely to happen but I think it might work.

Just an idea, like

Gaz

The fact that the away fans are a million miles away from singers corner doesn't help the atmosphere.
Shame really that they leave such a gap.
Funnily enough, didn't that happen because of trouble against Preston fans ?
Could be wrong though.

SBS

I've sat in the CT Stand a couple of times this season and the only noise I've heard from the fans there is abuse aimed at Baker, even if he's playing well!

In all seriousness, I agree with the OP. The atmosphere tonight and for the Sheff Utd game a few weeks ago was ten times better than the league games. I know £5 tickets probably makes a difference, attracting a different crowd etc, but grouping everyone together is better IMO. Either way, the scattering of fans or an empty stand looks shite but it's something we've got to deal with. I'd rather have an atmosphere though.

Covstu

I have sat in the telegraph stand and agree it was full of whinging blokes that didn't like Mcsheffrey (and then it was Hussey). I know people are precious about their seats but the atmosphere at home league games is piss poor as there is a sprinkling of fans distributed throughout the ground. Pull everyone together and the noise increases (it also drowns out the whinging minority too).
You also wouldn't have to open every kiosk in the ground too....

Users who are viewing this thread