Kcic front bid to buy club (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
No it's essential match day costs are defined as they could be just a way of getting extra rent. A breakdown and transparency is essential.

Exactly, match day costs should be cleared up as to what is what so the club don't have to pay silly money for a cleaner per hour. It is a piece of piss to say I will offer free rent if I can just hide that money in matchday costs anyway.

lifelongcityfan

I hope that those who have bought season tickets now realise that for SISU its all about SISU and they do not care about the fans. Clearly this proposal would be cash positive for the club but they do not even consider it.
Even if there was any doubt they wanted only to starve ACL and get the Ricoh for nothing, surely now its clear to all what their strategy is.
Goes to show a full boycott of Sixfields is the only voice that we fans have

Last edited:

Grendel

I hope that those who have bought season tickets now realise that for SISU its all about SISU and they do not care about the fans. Clearly this proposal would be cash positive for the club but they do not even consider it.
Goes to show a full boycott of Sixfields is the only voice that we fans have

Divisive post and irrelevant,

fernandopartridge

Michael - have ACL agreed a rent amount and match day costs for 3 years? What is it?
..... and how can that rent be imposed on a 3rd party if they haven't been involved in it?

Who is culpable if the rent isn't paid?

Will KCIC put money into an escrow?

How does the attendance work? Is it game by game or is it based on the average at the end of the season? Is the rent cost for attendances over 5k flat or on a sliding scale? If the club averaged 5001 over the season would it be expected to pay the same as 15k?

Sorry but it sounds like a gimmick to me.

italiahorse

No it's essential match day costs are defined as they could be just a way of getting extra rent. A breakdown and transparency is essential.

Previous offers allowed Sisu to see the breakdown of these costs so they could verify they were fair?
But hey lets ignore that detail in the probe for what's wrong, rather than what's right here.
Sisu cannot accept this because it fukcs up their plan. They have no intention of getting involved in the detail.
At the very least it shows them up for what they are. In addition it yet again flags up the ACL/CCC haters/ SISU apologists.
Well done.

The Gentleman

..... and how can that rent be imposed on a 3rd party if they haven't been involved in it?

How does the attendance work? Is it game by game or is it based on the average at the end of the season? Is the rent cost for attendances over 5k flat or on a sliding scale? If the club averaged 5001 over the season would it be expected to pay the same as 15k?

Too many questions ahead and it seems that some on here are getting ahead of themselves. The first thing that needs to come of this is Sisu/Otium say that although it is not the most ideal offer but they are more than willing to talk about the finer details. People pissing all over the bonfire on here before it's even got anywhere is negative. This is not spin from 'either side' or Labovitch saying stuff that he cannot back up or show proof of, this is a forward step and it must be embraced for the future of our club.

M&B Stand

Brace yourself for the backlash, any questioning the deal is out of the question.

skybluetony176

And the sisu spin doctor has entered the building. No need to employ WS with "fans" like you around.

fernandopartridge

And the sisu spin doctor has entered the building. No need to employ WS with "fans" like you around.
They're valid questions.

I'm just not a member of the 'keep heads in the sand'. These are all areas where a rental deal has and can fall down and should be considered at the outset.

It was ACL who employed WS. Yet another gem from Tony.

chiefdave

Exactly, match day costs should be cleared up as to what is what so the club don't have to pay silly money for a cleaner per hour. It is a piece of piss to say I will offer free rent if I can just hide that money in matchday costs anyway.

Don't matchday costs equate to £250K per season, works out around 10K a game, or £1 per ticket depending how you want to look at it.

I seem to recall that was the basis for the £150K offer. TF rejected the £400K offer saying it would be acceptable but there were matchday costs on top and it was then dropped to £150K which, with the addition of matchday costs totalled £400K. Of course at that point TF changed his mind and decided it wasn't acceptable after all.

AndreasB

No way would the club ever entertain any sort of deal with mystery businessman (who we all know who it is) The offer was badly thought out, simply a stunt to put pressure on SISU and never a workable solution.

the 1987 35p bit is just a shit joke by someone with a very tenous grip on reality by the look of it.

fernandopartridge

Too many questions ahead and it seems that some on here are getting ahead of themselves. The first thing that needs to come of this is Sisu/Otium say that although it is not the most ideal offer but they are more than willing to talk about the finer details. People pissing all over the bonfire on here before it's even got anywhere is negative. This is not spin from 'either side' or Labovitch saying stuff that he cannot back up or show proof of, this is a forward step and it must be embraced for the future of our club.
Why didn't Kcic approach the club privately? Ask about the terms on which they would consider a return. Not make a public offer that looks good on the face of it but could never be accepted not even in principle.

Nick

Administrator
Don't matchday costs equate to £250K per season, works out around 10K a game, or £1 per ticket depending how you want to look at it.

I seem to recall that was the basis for the £150K offer. TF rejected the £400K offer saying it would be acceptable but there were matchday costs on top and it was then dropped to £150K which, with the addition of matchday costs totalled £400K. Of course at that point TF changed his mind and decided it wasn't acceptable after all.

Of course the costs should be covered but I think they should also be cleared up as there has been a lot of questions about the "matchday costs" and what they actually cover.

RegTheDonk

Does anyone think SISU are saying no because the JR decision hasn't yet been made? Would a negative or positive ruling for them have any bearing on their stance of selling up?

chiefdave

To me the best option is for SISU to say yes. It's a win win. If KCIC come through we are back at the Ricoh, more money is coming in and SISU have zero risk of losing out. If KCIC don't come through or ACL won't play ball then for the first time in a long time it won't be SISU who look like the bad guys and the fans can turn their focus elsewhere.

kg82

I don't know who the businessman is? Elliot? Also, is the businessman staying a mystery to just the public or to the club as well?

torchomatic

I wish I was a landlord and you lot were my tenants:

ADVERT:

Live in one of my new houses for a low rent with FREE gas^, broadband# and electricity*

^first £1 usage of gas per month is free
#first 500K of broadband usage per month is free
*first £1 of electricity usage per month is free

I look forward to Tony and Schmeee being my first tenants. They know a good deal when they see one.

Nick

Administrator
I wish I was a landlord and you lot were my tenants:

ADVERT:

Live in one of my new houses for a low rent with FREE gas^, broadband# and electricity*

^first £1 usage of gas per month is free
#first 500K of broadband usage per month is free
*first £1 of electricity usage per month is free

I look forward to Tony and Schmeee being my first tenants. They know a good deal when they see one.

And when they ask how much it will be after the free amount you just have a go at them rather than just answer?

Chipfat

Its just a gimmick

So let's go to NTFC pretend we can get promotion, pretend we can bring in decent players, pretend TF you will be back is going to happen and pretend the club is not dying in front of your very eyes.... I would prefer to pressure Sisu and the FL to give reasons for rejection of any deal that could bring the parties back for talks. You and all others that put doubt in any possible way forward may want to look ahead because with a sisu owned club at NTFC next season is the worst outcome and even TF, ML and JS know this.......Your club is dying and you are keen to pick holes in change,, if you spent more time picking holes in the owners tenure you may see the true problem....

Kingokings204

Anyway back to the football offer.

I don't see it being accepted unfortunately. Joy wants the land and the Ricoh. Anyone who thinks she cares about fans is crazy deluded.

It's for this reason I don't see why you would go to sixfields. Not so much supporting the lads as we all want to but more that the football club doesn't give a toss for you. It is mugging you off but they don't see it.

italiahorse

And when they ask how much it will be after the free amount you just have a go at them rather than just answer?

Surely it's up to Sisu to get their top man involved in getting into the detail of this deal?
Personally if I was them I would try and kill this dead by getting their propaganda machine on the case?

Oh hold on ................

The Gentleman

Which is the point of the questions.

But although you are asking them (nothing wrong in that), it is the club who should be straight out saying it is questions they should be asking. By just saying the club is not for sale and leaving it there shows that they do not have any interest in it and therefore no quick return to Coventry.

Imagine if Sisu had come straight out and said "ok, lets talk about it". It would have been a huge stride forward and at least it shows willing. They don't have to agree a deal but it gets the people talking rather than people on here guessing and second guessing and eventually going back to the same old argument.

With regard to doing it privately, Sisu's history on that ain't good so for me I am happy it is out in the open rather than all this closed off shit in the past that has lead to all this he said she said crap that is now being played out in court.

Users who are viewing this thread