Joy (1 Viewer)

higgs

Anyone left a little disappointed that we didn't get any goodbye from Joy when she sold up after all the years in charge I felt she had finally fallen in love with the club and fans. A goodbye and wishing us well would have been nice

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

higgs

A good bye message to us fans would have been nice after all these years feel a bit cheated with how it ended

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The fact that she said nothing says quite a lot about Joy. Couldn't care less about anyone but herself. It doesn't take much simply to acknowledge the staff, players and supporters, but clearly it does .

higgs

The fact that she said nothing says quite a lot about Joy. Couldn't care less about anyone but herself. It doesn't take much simply to acknowledge the staff, players and supporters, but clearly it does .
Yes an acknowledgement would have been nice after everything we went through some really dark time to wish us well in the future

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Anyone left a little disappointed that we didn't get any goodbye from Joy when she sold up after all the years in charge I felt she had finally fallen in love with the club and fans. A goodbye and wishing us well would have been nice

Please tell me you are fucking joking.
Fallen in love with the club? What planet are you on and stop taking drugs.

Astute

We were nothing but a vehicle to make her money. The prize was the arena. It totally backfired on her and us as we lost the arena.

She was never going to say the truth but wanted us on side as she needed our money. If she had fallen in love with us she wouldn't have taken us to Northampton and Birmingham.

The wicked witch is dead to me.

long way home

I bet she hasn't looked back once and to be honest i wouldn't want her to.

As for Fisher, he should never be allowed in any door at the club. He was a toxic man, full of empty words. He really had no respect for fans, club or the city, he would wear that stupid condescending look like a badge of honor. I know he will not be wishing us well and im sure the feeling is reciprocal by many of us.

The Philosopher

Personally I’d like to hear her side of the story.

What her initial plans were, where it went wrong, what had Ranson promised, were there other backers that backed out, the legal battles and why, why she appointed Ken, Onye, etc.??? What was the Storey story?

There’s loads of unanswered questions.

I don’t think she was out and out mean and vengeful, just misguided and out of her depth. Totally messed up the stadium opportunity.

There were some awful times but never boring.

I can’t imagine her doing a book though, she’s not the type. It’d be interesting though if anyone could ever get her to do a podcast.

I wonder if Leonard Brody ever got any of his investment back? Anyone know? Silly idea about texting subs but at least he seemed keen for a bit.

The Philosopher

I bet she hasn't looked back once and to be honest i wouldn't want her to.

As for Fisher, he should never be allowed in any door at the club. He was a toxic man, full of empty words. He really had no respect for fans, club or the city, he would wear that stupid condescending look like a badge of honor. I know he will not be wishing us well and im sure the feeling is reciprocal by many of us.
I bet she’s relieved it’s over. I think at the outset she thought Ray would be running the show. Legal battles take up huge amounts of time and those on top of running a loss making club would no doubt have taken her away from managing her hedge funds and such.

I wonder if she’ll kick herself if we sneak the Prem (but who knows what the Doug deal is).

I agree with you about Fisher. His fan engagement was woeful. Spivspeak is fine for board rooms but the way he was at fan forums just grated.

DownUnderDingo

I bet she’s relieved it’s over. I think at the outset she thought Ray would be running the show. Legal battles take up huge amounts of time and those on top of running a loss making club would no doubt have taken her away from managing her hedge funds and such.

I wonder if she’ll kick herself if we sneak the Prem (but who knows what the Doug deal is).

I agree with you about Fisher. His fan engagement was woeful. Spivspeak is fine for board rooms but the way he was at fan forums just grated.
Naive if you think Joy hasn't inserted a PL payment for when we get back to the promised land. A start would be knowing what Doug payed for us. Vik, Gus, Cal, Sheaf that's 40m there alone.

The Philosopher

Naive if you think Joy hasn't inserted a PL payment for when we get back to the promised land. A start would be knowing what Doug payed for us. Vik, Gus, Cal, Sheaf that's 40m there alone.
You might be right with the PL thing and I’d go along with that but for the way the “final 15%” thing unravelled.

I think a lot of us thought that SISU retaining 15% was a mechanism for PL pay out and it was all very chummy between King & Joy. King saying that it was hard to work without full ownership (or some such) suggests maybe things weren’t all that.

One of Joy’s long term book balancing aims (owning the stadium and revaluing) had just disappeared down a Mike Ashley shaped toilet when King came in.

Was it forced? Had one of Joy’s main creditors insisted that King handled the fund (or whatever) from now on? Was Joy forced out in effect?

These are things the nerdy side of me (and I guess others on here) would love to know.

The silence from Joy and her team almost hints that it wasn’t all roses.

There’s loads of books and podcasts out there about players “I nearly didn’t make it / bad transfer / row with manager / funny stories from dressing room / down and out after giving up football / happy now with supportive missus by my side” (which is all good and that) with a similar theme. The Joy story, £35m row with ex Gov minister, fighting council through courts, ruining a club, relegation, huge debts, Wembley, Storey, Ashley, King, so on so on must be fascinating

Reactions: vow

GaryPendrysEyes

Joy was an incompetent who surrounded herself by habitual liars who battered our club and city for over a decade. The darkest days in our history.
And yet a group on here actively and aggressively opposed any fan resistance and were shameful apologists for Sisu actions for years on end. They betrayed the club and city. Shame on them.

Nick

Administrator
Joy was an incompetent who surrounded herself by habitual liars who battered our club and city for over a decade. The darkest days in our history.
And yet a group on here actively and aggressively opposed any fan resistance and were shameful apologists for Sisu actions for years on end. They betrayed the club and city. Shame on them.
You don't half talk shit

Reactions: vow

The Philosopher

Agree with first bit.

The reality is it could have been worse: Bury comes to mind, if Joy had have just binned the aim of getting the club back into some kind of order and turned off the tap and ransomed the golden share or whatever.

I don’t think Tim’s idea of a statue is happening anytime soon (not least because Saddlebrains would violate it)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Sbs&l being struck off but clues as to what went with the sale and value can be found in the less than transparent 2022 financials.

Not convinced that sisu don't still have some investment. Does DK own all the shares in covcityco or is it a fund situation like Joy had.

I don't and won't miss her. Didnt she once issue a statement setting out the early years from her point of view and get interviewed on sky ? Everyone else's fault as I seem to remember and took no responsibility for any of it, except a bland statement of made mistakes but not what.

Less she says the better and the sooner we can all look forward not back. Whatever she says isn't going to change any opinions. As for her falling in love with the club..... please!! ... it was a business deal/investment nothing more.

It looks like they got their capital back (the actual cash debt not the constructed paper debt) but not a lot else, and not necessarily in cash. Like I say I do wonder if they are still in the background in some way

Best we move forward and let her become a bad memory

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

higgs

I thought when she wore that tight sky blue dress at Wembley that she had caught the sky blue bug but with how she just left us without a goodbye feels like we were dumped in the end

higgs

I’m sure there was a statement. Did you want an interview?
With your contacts Pete would Joy like to give us fans some feedback as her time as owner of our club a statement now that she's no longer the owner?

Sky Blue Pete

With your contacts Pete would Joy like to give us fans some feedback as her time as owner of our club a statement now that she's no longer the owner?

Doubt it. I’m sure she’ll give to mmjs fund. Most things in life aren’t as black and white as most people make out

higgs

Doubt it. I’m sure she’ll give to mmjs fund. Most things in life aren’t as black and white as most people make out
Just wondering if she knew some of the fans would like a parting message from her would she maybe

Users who are viewing this thread