Jordan Turnbull (1 Viewer)

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Don't go to games these days as I live 150 miles from Coventry and I'm not a sadomasochist (I did have a season ticket for nearly 25 years) but from following games from TV highlights and reading reports, this guy appears to be responsible for the majority of goals we concede. He appears to be an absolute walking disaster. Am I correct? And yet he came here having got good reviews from Southampton fans. He'll probably leave and play well for whoever he goes to next. What is it with this bloody club and the reverse Midas effect?

Hobo

Midfield are letting it pour through though, aren't they.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Honestly, the whole defence isn't good enough. Every single player that has played at the back this season isn't strong enough in my opinion.

Gaz

I'm sure he got player of the season at Swindon once didn't he?

I'm still surprised we didn't keep another ex saints defender in Arron Martin

Gaz71

Should have kept Arron Martin and Reda Johnson, Johnson has played every game for Eastleigh this season scoring 3 goals.

stupot07

Should have kept Arron Martin and Reda Johnson, Johnson has played every game for Eastleigh this season scoring 3 goals.
Should have kept Martin but were right to let Reda go. Hes stayed fit this season, but is he having to train every day like he would need to here? (I have no idea). Also big difference in quality facing non league teams than league one teams week in week out. And He's not been picked for his country since playing non league. We did offer him a 6 month deal, which was sensible. He chose to drop down 2 leagues. Alsp I'm sure hes missed a few games this season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gaz71

Should have kept Martin but were right to let Reda go. Hes stayed fit this season, but is he having to train every day like he would need to here? (I have no idea). Also big difference in quality facing non league teams than league one teams week in week out.

Have to disagree, we were told that Reda's problem was he was injury prone, even Mowbray said he didn't need to train as much as the others to protect and prolong him on match days, he's exactly what we are missing at the moment, experience, a big physical presence and scorer of the odd goal.

stupot07

Have to disagree, we were told that Reda's problem was he was injury prone, even Mowbray said he didn't need to train as much as the others to protect and prolong him on match days, he's exactly what we are missing at the moment, experience, a big physical presence and scorer of the odd goal.
Hes played just 14 of Eastleighs 24 league games according to soccerbase so he's missed a fair chunk this season.

He managed to play just 32 of the 92 league games here. Yes, when fit he was quality but IMO his body jisy doesn't stand up to the rigors of league one football. As much as you can point for finger at mowbray for letting him go, no other league club took a punt on him.

Time to move on, hes gone now.

Gaz71

Hes played just 14 of Eastleighs 24 league games according to soccerbase so he's missed a fair chunk this season.

He managed to play just 32 of the 92 league games here. Yes, when fit he was quality but IMO his body jisy doesn't stand up to the rigors of league one football. As much as you can point for finger at mowbray for letting him go, no other league club took a punt on him.

Time to move on, hes gone now.

A lot comes down to keeping fit and I certainly agree Reda had problems with that but feel a fit Reda would be a benefit to any team in this league, look at the other defender mentioned Aaron Martin at Oxford, he's only played 4/5 league games this season due to injury.

Hobo

It's not an unfit Reda, but a Reda that is unfit. His head isn't in the right place to me. Also he may have had a swashbuckling style, but that hid many basic faults, especially positional awareness in defence.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

The guy needs a rest as do some others in the team but with injuries and lack of decent squad players he has had to play through a bad patch .This is running to tight a ship (Penny pinching) and don't think a crock like Reda or Aaron Martin would have done any better with the lack of quality around them.

eastwoodsdustman

Tobe fair to Turnbull, I reckon the best centre half in the world would look dodgy alongside Page. Page was at fault for 3 of the goals today. Not sure who conceded the free kick for the first but if it was him then having a hand in all 4 conceded is a pretty good showing by anyones standards.

Irish Sky Blue

Tobe fair to Turnbull, I reckon the best centre half in the world would look dodgy alongside Page. Page was at fault for 3 of the goals today. Not sure who conceded the free kick for the first but if it was him then having a hand in all 4 conceded is a pretty good showing by anyones standards.
I listened on the radio today. I think it was Page that gave away the free kick that lead to the first goal. I don't think we should keep him when his loan ends, Unless there is fast improvement I can't see him making it in the top 2 leagues.

eastwoodsdustman

I listened on the radio today. I think it was Page that gave away the free kick that lead to the first goal. I don't think we should keep him when his loan ends, Unless there is fast improvement I can't see him making it in the top 2 leagues.

He's had 3 maybe 4 games at best where he's looked ok. Other than that then no way should he be here. How can he be selected again after todays performance. I know this has gone off on a tangent a bit but Turnbull is being made to look bad because of Pages ineptitude.

Users who are viewing this thread