John Eustace (1 Viewer)

Skybluenutterman

Released by Derby today. Great first signing for TM and captain potential for next year. The beginning of the spine of the team?

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

I wonder if they could get him to manage the under 21's as well so we could save the money we are wasting on Hockaday and it gives him his first steps in to management if that's a route he wants to take.

skybluebeduff

Eustace only played for Derby 13 times last season, managing 1059 minutes in that time, and they certainly benefited from his influence. Derby only lost one game in which Eustace appeared in, that being a 2-1 loss to Wigan in which Eustace scored. Of his 13 games derby won eight, His defensive work is evident when you consider that Derby only conceded once in Eustace’s last eight games, winning six of those games.

Well I'm sold, sign him up!

http://the72.co.uk/27094/why-re-signing-john-eustace-should-be-a-priority-for-derby/

SBS

I wonder if they could get him to manage the under 21's as well so we could save the money we are wasting on Hockaday and it gives him his first steps in to management if that's a route he wants to take.

Can I ask you why you think we're wasting money on Hockaday?

Hobo

He might be a good addition and wouldn't eat up much of the budget.

Terry Gibson's perm

Can I ask you why you think we're wasting money on Hockaday?

The under 21's is a bit of a whatever is left group I don't think it is a full time job, as a club money should be invested on the pitch, if not a senior player get an Oggy type to run it.

matesx

he's 35 but a wealth of experience

400 league games (50 or so in PL)

surround him with younger energetic players and he could be a general

stupot07

I'd be tempted. Think we should limited it to 2 old heads in the squad, but he's the sort of old head we should be bringing in, vastly experienced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

LJC_CCFC

Was a starter early in the season for Derby, but he got injured and has since had 2 knee operations. On the one hand he could definitely perform in League 1, but on the other the probability of him getting injured is high, especially at 35.

cloughie

Can we just leave it to Mowbray who we should he sign, as let's face it if fans picked the team signings

well ...........we would all have egg on our faces at one time or another

stupot07

Can we just leave it to Mowbray who we should he sign, as let's face it if fans picked the team signings

You fun sponge, It's a welcomed distraction from the bickering about the Ricoh, wasps, etc

Perhaps Nick should close the site down until August.... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Terry Gibson's perm

Colin Doyle released by Birmingham.

When you look there are a lot of players being released and most of them are in for a real shock when it comes to getting new clubs and their new salaries, players like Roger Johnson may have to take a small cut in his 30k+ per week wage:eek:.

skybluedan

Would love to have a fit playing Week in week out John eustace but with his injuries and what not be a gamble , don't no what his wages would be but shame really be a good captain as well, as someone said pay as you go

stevefloyd

Ahh because the 1st 2 yards are in your head... i had the first 50 yards in my head but my body wouldnt reciprocate

Skybluenutterman

I'm living in the Derby area now and apparently he's openly said he would like to finish his career at Coventry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phildownunder

Only played 13 times last season and bad recent record of injuries ?

It would be great if he and Reda could synchronise their games missed over injury, then we would have cover for most of the season (maybe). But it doesn`t quite work that way does it :thinking about:

mrtrench

I seem to recall he had knee issues when he played for us, so not really a surprise that he still does. Or am I imagining it?

stupot07

Only played 13 times last season and bad recent record of injuries ?

It would be great if he and Reda could synchronise their games missed over injury, then we would have cover for most of the season (maybe). But it doesn`t quite work that way does it :thinking about:

Yep having a look he didn't play since Jan. it seems he was more bit part player as was an unused sub 11 times. But you're right we can't afford to sign people to sit on the treatment table.

CovLis86

Probably just had the year which makes his body passed it sadly. But a cclever role to have him come in as a coach available to play when fit would be perfect.

ajsccfc

Mowbray's probably not basing his transfer targets on threads created here so I think we're ok.

jimmyhillsfanclub

No thanks.....way to old & crocked....

...besides, I've still haven't forgiven him being one of the chief bottlers that costs Roland his job....

torchomatic

Ah, memories. Remember when he was called John Useless?

Users who are viewing this thread