Jimmy Hill Way (2 Viewers)

Johnnythespider

Not everyone is happy:

Kevin Maguire from the Mirror on Twitter:
Jimmy Hill led a sanction-busting rebel tour to apartheid South Africa when Mandela was in jail. Coventry shouldn't name a road after him

and this when he died:

RIP Jimmy Hill though I remember his rebel tour to apartheid South Africa & the 1977 Coventry fix that relegated Sunderland
Let him whine, I don't imagine there will ever be a Kevin Maguire way anywhere

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

skybluebeduff

Can you really not see the telegraph whipping up fans anger? When was the last time the club mentioned legal action for example, yet it is in every other article on the telegraph site..

It is article after article being fired out one after the other isn't it?
They're trying to get the owners to start communicating with the people who keep the club floating with their money, the fans.

How can anybody see a problem with that?

The club knew in August that it was happening.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
And when the club do (if they do) release a statement, it will be no doubt written by Laura, who no doubt will have to google who Jimmy Hill was... summing the clubs hierarchy up to a tee.

I guess that is as opposed to the Brummie editor of the telegraph who I dont think supports CCFC right?

How much coverage has the Jimmy Hill Legacy stuff got, out of interest? If it is all about the clubs history etc.

Nick

Administrator
They're trying to get the owners to start communicating with the people who keep the club floating with their money, the fans.

How can anybody see a problem with that?

And you can't see a problem with how they are going about it then?

Gosford Green

Can you really not see the telegraph whipping up fans anger? When was the last time the club mentioned legal action for example, yet it is in every other article on the telegraph site..

It is article after article being fired out one after the other isn't it?

I have an idea. SISU drop the legal action, that will remove the obstacles (or excuse) that is preventing talks to save the future of our club. Quick someone tell Joy.

Nick

Administrator
Oh and for the record, the club should make a statement about it.

Just don't see why whipping up anger just after the news comes out helps anything at all, as it just makes it look like it is being used for ammo.

skybluebeduff

Oh and for the record, the club should make a statement about it.

Just don't see why whipping up anger just after the news comes out helps anything at all, as it just makes it look like it is being used for ammo.
Edited previous post, the club knew in August that Jimmy Hill was getting a road named after him... maybe even before that.

Nick

Administrator
Edited previous post, the club knew in August that Jimmy Hill was getting a road named after him... maybe even before that.

Makes you wonder why it was in the telegraph yesterday then doesn't it? Then straight away stirring it up about no reply.

Like I have said, the club, the jimmy hill legacy people and maybe even former players association should all mention it! I just dont see the point in getting everybody worked up straight away, it just makes it look like it is being used as ammo.

covmark

I have an idea. SISU drop the legal action, that will remove the obstacles (or excuse) that is preventing talks to save the future of our club. Quick someone tell Joy.
As someone has already said. Can you please fuck off to one of the millions of other threads arguing about the same shit.

This is brilliant news for once. Well done to all involved.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

skybluebeduff

Makes you wonder why it was in the telegraph yesterday then doesn't it? Then straight away stirring it up about no reply.
What's to gain from stirring it up? Isn't it the truth?
Would be even worse if they don't respond after being called outby the CET.

chiefdave

No, I can see everybody whipped up into anger so article after article can be fired out.
The timing of that all seems very convenient. I really hope the council and CT aren't using JH to score points against SISU.

CT announce campaign to get our owners to leave. Club ban CT. CCC announce they are naming a road after JH. CT ask club for comment and make a big deal when they don't.

Lets face it who needs a comment on this from Fisher, why not go to the former players association and get a comment from someone more suitable.

Its not like the club have snubbed it and not turned up to the naming ceremony or something like that. They've just not given a comment on request to the CT. Strangely there wasn't this outrage when the CT failed to cover the official launch of the JH legacy fund.

Nick

Administrator
What's to gain from stirring it up? Isn't it the truth?

What's to gain? Is that a serious question?

Like I said, a statement should be made but not all getting worked up it isnt straight away. If people knew in August it just makes it look like ammo in their media assault to be honest.

It is just a shame when I asked the telegraph about pushing the jimmy hill legacy fund I got the answer that they had covered it and it was played down :(

skyblue1991

Listen to what the other posters are saying you stupid simple man.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I think the club have said they will be making a statement and I guess the telegraph will be the reason, right?

skybluebeduff

What's to gain? Is that a serious question?

Like I said, a statement should be made but not all getting worked up it isnt straight away. If people knew in August it just makes it look like ammo in their media assault to be honest.

It is just a shame when I asked the telegraph about pushing the jimmy hill legacy fund I got the answer that they had covered it and it was played down :(
It was a serious question, you seem to be the only person who thinks there is a conspiracy going on.

ajsccfc

I like the idea of the statue being on a roundabout. I'd have it on the one on Binley Road so you've got him at the start of the road and the Ricoh at practically the end.

Sky Blue Kid

Like I have said, the club, the jimmy hill legacy people and maybe even former players association should all mention it! I just dont see the point in getting everybody worked up straight away, it just makes it look like it is being used as ammo.

Once again in another thread, do I ask you,.... Which part of the previous post don't you understand when said SISU knew at least in August and possibly before that about the naming of the road yet didn't respond to it?" Wtf! Well done CET is what I say.

Nick

Administrator
Once again in another thread, do I ask you,.... Which part of the previous post don't you understand when said SISU knew at least in August and possibly before that about the naming of the road yet didn't respond to it?" Wtf! Well done CET is what I say.

So if everybody knew a month ago, why was it in the telegraph yesterday??

Sky Blue Kid

So if everybody knew a month ago, why was it in the telegraph yesterday??

You never thought to ask yourself why SISU never said anything? Total disrespect of their Football Club's Legend. Yet once again you go on the defensive for SISU... You sure you've got nothing to do with them???

Gosford Green

As someone has already said. Can you please fuck off to one of the millions of other threads arguing about the same shit.

This is brilliant news for once. Well done to all involved.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

As it is 24 hours since the announcement i can not see any other threads about Jimmy Hill Way to fuck off to.

If it is calling our owners a bunch of cunts then yes it may have been said before once or twice.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Dal

I like the idea of the statue being on a roundabout. I'd have it on the one on Binley Road so you've got him at the start of the road and the Ricoh at practically the end.

No way .. leave it where it is.. When we get our shiney new stadium we move it there..... Tic..Toc..Tic..Toc ... Ok I get me coat.;)

ccfcway

i'll be honest, i'm a little disappointed.

I thought the "Martin Booty Boulevard" had a better ring to it

Users who are viewing this thread