Kilclines curly mullet

Feb 15, 2015
Released by Chelsea.

Does that make him more affordable (if we are actually in for him) or is a fee still payable as he is under 24 ?

1ccfc

May 2, 2010
That said, the player often expects a larger signing on fee and higher wages. I suppose you could argue that the larger wages are almost like financing a transfer over the duration of the contract.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Jun 5, 2020
That said, the player often expects a larger signing on fee and higher wages. I suppose you could argue that the larger wages are almost like financing a transfer over the duration of the contract.
Paying 10 grand a week equates to £520,000 over a year and if its 20 grand a week £1,040,000 over a year, ridiculous that

Frostie

Jan 31, 2011
Between us & Sheffield United from what I have heard. Almost guaranteed a start with us & obviously is familiar with the team, staff & style of play but Sheff Utd will undoubtedly throw more £ at him. Fingers crossed.

fatso

Jun 19, 2017
I think I could have a nice little life for 30k a week
Its a crazy fucked up world when a young man is "earning" £30k a week just for kicking a bag of wind about for 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon in what is not even the top league, while a pensioner who's worked and contributed all their life, is expected to get buy on less than £10k per year.

Sorry for the rant, but it boils my piss,
What with agents creaming huge sums of money out of the game, unscrupulous owners bankrupting clubs, and families getting ripped off for tickets and children's kits etc etc. The whole game needs a total re-set imho.

Last edited:

Bad Boy

Apr 13, 2012
Its a crazy fucked up world when a young man is "earning" £30k a week just for kicking a bag of wind about for 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon in what is not even the top league, while a pensioner who's worked and contributed all their life, is expected to get buy on less than £10k per year.

What with agents creaming huge sums of money out of the game, unscrupulous owners bankrupting clubs, and families getting ripped off for tickets and children's kits etc etc. The whole game needs a total re-set imho.
£9982.44 pa in my case.
Thank goodness I've got a private pension because I'd be........ well, I can only speculate.
My heart goes out to those that are less fortunate than me, trying to make ends meets must be a constant struggle and worry.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
£9982.44 pa in my case.
Thank goodness I've got a private pension because I'd be........ well, I can only speculate.
My heart goes out to those that are less fortunate than me, trying to make ends meets must be a constant struggle and worry.

Yet according to some on here pensioners are the wealthiest people in the country

stevefloyd

Jan 16, 2013
Pensioners state pension is something like £680 a month... I see the minimum wage doesn't apply to the ones that have grafted all their lives for the wankers in charge of the country to spunk it away with parties backhanders and the likes

fatso

Jun 19, 2017
Pen
Pensioners state pension is something like £680 a month... I see the minimum wage doesn't apply to the ones that have grafted all their lives for the wankers in charge of the country to spunk it away with parties backhanders and the likes
The Tory Party are a political party, if you vote for a party, you can hardly complain when they have a party! 😉

On a slightly more serious note, pensioners get shafted whoever is in government. I'm surprised they havnt made more of their plight. I think Boris won many of them over with the promis of the triple lock, but we all know what happened to that.

Bad Boy

Apr 13, 2012
Like I said, I'm lucky I have a private pension along with my state pension which adds up to a reasonable income per month/annum but it doesn't allow for lots of holidays and huge treats for children and grandchildren. I'm fast approaching 70 years of age and the prospect of going back to work to make ends meet would fill me with dread.
I don't envy those that have the ability to earn 'big money' as footballers or any other chosen profession but what I would say is, if you're lucky to reach retirement age make sure you've made sufficient provision during your working life to ensure a reasonable standard of living in your autumn years

Samo

Jul 6, 2012
Like I said, I'm lucky I have a private pension along with my state pension which adds up to a reasonable income per month/annum but it doesn't allow for lots of holidays and huge treats for children and grandchildren. I'm fast approaching 70 years of age and the prospect of going back to work to make ends meet would fill me with dread.
I don't envy those that have the ability to earn 'big money' as footballers or any other chosen profession but what I would say is, if you're lucky to reach retirement age make sure you've made sufficient provision during your working life to ensure a reasonable standard of living in your autumn years

Very nice, so who are we signing?

• Haha
Reactions: Bad Boy

Hoofhearted

Aug 20, 2019
Jeeez Fadz your not even that old, sign the contract and play on for a few more seasons 🤭

Alkhen

Jul 23, 2012
Gloucestershire

Yeah it seems rough but the earning career is short. You'd be lucky to have 10 yrs earning anything near that. Those sort of figures are really only the top 40 or so club sides in the UK and as the industry makes the money it would be pretty fucked up if the people actually providing the entertainment on the field didn't get a fair share of the profits. Jimmy Hill kicked that off, players used to get ripped off and left unemployed with all sorts of horrible health issues.

Also they generate plenty of income tax. There are plenty of worse cases outside of elite sport

Reactions: Bernie Rhodes Nose

Terry_dactyl

Sep 26, 2017

Probably doesn’t change anything but I thought Mata’s comments in this article were refreshing…

Reactions: RegiswasGod

Terry Gibson's perm

Mar 17, 2014
Nuneaton
Probably doesn’t change anything but I thought Mata’s comments in this article were refreshing…

Mad when you look at Grant 30k a week for nothing really.

I think United were paying over 600k per week on wages for keepers alone not that long ago.

Terry_dactyl

Sep 26, 2017
Mad when you look at Grant 30k a week for nothing really.

I think United were paying over 600k per week on wages for keepers alone not that long ago.
Yeah…I agree, the Grant contract is possibly the most shocking. There for 4 years, didn’t play a game (thanks wiki), £4million later…makes no sense.
I wonder if he’d had a contract that size before signing for them, at the age of 35?

fatso

Jun 19, 2017

Absolutely insane! Why is this not a national scandal?

Alkhen

Jul 23, 2012
Gloucestershire
The likes of Grant at United, Carson at Man City and now Forster at Spurs are odd ones. A lot of money for no game time but I guess the thinking is having an aging but good Goalkeeper around in helps a lot in training the Forwards. Also their experience would help young keepers. Then having a decent 3rd choice for an emergency. Probably makes sense financialy for the massive teams

Users who are viewing this thread