January . (1 Viewer)

Otis

It makes the decision to let Martin and Phillips (for all his faults) go. Martin is better a bettee player and mkre experienced than Turnbull, and there is little difference in quality between Sterry and Phillips.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
And Phillips is stronger than Kelly-Evans, who I do like, but find far too slight and obviously lacking in physicality and height. Phillips wasn't any tree trunk, but Kelly-Evans unfortunately just appears too small for that position.

I can't see any improvement in Turnbull from Martin.

Pipehitterz

Ha. No where near.Been out all season, not anywhere near match fit and out of contract in the summer. if we got £500k for him i'd be surprised. More than likely he will wind his contract own and end somewhere like Rotherham
Didn't realise he was out of contract when written.
Would be worth 2 mil if he had another year after this one, which I thought he had.
I would expect 300,000 Tops now.
Just enough for the new manager

Esoterica

Didn't realise he was out of contract when written.
Would be worth 2 mil if he had another year after this one, which I thought he had.
I would expect 300,000 Tops now.
Just enough for the new manager
I agree with most of what you say on the football side MrPipes but 25 yr old left backs with one full season in League 1 don't go for 2 mill. We only got 3 mill for a lightning quick young striker who was the top scorer in the division. I'd have said 400k tops and zero given his current contract status.

rupert_bear

I don't think we have anyone currently who could command. Million plus fee, Stephenson has the potential too but needs another full season under his belt, Stokes would command a fee but nowhere near a million. Do will to get a quarter of that, think his contract might be up in May that don't help

Esoterica

That said I would be pretty pissed off if Stokes ran his contract down and left. He was plucked out of FGR reserves and was extremely out of condition for league 1 before being influential last year. Would hope he felt he owed us more than 1 season.

dongonzalos

New Goalkeeper Burge as back up.
RB Sterry and DKE
LB Haynes and Stokes as a back up
CB Stokes Turnball Willis and new signing
New CM plus Bigi, Stephenson and Rose.
Attackers Jones and Reid
3 new loanees
Everyone else I would encourage to go elsewhere and our youngsters I would get out on loan including RCC.

6 signings for me and we may stay up!!!

That comes 18 then those who we couldn't move on will make up the squad.

olderskyblue

I think people are getting their hopes up about January. At best some of the loan players will move out and some will move in. Can't see the number of changes we need to make happening.

Agree with this. Mcann goes back anyway, his wage will be used on another loan. Stevenson may be sold. That'll be it probably

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

And Phillips is stronger than Kelly-Evans, who I do like, but find far too slight and obviously lacking in physicality and height. Phillips wasn't any tree trunk, but Kelly-Evans unfortunately just appears too small for that position.

I can't see any improvement in Turnbull from Martin.

I really don’t know what TM saw in Turnbull that made him think ‘yeah, this guy’s worth a fee and a 3 year deal’. Him and Willis are getting badly found out as the weeks go by. I’d go as far as to say they are becoming the weakest CB pairing we’ve had since relegation to League 1.

st john

About the time TM left I posted on here that I thought the best we could hope for was to stay in touch with the other 23 clubs and hope that there is some budget left so we can finish the recruitment that was so badly fooked up over the summer. Personally am not too downbeat at the moment because courtesy of the 13 points we got from MVs first 6 games in charge we are not yet doomed to relegation. No matter who is in charge they can't do much until January anyway so maybe, just maybe, we are taking our time to find the right man to replace MV, who, lets face it, had an excellent start based on points gained, and rightly was given a chance to prove he could do the job permanently
It's nice to be right for a change. I'm confident this appointment means we have money to spend in January, why else would RS agree to come here?

covcity4life

New Goalkeeper Burge as back up.
RB Sterry and DKE
LB Haynes and Stokes as a back up
CB Stokes Turnball Willis and new signing
New CM plus Bigi, Stephenson and Rose.
Attackers Jones and Reid
3 new loanees
Everyone else I would encourage to go elsewhere and our youngsters I would get out on loan including RCC.

6 signings for me and we may stay up!!!

That comes 18 then those who we couldn't move on will make up the squad.

rcc is better than burge

never heard of this stephenson

rupert_bear

It's nice to be right for a change. I'm confident this appointment means we have money to spend in January, why else would RS agree to come here?
Don't know about money to spend but hopefully more in the budget to attract better freebies to our club.

Captain Dart

Well who knows what is happening, it is possible a player will be sold, isn't that what Fisher said. One hopes Slade knows the score.

Users who are viewing this thread