January Transfer Window (3 Viewers)

rexo87

Stoke just signed Josh Maja. Wasnt expecging us to do anything like that but crazy how we cant spend a couple of thousand a week on a loan while they can spend about 20k a week on one..

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Stoke just signed Josh Maja. Wasnt expecging us to do anything like that but crazy how we cant spend a couple of thousand a week on a loan while they can spend about 20k a week on one..

He's not great though is he ?

clint van damme

Last 4 years says otherwise

The last 4 years are irrelevant.
This is as good as it gets under them.
The club is now as valuable as it is likely it ever will be under their stewardship.
I still think we'll finish 8th -12th this season.
After that, every place we drop,every year that we eat into the 10 year rental agreement the value diminishes.

Why are they staying around?

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

The last 4 years are irrelevant.
This is as good as it gets under them.
The club is now as valuable as it is likely it ever will be under their stewardship.
I still think we'll finish 8th -12th this season.
After that, every place we drop,every year that we eat into the 10 year rental agreement the value diminishes.

Why are they staying around?
Also , the last 4 years have only been us reversing the damage sisu have done - and it has been the work of robins - not sisu

Tea & Busquets

Walsh off to Ull

Replacement for Matt Smith who's signed for MK Dons as replacement for Matt O'Riley. Hull having a decent window to start off their time with their new Turkish owners. They've signed my countryman Allahyar Sayyadmanesh on loan from Fenerbahce, who's had a great spell on loan at Ukranian club Zorya Lugnansk.

better days

Bournemouth have made 6 senior signings this window...4 of which on deadline day! Relatively big name signings as well...they look to even be making a 7th in Todd Cantwell!
Bringing in that many new players mid season is often disruptive to a squad
Bring in one or two good players and the other 9 starters are happy to welcome them in
6 or 7 can unsettle the team spirit with almost everyone fearing for their place
Will be interesting to see how it develops

CDK

You'd hope we bring somebody in given that the squad is now smaller in number than it was at the end of the August transfer window.

Granted Bidwell has come in on higher wages but it's still a loss of bodies and ultimately depth.
Loss of body's none of them have been close to the first team.

skyblue1991

Remember when we won League 1 a lot of panic because Oxford signed four players. Would have liked an attacking midfielder but wholesale changes never work.
Another player on top of the one player we've acquire this window is not wholesale

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Esoterica

I think next season is going to be a long hard slog unfortunately, think we've hit the ceiling and we're going to bounce down hard. Can see crowds being well down on this year as both the Championship and CBS/live football novelty wears off, which will mean our already small budget is even smaller. Also think our youth system needs significant investment (which won't happen) to be in a position to be bringing Championship quality youngsters through. Think it's going to be tough.

oldfiver

If SISU sold us, they then have to find another vehicle to dump profits (in the form of loans) with which to avoid tax on the profits in their other investments. They may as well stick with the one they have.

How do profits convert to loans and become a tax avoidance?

Interesting!
It doesn't work like that, their loans are ultimately from entities domiciled in tax havens, it isn't offsetting any profits anywhere

Not necessarily tax havens - just not the UK

Also there is no logic to losing £100 to save £19

shmmeee

How do profits convert to loans and become a tax avoidance?

Interesting!

Not necessarily tax havens - just not the UK

Also there is no logic to losing £100 to save £19

Why are they here? Why not sell if we’re such a burden?

PVA

It's not crazy at all. Stoke are owned by one of the richest people in the country.

The guy that assisted Boro's goal at the weekend is on 40k/week.

If people stop comparing us to clubs in a totally different financial league to us they might get a bit of perspective and realise we're actually doing pretty well.

Greggs

and we'd still beat them. spending money to appease frothing fans isn't a good business model.

Great_Expectations

I share the disappointment of not bringing in one more, especially an attack minded player, but it’s definitely not worth losing heads over.

This is the same squad that performed so well at the start of the season, and got the justified results. We’ve actually added two since then in Kane and Bidwell.

Don’t agree with the talk of this being our best opportunity to make play off. Why is it? Who’s got the crystal ball.

A chunk of the forum thought we’d be in a relegation battles. Half wanted the Sheaf signing cancelled. Lots thought Bright was a saviour returned. We know nothing as fans.

Let’s hope for a good back end to the season.

Ccfcisparks

Do these fucking idiots in charge not learn? We got relegated last time from the championship because they refused to invest and let us tread water before falling through the trap door. Now we have been down to complete rock bottom and by a miracle are back where we started, and they are making the same mistakes all over again.

stay_up_skyblues

I think next season is going to be a long hard slog unfortunately, think we've hit the ceiling and we're going to bounce down hard. Can see crowds being well down on this year as both the Championship and CBS/live football novelty wears off, which will mean our already small budget is even smaller. Also think our youth system needs significant investment (which won't happen) to be in a position to be bringing Championship quality youngsters through. Think it's going to be tough.

That’s an almighty negative leap. Disappointing we haven’t brought anyone else in but blimey. We’re upper mid table flirting with playoffs , have two striker in the top 10 scorers in the division and have played really well four games running.

The one signing we have made is championship quality and improves the first team. Our talented younger players will be a year further in their development and the management team have dramatically improved year on year.

Course we could struggle next season but there is no precedent under the current coaching set up to suggest we will.

Greggs

Do these fucking idiots in charge not learn? We got relegated last time from the championship because they refused to invest and let us tread water before falling through the trap door. Now we have been down to complete rock bottom and by a miracle are back where we started, and they are making the same mistakes all over again.
you want to learn some interesting owl facts to help you calm down?

Users who are viewing this thread