January Transfer Window (3 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

How can anyone be satisfied with SISU, seeing all the teams around us strengthen significantly in this window and we need to ship out 8 players to bring in a LB?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not satisfied, that much is clear but... not sure shipping out Hilssner, Rowe, Jobello and co. is particularly weakening us, or saving us much in the way of cash!

shmmeee

Budget was set in May and since then we’ve sold a record number of season tickets and beaten our predicted attendances as well as selling any number of our thousand first team shirts and signing new sponsorship deals.

We don’t need a magic money tree, we need to be allowed to spend the money we generate.

What’s the sales pitch for a ST next year? Gotta buy one to support the interest payments because it isn’t going into the playing squad.

Before someone brings up Derby or Reading we’re not talking dropping a £20m transfer kitty. 1 loan to the end of the season in a position we’re crying out for help in would be something after moving on 6 players.

Exactly this. There’s no fat left to trim really. Maybe Jones (who can’t be on much), maybe Shipley (also won’t be on loads as an academy player on a L1 contract). Maybe one or both of Allen and Kelly, both of which just got new contracts and one of which is currently in the starting XI and the other is injured.

Senior squad is:

Moore/Wilson
Kane/Dabo
Maatsen/Bidwell
Hyam/Rose
Fadz/??
JCS/??
Hamer/Allen
Sheaf/Kelly
O’Hare/Jones
Györkeres/Godden
Waghorn/??

That’s basically a match day squad when everyone’s fit. Two injuries and you’re down to kids. And we’ve currently got 4 and another 3-4 with match fitness issues.

Realistically if we’re to continue our progress we need 5/6 players in the summer. Have we even got the budget for that? If then, why not now? If not then, when?

SleepyGinger

Exactly this. There’s no fat left to trim really. Maybe Jones (who can’t be on much), maybe Shipley (also won’t be on loads as an academy player on a L1 contract). Maybe one or both of Allen and Kelly, both of which just got new contracts and one of which is currently in the starting XI and the other is injured.

Senior squad is:

Moore/Wilson
Kane/Dabo
Maatsen/Bidwell
Hyam/Rose
Fadz/??
JCS/??
Hamer/Allen
Sheaf/Kelly
O’Hare/Jones
Györkeres/Godden
Waghorn/??

That’s basically a match day squad when everyone’s fit. Two injuries and you’re down to kids. And we’ve currently got 4 and another 3-4 with match fitness issues.

Realistically if we’re to continue our progress we need 5/6 players in the summer. Have we even got the budget for that? If then, why not now? If not then, when?
I disagree I think going into next season the squad is in a healthy position. We would need some depth in areas but hardly a rebuilding job in the summer.

SBT

Budget was set in May and since then we’ve sold a record number of season tickets and beaten our predicted attendances as well as selling any number of our thousand first team shirts and signing new sponsorship deals.

Naughty naughty, someone hasn't been taking those massive "unforeseen costs" into account

gspotgaz

I’m in disbelief we aren’t signing another attacker … that could honestly be the difference for us to scrape into playoffs …

shmmeee

I disagree I think going into next season the squad is in a healthy position. We would need some depth in areas but hardly a rebuilding job in the summer.

5-6 players isn’t rebuilding, it’s replacing loans and adding backup. Assuming Walker leaves and Jones doesn’t turn into Messi, we need a ST and an AM just to be back where we started. Fadz being the age he is means another CB is likely needed.

That’s 5 players to maintain us. Personally I’d like backup for Hamer as well.

SSB

5-6 players isn’t rebuilding, it’s replacing loans and adding backup. Assuming Walker leaves and Jones doesn’t turn into Messi, we need a ST and an AM just to be back where we started. Fadz being the age he is means another CB is likely needed.

That’s 5 players to maintain us. Personally I’d like backup for Hamer as well.

We may need a replacement for Hamer first.

Users who are viewing this thread