January Transfer Window - Who do we want? (1 Viewer)

ccfchoi87

Seems like we are only after one (which seems like a done deal) and possible another.

What position are we targeting and what names would you be looking at?

Hoofhearted

I think we could do with a Plan B centre forward, same sort of height as Baka but with the ability to actually win something in the air!!! Someone like Michael Smith of Rotherham, Joe Piggot of Wimbledon or Armand Gnanduilliet of Blackpool.
Also we need a tricky winger in my humble opinion, possibly Randell Williams from Exeter who is good mates with Brandon Mason from there Watford days together.
Or possibly enquire about Verlinden who's on loan at Bolton from Stoke till January.

ccfchoi87

I think we could do with a Plan B centre forward, same sort of height as Baka but with the ability to actually win something in the air!!! Someone like Michael Smith of Rotherham, Joe Piggot of Wimbledon or Armand Gnanduilliet of Blackpool.
Also we need a tricky winger in my humble opinion, possibly Randell Williams from Exeter who is good mates with Brandon Mason from there Watford days together.
Or possibly enquire about Verlinden who's on loan at Bolton from Stoke till January.

Fully agree with this. Although if Hiwula leaves, a winger may be pointless. I suspect Baka or Biamou will be leaving.

shmmeee

Keep Walsh, bring in someone with pace to play in the wide midfield role on the left.

Somerset Sky Blue

Keep Walsh, bring in someone with pace to play in the wide midfield role on the left.
I've got friends who are season ticket holders at Bristol - don't seem to think Walsh would get in squad (guess that's why he is on loan), so whilst they have a recall, not sure they will use it, as he is getting games/development and guess we are contributing towards his wages.

SlowerThanPlatt

Mark Robins has revised his plans for Coventry City in the January transfer window.

The Sky Blues boss previously revealed he was planning to dip into the loan market when the mid-term window opens for business on Wednesday, with a target lined up and ready to “press the button” on.

But a combination of circumstances - cash flow and the quality he has closer to home - has resulted in a change in thinking.

Asked for an update on an imminent business and whether he has anything lined up for New Year’s Day of later this week, the 50-year-old revealed: “No, I won’t be doing anything I don’t think.

“There’s nothing out there that we can afford that’s going to improve us.

“We are where we are and got what we’ve got.”

SlowerThanPlatt

“If people move on or move out then maybe we’ll do something, but people always ask the question and I keep repeating myself,” said Robins.

“It’s tedious but we’ve all been to St Andrew’s where we have not got the same amount of support this season, so that in itself tells you a story.

“It makes it difficult but we have had front end backing so I can only really do what I can do.”

Winny the Bish

Two league losses in early January and this definitely changes. Recency bias after beating Wycombe has definitely kicked in.

chiefdave

It’s tedious but we’ve all been to St Andrew’s where we have not got the same amount of support this season, so that in itself tells you a story.
He's said it many times but he can't make it any clearer than that. If people don't turn up the playing budget takes a hit. Assume there will now be no complaints when nobody is signed.

Reactions: TTG

fatso

Why would Biamou be leaving? We'd find him hard to replace....ideal for two up if we play that shape, and perfect back up for an injured Godden if that happens....
7 league goals in 53 league games is why I'd get rid of him, what's the point in keeping him as back up, when he dosnt score enough goals?
Anyone could be back up and not score goals!
And he's 29 now, so he's unlikely to develop into the next Alan Shearer.
I'd sign bright and another striker, and let Biamou, baka and Hiwula move on.

SlowerThanPlatt

7 league goals in 53 league games is why I'd get rid of him, what's the point in keeping him as back up, when he dosnt score enough goals?
Anyone could be back up and not score goals!
And he's 29 now, so he's unlikely to develop into the next Alan Shearer.

He scored 2 in the play offs which is basically a league game tbf

I think he’s overrated by some sections of the support but 1 in about 6 isn’t *too* bad

Sky Blue Harry H

Your 2 incomings are likely to cost more than those outgoings, in terms of fees and wages. Not happening - plus Max has done well when called upon, and is the player most capable of filling Godden's role, if he's out at all.

Users who are viewing this thread