It's Dissapointing But.... (1 Viewer)

aviles

Dec 17, 2012
We could seriously lose the first 3 games, big loss of points that.

People on here seem scared of Wigan..... I dont know why they are going to be a giant flop this season. I wouldnt be surprised to see them in a relagation battle again.

The Lurker

Jul 31, 2014
PSF results mean fuck all. It's trial and error & fitness, nothing else. It really isnt a marker on the actual season. There are clubs that have had woeful pre seasons and romped leagues and vica versa. This Saturday onwards is what counts. If we were smashing each team in PSF 4/5-0 would you all think we would romp league 1 because I dont. TM did say its a 2 year project in building this team. Everyone needs to chill out.

Results mean nothing but performances have been woeful. We lack any physical presence in midfield or up front. Our defence looks shaky down the sides and our goalkeeper is not commanding enough. We lack depth in the squad and this is all just 5 days before our opening game. I think many fans have forgot how close we were to relegation last season and things need to improve drastically to escape another season of failure

LB87ccfc

Dec 28, 2012
PSF results mean fuck all. It's trial and error & fitness, nothing else. It really isnt a marker on the actual season. There are clubs that have had woeful pre seasons and romped leagues and vica versa. This Saturday onwards is what counts. If we were smashing each team in PSF 4/5-0 would you all think we would romp league 1 because I dont. TM did say its a 2 year project in building this team. Everyone needs to chill out.

Exactly pre season means absolute fuck all, we finished 8th one year under MA when we had a dreadful pre season.

First 10 games in the league then you see a patern emerge, people need to chill the fuck out on here and stop panicking over nothing.

Their are still attacking players on the radar that deals are being worked on so no need to panic.

aviles

Dec 17, 2012
Keep taking the pills.

Did you think they would get relegated from the championship this time last season? I know i never i thought they would be up near the top. They are a team with no history, no support, the main sport is rugby they have had their 5 minutes of fame now its time for their decline. They will be no where near the top at the end of the season

Gint11

Aug 8, 2012
Results mean nothing but performances have been woeful. We lack any physical presence in midfield or up front. Our defence looks shaky down the sides and our goalkeeper is not commanding enough. We lack depth in the squad and this is all just 5 days before our opening game. I think many fans have forgot how close we were to relegation last season and things need to improve drastically to escape another season of failure

Players don't put in the same for friendlies as they do when points are on offer. Even if the manager demands it, even if that player is really keen, friendlies just dont get the output a league game gets. I still wouldnt worry.

LB87ccfc

Dec 28, 2012
Did you think they would get relegated from the championship this time last season? I know i never i thought they would be up near the top. They are a team with no history, no support, the main sport is rugby they have had their 5 minutes of fame now its time for their decline. They will be no where near the top at the end of the season

All true and are piss poor supported however a side with a spine of

O'Donnell - One of the best keepers in the league last season players player and supporters player of the year Walsall last season

Reece James - Injuries have not helped but was regarded at Manure

Chris McCann - Stand out performer for Wigan before injuries interrupted game time , class act in this division

Don Cowie - Excellent for this divison, proven championship player with experience with Cardiff City

Michael Jacobs - A class performer in League One whilst at Wolves can operate on either flank and score goals

Also Huws is a good player as is Max Power who is making the step up.

A host of strikers at their disposal in this league consisting of -

Will Grigg proven 20 goal a season striker
Craig Davies
Grant Holt
Billy McKay

Their is no reason for them not to be in the automatics / play offs, depending on if Caldwell gets it right.

However, I am not concerned about Wigan more about ourselves, and id rather play them on the first day when their is no form.

Monners

Apr 9, 2013
Northampton
Will judge it after 5 league games. However, only scoring 2 goals in 5 games, friendly or otherwise, is a concern. Time will tell

Clive Bleakin

May 8, 2015
One thing that hasn't happened with this squad yet, is a big crowd in a stadium they haven't played on a surface they haven't played on!

remember we have played at nuneaton twice, kenilworth road, the Abbey and Havant and waterlooville, don't under estimate how much the surface will help us with the type of players we have!

Although it would happen the other way (ie the the other team could reap the benefits....!

My disappointment is we didn't keep either Nouble or Turgott, both i think would have fitted in nicely in the way we are trying to play!

Armstrong is a fantastic prospect, we just need the proven players to come in (2 players i would say) and 2 loans!

squad isn't far away just needs boosting, but can understand the frustration! Although the doom and gloom is not needed in my eyes!

I think the 'not having played at the Ricoh in pre season' is a very significant point.

When was the last time we played a home friendly?

Shake_and_McPake

Facebook User
You're right, and losing against Wigan would be no crying shame. However losing 3/4 games in a row because of a weak squad is something we could struggle to come back from, and something sadly, that could happen. Need a win on the board early but the faith has to be there!

Users who are viewing this thread