IT'S COME AROUND AGAIN... (1 Viewer)

oscillatewildly

The FA Cup Final, I mean. But more to the point, we have another potential challenger to our title of 'Last Midland club to have won the FA Cup'.
I posted a similar thread a couple of years back when a bunch of jokers from B6 tried to wrestle that title from us - didn't end very well as I recall.
Local 'rivalry' aside, I think Lestoh are a very decent side and from a 'neutrals' point it pleases me to see as entertaining a team as them in the final to contribute towards what I think will be a great game.
But do we want them to win and thus topple us or would we rather see the champagne rich, Kremlin Kickers triumph?
Alternately, does anybody give a flying monkey's?

Tommo1993

Wouldn’t be bothered with them winning at all.

The whole ‘Last midlands team...’ thing doesn’t seem worth much to me.

lifeskyblue

Couldn’t really care ...but as I live in Leicester I suppose i hope they don’t get a hammering. Wouldn’t be able to chat with neighbours without laughing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommo1993

Admittedly, I don't think the club receives royalties from it but surely it's 'worth' something?
Last team in stripes too.

‘Worth’ as in Birmingham were the last Midlands team to win the league cup. Not as popular as FA Cup, but still nobody is really bothered. Good for a pub quiz but that’s probably about it.

oscillatewildly

‘Worth’ as in Birmingham were the last Midlands team to win the league cup. Not as popular as FA Cup, but still nobody is really bothered. Good for a pub quiz but that’s probably about it.
You're trying to compare the worlds oldest football knockout cup competition with another that started in 1960 and didn't even merit a Wembley final until 1967?
Good god, man.

oscillatewildly

If you don't support either team I would imagine it is human nature to root for the 'underdog'. However, I wonder if the underdog has ever gone into the final currently holding a higher league position than their 'favourite' opponents?

Covstu

I think what is the most disappointing is that both teams play each other again mid week which is probably a more important game.

rob9872

Difficult.

Caught between wanting Chelsea to be trophy less and finish 5th after this Sky Tuchel love in and wanting Incester to lose horribly.

Hopefully some kind of terrorist scare and the game never takes place.

LastGarrison

With Maddison on the bench and likely to come on at some point has a Coventry born player ever won the FA Cup?

Thinking through the ‘87 team and none of them were Cov lads were they?

skyblue1991

Been a good start to the game, better than a tactical stalemate that we've seen too often this season

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Ian1779

Heard an obscure fact on the radio this morning that Jamie Vardy is the only player to have ever played in every single round of the FA cup from very first qualifying round up to the final. 14 rounds in total.

Users who are viewing this thread