It Takes Balls to Talk (1 Viewer)

Samo

A new mental health awareness campaign is being launched in Coventry to encourage people, particularly men, to talk about how they feel.

‘It Takes Balls to Talk’ is a campaign which uses sporting themes and key messages to direct people to help and support, when they need it.

Coventry & Warwickshire Mind are one of the lead partners in the development of this campaign and would ask you to consider whether you or someone you know has a few hours spare to volunteer at events, helping us to engage with as many people as possible during World Mental Health Week in October.

This is an exciting, innovative opportunity for us to use sporting venues, as a means to engaging people, particularly men, in conversations about their mental health and wellbeing.

Whether you are able to support as a volunteer or not, If you are part of an amateur sports club and would like to find out more, please email [email protected] as we are keen to send packs out to all amateur groups as well so that we can reach as many people as possible with the message of “It Takes Balls to Talk”.

Please PM me with your email address and I'll send you details of forthcoming events and/or a volunteer application form.

Nick: Not strictly CCFC related I know but as CCFC is such a balls up and our fans are among the most depressed in the UK, I think it kinda is!

christonabike

Saw Fisher in the Eon lounge yesterday talking to a few fans in deep conversation would love to hear what shit he was coming out with. Told Cloughie on here and had to stop him going over and challenging him lol!

Sick Boy

Saw Fisher in the Eon lounge yesterday talking to a few fans in deep conversation would love to hear what shit he was coming out with. Told Cloughie on here and had to stop him going over and challenging him lol!

Challenging him to what? Boring each other to death?

Nick

Administrator
A new mental health awareness campaign is being launched in Coventry to encourage people, particularly men, to talk about how they feel.

‘It Takes Balls to Talk’ is a campaign which uses sporting themes and key messages to direct people to help and support, when they need it.

Coventry & Warwickshire Mind are one of the lead partners in the development of this campaign and would ask you to consider whether you or someone you know has a few hours spare to volunteer at events, helping us to engage with as many people as possible during World Mental Health Week in October.

This is an exciting, innovative opportunity for us to use sporting venues, as a means to engaging people, particularly men, in conversations about their mental health and wellbeing.

Whether you are able to support as a volunteer or not, If you are part of an amateur sports club and would like to find out more, please email [email protected] as we are keen to send packs out to all amateur groups as well so that we can reach as many people as possible with the message of “It Takes Balls to Talk”.

Please PM me with your email address and I'll send you details of forthcoming events and/or a volunteer application form.

Nick: Not strictly CCFC related I know but as CCFC is such a balls up and our fans are among the most depressed in the UK, I think it kinda is!
Things like this need exposure :)

Captain Dart

Get yerself kitted up with a good directional mike.

Samo

Nick; would you consider making this a sticky?
Thanks

vow

Joking aside, great idea, I hope it helps some people along the way, as Nick says, it needs more exposure.

italiahorse

There are a few that still give him oxygen unfortunately.

covmark

You had to stop cloughie from challenging him? Haha fuck sake.
Challenging him to what? Fucking pistols at dawn?
Bunch of pussies.

Good cause by the way Samo. Nice one.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Gazolba

<snip>!

It shouldn't be hard to encourage Sky Blues supporters to talk about how they feel. I suggest having a supply of bricks and plate-glass windows available.

Terry Gibson's perm

I find here a good place air my problems, there have been some really caring responses to some tough subjects the one that stands out most was where people were talking about losing a child and it makes you realise you are not the only one, also Otis's parrot story.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I find here a good place air my problems, there have been some really caring responses to some tough subjects the one that stands out most was where people were talking about losing a child and it makes you realise you are not the only one, also Otis's parrot story.

Agree TGP.....I'm in that sad club of losing a child & that particular thread brought me to tears......but in a good way.....keyboard therapy.

kdrinkell

Family and friends have suffered with this and so many suicides that its painful to recall but good to hear that positive action is being provided,being a Cov fan is bad enough but lifes ups and downs (as people have posted) can be challenging when you think nobody is on your side.

Users who are viewing this thread