It must be time (1 Viewer)

ArabianNights

To start afresh, the FA have washed there hand of us, SISU are stubbornly carrying on regardless and support is ebbing away.

It must be possible to get as many of us supporters together and start something new in the city of Coventry??

I am willing to put my name down and build a new sky blue dream without debt, and lies. A new history.

bigfatronssba

Too late for next season. The time has now passed for another year.

bigfatronssba

Could anyone really say hand on heart they could change club?

I know I couldn't. No matter what on field / off field problems occur

It wouldn't be changing clubs for me. It would simply be CCFC in a lower league.

I struggle to think of that abomination masquerading as CCFC in Northampton as my club anymore anyway.

jacko63

That's the point is it our club they move to Northampton and they say a new stadium outside of cov it does not feel like our club anymore

RFC

Never EVER, once a Coventry City supporter always a CCFC SUPPORTER.

Originally the 'Bantams' but now thanks to DR & JH, the Sky Blues!

Stop moaning and belly aching and keep the faith.

PUSB PUSB PUSB PUSB PUSB!

bigfatronssba

Can I just ask, why do you support COVENTRY City?

letsallsingtogether

Correct but up till now always in Coventry.

shmmeee

So you'd be happy to support Cardiff? ;)

letsallsingtogether

Your wasting your time on here me old mate you will only get fucked by the Anti CCC Anti ACL, sisu have done everything by the book brigade.
Its not bellyaching its the truth, we need to do something now, or just roll over and accept something we all love fading away.

shmmeee

Its not bellyaching its the truth, we need to do something now, or just roll over and accept something we all love fading away.

They've been very clever in the way they've done this to put uncertainty and doubt at the heart of everything they do. No clarity, no consistency of communication, all designed to stop any effective opposition or alternative.

I, like most I think, have too much invested in CCFC in it's current form to give up after a season. There's still a bit of me that hopes this will all be over after the JR. I imagine if it's as you were next year then the time will have come. As others have said, it's too late to enter a new team now anyway, but if we're there at the start of next season then it's the right time to start planning and building support IMO.

stupot07

Same here, as hard that the current situation is, I couldn't do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Grendel

Can I just ask, why do you support COVENTRY City?

I support the team that I have followed for over 40 years. Owners come and go and adversity happens. Loyalty is persevering in adversity.

Tonight you think the club is an abomination. In the past you have said if they get relegated you don't care.

Why are you still here?

shmmeee

Same here, as hard that the current situation is, I couldn't do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Is it changing club though? Did AFC fans change club?

Even you have to admit there's a point where it's no longer our club. I admit that point isn't now, but if we are still there in 4 years with no plans for a stadium, are they still a Coventry team? Are they still our club?

I have no answers, just saying that it's not as cut and dried as you and RFC make out.

ArabianNights

But we all could, we have accountants on here, people who run companies that would sponsor the team, I am pissed off with doing nothing and accepting the whole mess!!

skybluetony176

Keep the faith in what Mark? No one tells the fans what's really happening. It's hard to keep faith in an invisible dream.

stupot07

Is it changing club though? Did AFC fans change club?

Even you have to admit there's a point where it's no longer our club. I admit that point isn't now, but if we are still there in 4 years with no plans for a stadium, are they still a Coventry team? Are they still our club?

I have no answers, just saying that it's not as cut and dried as you and RFC make out.

No it's not cut and dry, but AFC Wimbledon was set up after the FA and FL had confirmed there permanent relocation to Milton Keynes. That's a very absolute reason.

To me until it's confirmed that ccfc moves permanently away from the conurbation, or ceases to exist its a different club with a different name,badge,training grounds, set of players, academy, etc.

If in 4 years there was no plan to return or no new ground on the horizon then I may start to feel differently or may just give up on football all together. I don't think we will get to that point, but certainly not even 1 year of a temporary move is too soon.

For me to set up a Phoenix too soon will alienate large portions of the fan base. This needs support of at least 75% of the fan base to be a sustainable goer.

stupot07

But we all could, we have accountants on here, people who run companies that would sponsor the team, I am pissed off with doing nothing and accepting the whole mess!!

You're not boycotting? You did say you're doing nothing....

shmmeee

There are people working on it to be fair (a couple on here said they were doing something) but there's no clear consensus and the last thing anyone wants is another split in the fanbase.

Like I say, I think next season that will change and you'll see a majority willing to back something new, but right now I don't think it's politically viable.

shmmeee

No it's not cut and dry, but AFC Wimbledon was set up after the FA and FL had confirmed there permanent relocation to Milton Keynes. That's a very absolute reason.

To me until it's confirmed that ccfc moves permanently away from the conurbation, or ceases to exist its a different club with a different name,badge,training grounds, set of players, academy, etc.

If in 4 years there was no plan to return or no new ground on the horizon then I may start to feel differently or may just give up on football all together. I don't think we will get to that point, but certainly not even 1 year of a temporary move is too soon.

For me to set up a Phoenix too soon will alienate large portions of the fan base. This needs support of at least 75% of the fan base to be a sustainable goer.

That's cool and everyone will have their own tipping point. For some that point has already come, that number will only grow as time goes on.

Simply saying "You don't turn your back" is disingenuous as you just admitted that actually, at some point, you do.

dongonzalos

And with that you will hear no more .....

thaiskyblue

I support the team that I have followed for over 40 years. Owners come and go and adversity happens. Loyalty is persevering in adversity.

Tonight you think the club is an abomination. In the past you have said if they get relegated you don't care.

Why are you still here?
this is nothing to do with relegation or losing games, your intelligent enough to know that, stop winding people up .

skybluetony176

Do you not think that the construction of a phoenix club could call Sisu's and FL/FA's bluff?

Or do you think we should just wait until these parties have officially killed the club before we look at this option?

dongonzalos

Why are you still here?

I thought RFC was asked that question?

letsallsingtogether

It will be too late then to do anything...
Do you not think that the construction of a phoenix club could call Sisu's and FL/FA's bluff?

Or do you think we should just wait until these parties have officially killed the club before we look at this option?

bigfatronssba

Why are you still here?

I don't have to justify my attendance on these boards to someone like you.

stupot07

No I don't think it would call sisu or the FA's bluff, and actually that's not a good enough reason to set up a Phoenix.

By all means look at the options, but do not follow it through until you've got 75-80%+ of the fanbase backing.

skybluetony176

It will be too late then to do anything...

That's the line of thinking I'm coming around to and a phoenix club is not something I've given serious thought to before. Depending on the JR outcome and if the opening whistle blows on the first CCFC "home" game of next season at sixfields I wouldn't be surprised if momentum grows for a phoenix club. Especially if it has a promise attached that it will be disbanded should CCFC return to Coventry, not the Coventry "area".

Covstu

This whole thing is soul destroying but unfortunately I cannot look to another club or AFC until our club is dead. The whole discussion of a phoenix club coming out of the liquidated CCFC scares the hell out of me, I think this will be the new Northampton FC...

Users who are viewing this thread