It could be here ? (1 Viewer)

Philosorapter

M6 Junction 2

Satisfies all the criteria.
Possible release of Green Belt by RBC (Latest Plan)
Ricoh size stadium.
Not suitable for housing.
Easy access.

View attachment 4911

It seems you're missing the academy. Could you resubmit your plans to the Sky Blues Talk planning office. :)

Last edited:

Astute

M6 Junction 2

Satisfies all the criteria.
Possible release of Green Belt by RBC (Latest Plan)
Ricoh size stadium.
Not suitable for housing.
Easy access.

View attachment 4911

And get RBC to pay for the build?

Good location but still can't see SISU paying for the build. They are after their money back and not spending untold millions more.

wingy

Good location but still can't see SISU paying for the build. They are after their money back and not spending untold millions more.

Nowhere for the other property build and land residential or commercial that was intended to largely fund and same for Academy
Like You I don't see where the funds come from

chiefdave

good shout, whats the area name or near by road name, so i can find it on google maps?

Put in showcase cinema coventry and you're right next to it.

There's a huge piece of land, presumably farmland, just south of where italia has got the car park that I've always thought would be a prime site if Fisher ever was going to build his super 60 acre complex.

Moff

Seem to recall this site being mentioned as a possibility when we last had pages of discussion on a possible site in RBC.

There were many that slagged it off. Cant recall why, probably location, not in Coventry, accesibility etc etc, but the usual positivity on the site. I think it could work. Whether it will happen is a different matter.

Coincidently this area was proposed for a new stadium years before the Ricoh was ever planned, I think it was late 80's or early 90's but it never got past the discussion stage.

Last edited:

shmmeee

I'd take that. Counts as Coventry for me, easy access.

Still prefer it in the City Centre.

hamil99

Facebook User
Put in showcase cinema coventry and you're right next to it.

There's a huge piece of land, presumably farmland, just south of where italia has got the car park that I've always thought would be a prime site if Fisher ever was going to build his super 60 acre complex.

Thank you :)

hill83

I'm sure the people of Ansty will have a moan about it. They love a moan.
Ideal location I'd say, if in town can't be done.

It does get seriously busy around there already though.

Big_Ben

Not sure it's as simple as that. They are more likely to be after a return on their investment fund, even if it takes longer, and if there is the prospect of a greater return following some added investment, that could well be attractive to them.

hamil99

Facebook User
Does look perfect. Only ruffly 4-5km from the city center, so id class it as Cov for sure. Would be perfect if we cant find a place in the city centre.

italiahorse

I've said this before.
A little to close to the Ricoh I think.

Fullscreen capture 12122015 125305.jpg

I could walk to it from home so it has my vote.

skybluetony176

I've said this before.
A little to close to the Ricoh I think.

View attachment 4912

I could walk to it from home so it has my vote.

If the rumour that is doing the rounds in the short circuit motorsport world is anything to go by we've missed out. Pretty sure that is the plot many people who are apparently "in the know" are saying will be the new home of the Bee's. Not saying it's true but the official statement from the owner is that there's an announcement being made in the new year. Where have we heard that before :thinking about:

skybluetony176

I'm sure the people of Ansty will have a moan about it. They love a moan.
Ideal location I'd say, if in town can't be done.

It does get seriously busy around there already though.

Careful, if you start pointing out reasons why it could have issues Torch will be along to announce that you're part of the "council tag team".

Seriously though I think you may have a point. Weekend being less of an issue but a midweek evening game could be problematic. Certainly going to the Ricoh midweek I always allow more time for traveling as the traffic always slows at junc 2. Coming from Rugby you always seem to catch the tail end of rush hour so throwing the extra match day traffic into the mix of navigating the interchange of M6, M69 and A46 could be problematic.

RegTheDonk

Looks an ideal spot.

But everyone reckons SISU can't afford to put the money in themselves and build it. So they have to find someone to invest in it and build it, is that right?

If so, that would surely mean another party has a stake in any new build - so why are they still dicking around with this?

If ultimately SISU don't have full control or ownership, why not just be up front with WASPs, say "hey lets go for a 50/50 partnership on the RICOH lease, split everything down the middle (profit and expenses), and have a bit of cross-promotion between our two sports".

Once TM gets us into the Prem, then we can start thinking about building something of our own - or buying WASPs out.

Nick

Administrator
Looks an ideal spot.

But everyone reckons SISU can't afford to put the money in themselves and build it. So they have to find someone to invest in it and build it, is that right?

If so, that would surely mean another party has a stake in any new build - so why are they still dicking around with this?

Why not just be up front with WASPs, say "hey lets go for a 50/50 partnership on the RICOH lease, split everything down the middle (profit and expenses), and have a bit of cross-promotion between our two sports".

Once TM gets us into the Prem, then we can start thinking about building something of our own - or buying WASPs out.
Wasps didn't come here to go 50/50

shmmeee

Yup, agree with both points. It's a bad location in so many ways, but pragmatically might be as good as we're likely to get.

Would still rather somewhere with life and soul about it, though!

It's Catch 22 tho innit?

Stick it anywhere other than the City Centre and traffic will be a nightmare and it'll be stuck in residential planning hell forever. Stick it somewhere where 20,000 people can get to and from easily, and you've got enough room for other facilities and it'll be soulless.

skybluetony176

Looks an ideal spot.

If ultimately SISU don't have full control or ownership, why not just be up front with WASPs, say "hey lets go for a 50/50 partnership on the RICOH lease, split everything down the middle (profit and expenses), and have a bit of cross-promotion between our two sports".

I think the only chance we'll have of buying into the Ricoh now is when the bonds are due to be paid back or at some point nearer to that if Wasps come to the conclusion that they won't have the money in the bank to pay the bonds back, assuming that they don't have a plan B.

The other problem you've already hinted at. If SISU don't have the backers to build a new stadium why would have the backers to enter into a 50/50 arrangement with Wasps. Both will need considerable amounts of money.

Astute

I'd prefer that site to the butts though!

I just want somewhere in Coventry, somewhere that is big enough and somewhere that can be our long term home. After everything we have been through in the last 10 years we shouldn't be so fussy.

Calista

Looks an ideal spot.

Unfortunately it would also mean splitting the liabilities, and SISU don't think the Ricoh is a viable enough business to carry any debts. That's how we got here.

Calista

Careful, if you start pointing out reasons why it could have issues Torch will be along to announce that you're part of the "council tag team".

Seriously though I think you may have a point. Weekend being less of an issue but a midweek evening game could be problematic. Certainly going to the Ricoh midweek I always allow more time for traveling as the traffic always slows at junc 2. Coming from Rugby you always seem to catch the tail end of rush hour so throwing the extra match day traffic into the mix of navigating the interchange of M6, M69 and A46 could be problematic.

Nice try Tony, but please remember it's an established truth around here that you never go to the games ;)

Grendel

Unfortunately it would also mean splitting the liabilities, and SISU don't think the Ricoh is a viable enough business to carry any debts. That's how we got here.

Wasps wouldn't ever surrender 50% they say they need 100% ground ownership and 365 days revenue to survive.

letsallsingtogether

Ha Ha new ground you crease me up

Then again maybe we will find out in 3 weeks.

hutch1972

Wasps wouldn't ever surrender 50% they say they need 100% ground ownership and 365 days revenue to survive.

Even with that they are heading into a car crash , i might be wrong but i can see the ownership of the Ricoh changing hands again over the next couple of years.

letsallsingtogether

Even with that they are heading into a car crash , i might be wrong but i can see the ownership of the Ricoh changing hands again over the next couple of years.
Yer maybe Cov Utd might want it

stupot07

How would it work with the liability of the bonds? Wasps will no longer have 100% of the lease, and I think the bond debt is to wasps holdings not ACL, so if sisu bought 50% ACL, wasps half wouldn't be worth the £42m needed to cover their liability?

Unless wasps fail or struggle to pay off the bonds I can't see them selling any of ACL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Astute

How would it work with the liability of the bonds? Wasps will no longer have 100% of the lease, and I think the bond debt is to wasps holdings not ACL, so if sisu bought 50% ACL, wasps half wouldn't be worth the £42m needed to cover their liability?

Unless wasps fail or struggle to pay off the bonds I can't see them selling any of ACL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Maybe Wasps getting the Ricoh has already served it's purpose. Their owner got 10m back that the club owed him. There wasn't much chance of getting his money back previously. At worse it seems that if they lose the Ricoh in 2022 they will take up another rental agreement closer to where they should be. All the money they raised was against the Ricoh. And I just can't see how they can raise a total of 50m in 7 years.

Grendel

Maybe Wasps getting the Ricoh has already served it's purpose. Their owner got 10m back that the club owed him. There wasn't much chance of getting his money back previously. At worse it seems that if they lose the Ricoh in 2022 they will take up another rental agreement closer to where they should be. All the money they raised was against the Ricoh. And I just can't see how they can raise a total of 50m in 7 years.

You haven't of course factored in the possibility the Moonstone Ltd (or comango) haven't actually invested heavily into the bond.

Users who are viewing this thread