Israel - Palestinian Conflict (7 Viewers)

nicksar

He isn't exactly a voice for the whole Jewish community is he? I also do not see his view that Israel is the most powerful country in the Middle East as at all valid
No he isn't but he explains the Apartheid that exists in Israel really well... irrespective of anyone's personal views on the rights and wrongs of the current horrendous situation.

Grendel

Anyone speaking in any context who sincerely called Judaism an absurd, outdated, backward and bigoted religion, practiced by the “most racist population on earth” would quite correctly be called an anti-Semite, whether they chose to believe they were one or not. There’s no place for that kind of rhetoric against a religious group on here, whatever the excuses.

I don't need an excuse thanks - I believe as a religion Islam stands for misogyny, racism, homophobia, transphobia and general intolerance. I don't believe these are acceptable and should be challenged. The countries where this religious dominates are autocratic and discriminatory in the extreme

I view the Islamic state as a threat and that is no irrational fear.

It's funny as religion generally is mocked - Christianity is viewed as a Wizard in the Sky and is mocked and parodied by many on here - so is that Chritianaphobia - is that acceptable?

I don't need an excuse but thanks anyway but it certainly is not a phobia

Grendel

Are you arguing that we should be supporting Israel as Hamas is a recognised terrorist organisation?

i don’t think we should be involved I think they should sort out their conflict by themselves

SBT

I don't need an excuse thanks - I believe as a religion Islam stands for misogyny, racism, homophobia, transphobia and general intolerance.
You’re entitled to your beliefs, and the dreadful human rights record of many Muslim-dominated countries will certainly add fuel to your argument. But unless you’re about to surprise me with a detailed study of Islamic doctrine, your quarrel is with their governments, not the religion they’ve warped to their own twisted devices, as is the case with religions around the world. And it certainly shouldn’t be with every one of the world’s 1.5B Muslims, who you seem to have written off as a monolithic bloc of racists without a hint of irony.

Grendel

You’re entitled to your beliefs, and the dreadful human rights record of many Muslim-dominated countries will certainly add fuel to your argument. But unless you’re about to surprise me with a detailed study of Islamic doctrine, your quarrel is with their governments, not the religion they’ve warped to their own twisted devices, as is the case with religions around the world. And it certainly shouldn’t be with every one of the world’s 1.5B Muslims, who you seem to have written off as a monolithic bloc of racists without a hint of irony.

So in the uk the beliefs are more tolerant?

Grendel

Oh and I’m not Islamaphobic

Grendel

The other think @SBT i believe if I expressed the view the catholic faith was as despicable for its views on homosexuality and its vile treatment i suspect you’d not be calling me a catholicphobe would you?

SBT

The other think @SBT i believe if I expressed the view the catholic faith was as despicable for its views on homosexuality and its vile treatment i suspect you’d not be calling me a catholicphobe would you?
You’re windmilling at this point, but I think most people can tell by now that your quarrel should be with the institutional leadership of the Catholic Church, rather than all its doctrines and followers, hope that helps.

Grendel

You’re windmilling at this point, but I think most people can tell by now that your quarrel should be with the institutional leadership of the Catholic Church, rather than all its doctrines and followers, hope that helps.

no I’m really not windmilling

We will take one step at a time

I believe practicing Muslims whichever country they live in are against homosexuality in their religion

Do you agree - yes or no?

Grendel

Grendel

Let’s now go onto transgender @SBT muslim views on this topic?

Grendel

Como

I thought this was interesting, this guy is about as Progressive as you can get, head honcho of the ADL, and MSNBC well there is no UK equivalent but also super Progressive.

Hertsccfc

I believe practicing Muslims whichever country they live in are against homosexuality in their religion

You believe your know the view of every practising Muslim in the world? Even more astonishing than your claim to know how every Russian feels.

By the way I know a number of practising Muslims who are not opposed to homosexuality.

Brighton Sky Blue

You believe your know the view of every practising Muslim in the world? Even more astonishing than your claim to know how every Russian feels.

By the way I know a number of practising Muslims who are not opposed to homosexuality.
Also ignoring that it was illegal in this country not that long ago and that a certain Mrs Thatcher passed openly homophobic legislation in the late 80s.

Grendel

No I clearly don’t I’m just quoting a survey - if only 18% of let’s say US white males thought it should be legal what would your view be of US white males?

NortonSkyBlue

My father, may he rest in peace, grew up in world where there were few black and Asian people, homosexuality was hidden, anti Irish(of which he was one) and anti Semitic. He would have struggled to live in this world today. But he was familiar with wars.
I have lived around the world and seen discrimination at first hand in all countries, I have lived in countries that have Russian Orthodox, Buddhist, Muslim and catholic and a bigot is a bigot no matter what religion is predominant. A shit is a shit anywhere. The nicest people I have encountered have been Muslim.

Grendel

Grendel

My father, may he rest in peace, grew up in world where there were few black and Asian people, homosexuality was hidden, anti Irish(of which he was one) and anti Semitic. He would have struggled to live in this world today. But he was familiar with wars.
I have lived around the world and seen discrimination at first hand in all countries, I have lived in countries that have Russian Orthodox, Buddhist, Muslim and catholic and a bigot is a bigot no matter what religion is predominant. A shit is a shit anywhere. The nicest people I have encountered have been Muslim.

I suspect if you lived in the Middle East you’d view it differently

Why people are so offended by a guardian article I’ve no idea

Grendel

There were people like you in the US in 1939-41. Isolationism isn’t always the answer as you appear to believe.

Do you think Palestine were provoked into their invasion of Israel?

Grendel

Also ignoring that it was illegal in this country not that long ago and that a certain Mrs Thatcher passed openly homophobic legislation in the late 80s.

I know this sounds glib but genuinely I never had any issue in the 80’s - I think I would in the middle east - genuinely it was fine. The age of consent was silly but I hardly was bothered.

Brighton Sky Blue

I know this sounds glib but genuinely I never had any issue in the 80’s - I think I would in the middle east - genuinely it was fine. The age of consent was silly but I hardly was bothered.
I’m glad you didn’t but Section 28 was extremely harmful for LGBT students and teachers alike after its implementation. It was awful legislation and endorsed by a PM critical of people believing they had ‘the inalienable right to be gay’.

Como

Makes you wonder why there are so many LGBT asylum seekers from Muslim countries.

Grendel

I’m glad you didn’t but Section 28 was extremely harmful for LGBT students and teachers alike after its implementation. It was awful legislation and endorsed by a PM critical of people believing they had ‘the inalienable right to be gay’.

Were you around at that period of history?

SBT

Gonna be a shock for my wife when I get home tonight and condemn her for her homophobia. She’s been a Muslim all her life, and didn’t seem to object when my cousin married his husband. But she won’t be able to deny it any longer when I confront her with the evidence from the Sky Blues Talk answer to Les Dennis.

Grendel

Oh dear someone’s triggered perhaps she was Ms 18%

Grendel

Or it’s straight out the Skybluetony “I’m in a hole I need to dig myself out of it” playbook

Grendel

Honestly the 80’s were up to a point ok - the real issue was the AIDS epidemic and the advert - there was so much fear then it made the whole thing toxic

Up to that point it was really not that bad. We used to go away for weekends and it was never I don’t think a problem. I said we we’re brothers but I doubt it was believed very much - looking back I thought it was a right laugh

Users who are viewing this thread