Is this BS? Does anyone know for sure? (1 Viewer)

Malaka

I am involved heavily in kids football and help out with SBITC on Saturday mornings. I was having a cuppa with an old boy who has been around for centuries and this whipper snapper came up and was lacing his boots and said that if we go up next season, we will not be allowed to play at St Andrews. I can see the logic about not having us in Brum the same day as V, but can't see the logic of not being able to share with BCFC, surely games can be arranged for the opposite weekends like they are now? Has anyone else heard this? The whipper snapper was adamant.

Grendel

No there’s no truth in it

skybluetony176

Wimbledon and Crystal Palace ground shared for years including at least one season when both were in the premier league from memory. So if that wasn’t an issue then not sure why it would be all of a sudden.

Saddlebrains

Only thing i heard is that it could be a problem if we go up and villa go down. Due to Birmingham and Villa not being home on the same weekend as usual, but also us and villa being at 'home' the same day is something the EFL and West Mids Police are not keen on.

Doesn't matter anyway the egg chasers will come cap in hand when we win the league

skyblue1991

Only thing i heard is that it could be a problem if we go up and villa go down. Due to Birmingham and Villa not being home on the same weekend as usual, but also us and villa being at 'home' the same day is something the EFL and West Mids Police are not keen on.

Doesn't matter anyway the egg chasers will come cap in hand when we win the league

We've played at St Andrews this season when Villa have also been at home so can't see why this would be an issue.

clint van damme

We've played at St Andrews this season when Villa have also been at home so can't see why this would be an issue.

Who were we playing though?
Much bigger away following in the Championship and far more potential flash points.
The police moved the Ipswich game because villa were playing Leicester.

ccfcway

You’d have to think there is no way WM police would allow something like AVFC v Millwall and CCFC v Fulham to be on the same day ?

SlowerThanPlatt

Fulham are one of them teams we keep missing. They could go up again this season and one of the other teams we haven’t played for ages Huddersfield still could get relegated

clint van damme

Fulham are one of them teams we keep missing. They could go up again this season and one of the other teams we haven’t played for ages Huddersfield still could get relegated

I've spoken to a few people who are trying to get their 92 league grounds watching City and Craven cottage is one that not many of them have managed.
Don't think we've played them since the early 80s. Supposed to be a nice ground and a good day out as well.

Grendel

I've spoken to a few people who are trying to get their 92 league grounds watching City and Craven cottage is one that not many of them have managed.
Don't think we've played them since the early 80s. Supposed to be a nice ground and a good day out as well.

Other than a league cup tie in 82 the last league game was 1968

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Our home games co-incide with Villa anyway, can’t see it being a problem in the Championship.

obviously if West Ham come down aswell, then we won’t play them when villa play milwall

why do these rumours keep surfacing? Wimbledon and Palace ground shared for years - we will be at St Andrews next season if we’re not at the Ricoh

Nick

Administrator
Our home games co-incide with Villa anyway, can’t see it being a problem in the Championship.

obviously if West Ham come down aswell, then we won’t play them when villa play milwall

why do these rumours keep surfacing? Wimbledon and Palace ground shared for years - we will be at St Andrews next season if we’re not at the Ricoh
Yeah true, I don't want to have to knock West ham and villa out on the same day.

peace ndlovu

I can’t see how this is an issue. Surely West Brom will play home games that clash with either Blues or villa anyway (more so when villa are not in the Prem, where relatively few fixtures are on a Saturday at 3pm)?
If we’re at St. Andrews, I guess it will be arranged so that our home games align with villa and West Brom (who look a very good bet for the Prem anyway) align with Blues?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I can’t see how this is an issue. Surely West Brom will play home games that clash with either Blues or villa anyway (more so when villa are not in the Prem, where relatively few fixtures are on a Saturday at 3pm)?
If we’re at St. Andrews, I guess it will be arranged so that our home games align with villa and West Brom (who look a very good bet for the Prem anyway) align with Blues?
Think we’re in the same rotation as wolves and villa

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If there was a game they were worried about they'd move it to Sunday I'd have thought

David O'Day

Did us, the villa and the dingles all play away in south east London on the same Saturday last season?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Wolves are on the main line through new street for fans from from south of Birmingham as well

clint van damme

Did us, the villa and the dingles all play away in south east London on the same Saturday last season?

Baggies were in London when we played Wimbledon away last season.
The joint sky blues/ baggie's rendition of several two tone hits would have caused far more distress to our fellow passengers than a mass brawl.

clint van damme

Just checked. You're right.
Day we played Charlton. Villa played Milwall and Wolves played Palace.

Users who are viewing this thread