Is fleck fit yet (1 Viewer)

skyblue1523

Just asking the Q have'nt heard anything yet:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

kg82

When it happened Thorn said it would be 3 weeks. I would rather not us rush him either, just let him get fully fit!

SkyBlue_Bear83

When it happened Thorn said it would be 3 weeks. I would rather not us rush him either, just let him get fully fit!
Yea, I remember him also saying though like a week after the Yeovil game Fleck kept telling the staff he was ready to play again but they didn't want to risk it

kg82

Yea, I remember him also saying though like a week after the Yeovil game Fleck kept telling the staff he was ready to play again but they didn't want to risk it

Yeah. Which, if true, I like. Showing a willingness to get back and play can only be good!

Astute

1, Let's not rush him back.

2, My lad says he is a good player, but can dissapear for long periods of games. Don't expect too much from him otherwise some of our fans will be calling him an idle b@$t@t®d. He is still young though so plenty of room for improvement.

pusbccfc

Him and Baker will be agood battle for CAM

sky blue john

We don't need him if baker carries on playing well!

The season is long and its all about competition for places. If players think their position is safe then going by last season they don't put the effort in 100% of the time.
I know its wrong but thats the way it seems to be.

RichieGunns

The season is long and its all about competition for places. If players think their position is safe then going by last season they don't put the effort in 100% of the time.
I know its wrong but thats the way it seems to be.

Agreed!

That was the major problem with last season. Our players new they'd always have a starting place because of our small squad and it was inevitable that they'd slack off.

This season will be different as there is always going to be someone else wanting another players starting position so whoever plays will need to impress to keep there starting place.

I have a feeling that if Baker continues the way he was against birmingham then Fleck will find himself on the subs bench when he comes back from injury.

@richh87

Agreed!

That was the major problem with last season. Our players new they'd always have a starting place because of our small squad and it was inevitable that they'd slack off.

This season will be different as there is always going to be someone else wanting another players starting position so whoever plays will need to impress to keep there starting place.

I have a feeling that if Baker continues the way he was against birmingham then Fleck will find himself on the subs bench when he comes back from injury.

Baker and McSheffrey are the best examples of players who slack off when not pushed - Bell too actually*.

Competition for places is key and will ensure we do well this season IMO.

*All very talented IMO, yes even Bell.

Last edited:

Diehard Si

I can just see Bell coming back from injury and playing an absolute blinder. Then we've got real selection headache with Thomas back soon also.

shy_tall_knight

I can just see Bell coming back from injury and playing an absolute blinder. Then we've got real selection headache with Thomas back soon also.

How many blinders in the last 3 1/2 seasons has bell played and suddenly h ei s going to produce them on a regular basis very optimistic

@richh87

How many blinders in the last 3 1/2 seasons has bell played and suddenly h ei s going to produce them on a regular basis very optimistic

He's got the ability though. His last Blunder* was v Middlesbrough at home last season. He also scored the best goal at the Ricoh v Doncaster IMO.

*Edit - that was meant to be blinder. Even autocorrect won't accept Bell has ability :)

Buster

i'd like to see Fleck start , seeing his work rate and keenness to be on the ball he would tire the opposition . A timely substitution on 60 mins to bring on Baker with his dancing feet would run them ragged. After tues night i dont think that would go down well with Bakerthough

Users who are viewing this thread