Interesting Tweets from Kieren Crowley (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
He has just said that when CCFC made the offer for the Higgs half CCFC gave Higgs 2 options.

1. They would completely match anything Wasps did and add £25k (including the bit about the ticket revenue going to Wasps)
2. They could get an independent company in to value it, and CCFC would beat that value.

Seems like he is being a bit more free now he is leaving!

ccfclinney

Kieran only seen the paperwork today so couldn't comment before hand.
But yeah it's obvious in the last few days that Simon Gilbert and Coventry telegraph will stick up for the council and wasps over the football club every day of the week. Shame really. There's two sides to an argument and it can't all be sisu fault !

NorthernWisdom

what is becoming increasingly apparent ccc higgs and wasps wont help the football club in any way with our current owners,to me this is short sited in the extreme as before long there will be nothing left

Hardly a surprise Wasps won't.

tbf you can also see why Higgs might want out.

And also why CCC may be rather less than keen!

The issue is as much with CCC, what they're doing in its place...

chiefdave

Kieran's twitter is great recently, think he's a bit demob happy!

I'm not sure why Simon is so desperately trying to show Kieran to be wrong. If I was a journalist I'd be straight on the phone to him to get a report into the paper.

It has become very very clear over the last couple of days that the football club had zero chance of owning the Ricoh.

Nick

Administrator
Kieran's twitter is great recently, think he's a bit demob happy!

I'm not sure why Simon is so desperately trying to show Kieran to be wrong. If I was a journalist I'd be straight on the phone to him to get a report into the paper.

It has become very very clear over the last couple of days that the football club had zero chance of owning the Ricoh.

That's the thing isn't it, Simon is trying his best to disprove everything Kieren says. I guess Keiren is leaving so doesn't give 2 shits about a relationship with the local media.

I hate the name Keiren, can never spell it

Kingokings204

Simon said he wants a copy of that offer K says ccfc made. He says they gave 2 options for the Ricoh;

1. Match the wasps offer

2. Independent value of the Ricoh and better it by 25k.

No reason was given on why rejected. Bizarre

Brylowes

That's the thing isn't it, Simon is trying his best to disprove everything Kieren says. I guess Keiren is leaving so doesn't give 2 shits about a relationship with the local media.

I hate the name Keiren, can never spell it
So stop sending him Christmas cards!

chiefdave

Simon said he wants a copy of that offer K says ccfc made. He says they gave 2 options for the Ricoh;
I find this attitude frustrating. Do they apply this criteria to every negative story they run about the football club?
He did similar yesterday saying Reid was wrong about the Butts when he first published it as someone at CRFC had denied it, if Fisher denies something they don't just accept it.

Nick

Administrator
I find this attitude frustrating. Do they apply this criteria to every negative story they run about the football club?
He did similar yesterday saying Reid was wrong about the Butts when he first published it as someone at CRFC had denied it, if Fisher denies something they don't just accept it.

You would think a good journo would have a copy rather than waiting for stories to hit their inbox.

torchomatic

1. Match the wasps offer

2. Independent value of the Ricoh and better it by 25k.

No reason was given on why rejected. Bizarre
He can shred it then!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Monners

But is the same standard being applied to everyone or just when its a story that would put CCFC in a positive light?
Of course, but everything that Crowley is putting out is being taken as gospel on here by some - is that having a balanced view? All sides should be open to an equal level of scrutiny

torchomatic

Just because Crowley is putting stuff on Twitter, doesn't mean he shouldn't back it up when asked surely. Good timing too
Weird that no one feels the same about CCC. Then the "well can you blame them" attitude comes to the fore.

Nick

Administrator
Which explains why he is putting out some very timely tweets doing his job perhaps, de-mob happy or not?

Or to do with him leaving on Friday and not caring so much about his personal link with the Telegraph.

Monners

Weird that no one feels the same about CCC. Then the "well can you blame them" attitude comes to the fore.

Clearly you haven't read some of my other posts - I take a balanced view, and only starting posting on here again today due to the disgrace that is the Higgs Centre Wasps training ground revelation

Is it time to leave Myopialand again?

chiefdave

Of course, but everything that Crowley is putting out is being taken as gospel on here by some - is that having a balanced view? All sides should be open to an equal level of scrutiny
Look on twitter. You've got one person who is in a position where they would have seen what was happening saying one thing happened and the local paper basically jumping up and down saying no it didn't.

He's stated he has documents showing it to be true. Same response from the paper.

RegTheDonk

Yeah, Simon's been a bit lackluster with the exclusives lately. He needs to get his finger out before Les has a one-on-one with Kieren.

Users who are viewing this thread