Im convinced we should stick with Carsley until the end of the season. (1 Viewer)

ccfctommy

Now that Grayson has gone to Preston, none of these out of work managers inspire me at all. Also the new gaffer will not know the players and could disrupt the team.

CovKingChris

Facebook User
It's not that I want Carsley because I think he's a great manager ( I don't know). It's that I can't deal with us getting another manager and the suspense up until his first game.

ricohman

So am i, he will of learnt alot from robins and will keep alot of his methods going. A new magager will cause disruption to these methods.

Mucca Mad Boys

No, we have the rest of the season to play for, we can still get promoted, it's really close in the playoffs so if we get in the playoffs we could easily find ourselves knocking on the door of autos if results went our way.

Why waste time I say.

WestEndAgro

No, we have the rest of the season to play for, we can still get promoted, it's really close in the playoffs so if we get in the playoffs we could easily find ourselves knocking on the door of autos if results went our way.

Why waste time I say.

I agree , get someone in now, we can't afford another slip, after the Shaw fiasco ! ( NOT BROWN )

percy

i see where some are coming from with this. i think the last time we had a caretaker manager they were following on from someone who had got sacked. this time around carsley is taking the reins from someone thats moved on after being a relative success. continuity might not be a bad thing with this one

Mucca Mad Boys

i see where some are coming from with this. i think the last time we had a caretaker manager they were following on from someone who had got sacked. this time around carsley is taking the reins from someone thats moved on after being a relative success. continuity might not be a bad thing with this one

Could be, but Carsley may have his own ideas, like Thorn when he came in, however, I don't think it's worth the risk, we should just get a new manager, new ideas implemented before preseason, whether or not we gain promotion, he can entrench his system into the players before the start of 13/14 and hopefully he hit the ground running.

Why delay?

percy

Could be, but Carsley may have his own ideas, like Thorn when he came in, however, I don't think it's worth the risk, we should just get a new manager, new ideas implemented before preseason, whether or not we gain promotion, he can entrench his system into the players before the start of 13/14 and hopefully he hit the ground running.

Why delay?

as you say this season aint over yet. who would you want in ?

Mucca Mad Boys

as you say this season aint over yet. who would you want in ?

I'd approach, reluctantly, Di Canio. As much as I'd like Adkins, it's delusional to think he'll come here (would probably still approach him though) and Coyle, I'd doubt it.

My personal favourite would be Robinson, again, v unlikely, he turned down Blackpool.

Mucca Mad Boys

so no real alternatives to carsley then

You probably could've said before MR came, in fact, I hadn't even considered MR, because I literally forgot about him, until I heard he was in the last 3.

psgm1

Banned
DiCanio has a great record this season, but he had to bring in an awful lot of players to achieve it! I believe he brought in nearly 2 full squads before he settled on his right line up. That will simply not be afforded to him if he came.

covcity4life

i agree....we need stability and it seems carsley has some good ideas on minor changes that the players are responding too

i just think a new manager that might change formation etc may derail our chances

if there is no outstanding candidate maybe TF and SW should hold off till summer?

Ashdown1

Lets take one game at a time, he's one game.......... one win in my eyes. If we at least avoid defeat tomorrow and save face and scrape a win on Saturday I'd keep him at the helm.

Users who are viewing this thread