If you could have one new thing at the Ricoh (3 Viewers)

robbiethemole

This could be a good thing, from Steven Vaughan wasps ceo on sharing:-

"One of the things I've spoken to Lee Blackett about is how we can work together with Coventry City Football Club at best practice, about strength and conditioning, around medical, around analysis, and everything else.

"As many things as we could possibly do to share best practice. It'll be good for them, good for us as well."

that would be a good thing for some of our lads, top medical facilities and strength and conditioning

Sky Blue Harry H

This could be a good thing, from Steven Vaughan wasps ceo on sharing:-

"One of the things I've spoken to Lee Blackett about is how we can work together with Coventry City Football Club at best practice, about strength and conditioning, around medical, around analysis, and everything else.

"As many things as we could possibly do to share best practice. It'll be good for them, good for us as well."

that would be a good thing for some of our lads, top medical facilities and strength and conditioning

Kastaneer marching out onto the Ricoh next season, weighing 22 stone, playing prop for Wasps !!

skybluelee

If we only sold 7k season tickets and averaged about 12k home fans, would you still want the whole ground open?

We averaged 12.5k in 18/19 when we finished mid-table in League 1, with what, an average of less than 1k away fans? You really think we will barely see an increase on that?

Sky Blue Harry H

We averaged 12.5k in 18/19 when we finished mid-table in League 1, with what, an average of less than 1k away fans? You really think we will barely see an increase on that?

I think there will be decent away followings (when allowed) but I actually think it will be difficult to get 15k home fans as regulars (based on recent history) On the positive side, our fan base is currently enthused, people will want to go out and do 'stuff' post lockdown , the pricing is really good, and we are in The Championship (hopefully!) On the negative side, some of the older City fans may still be a bit wary re: initial attendance due to Cov-id concerns, some people are struggling financially, and some people have got out of the habit of going over the last couple of seasons. Plus history shows we have a highish number of fair weather fans. When the whole stadium is open with no restrictions, Iwould expect that our average attendance would be about 17--18k (largely due to a few bumper gates Blues, West Brom etc and a handful of sell out away followings).

aloisijohnnyaloisi

Agreed, I despise Chelsea Dagger with every fibre of me. It would be good to see Twist & Shout given a go, I love that chant.
Yeah agreed, if they insist on playing music when we score they should at least play something with a connection to the club/city.

T&S would be good, but personally I'd love them to play Gangsters by The Specials.

BERNIE RHODES KNOWS DONT ARGUE, DUDUDUDU DUDUDUDUDUDU.

Yes please.

giphy.gif

Great_Expectations

The fact we are back is great news, but definitely some improvements would be a bonus, and the majority seem reasonable. My ideals would be:

1. Bring back the standalone Purity (or another local brewery) bars within the concourse
2. Bring back the Costa (or ideally local coffee shops) standalone stalls within the concourse
3. Give the stadium a spruce up - the concourse is always so dank and dreary - and do this with Sky Blue colours and photos etc of CCFC memories, good times and legends!
4. (Longer shot but) Introduce an app to pre-order drinks/food for HT or even pre game
5. Singing/standing section for those who are so inclined. It isn't my thing (away games are a different story) but it gives those who want to a place to aim for, it avoids issues with Stewards as it is a designated area and avoids arguments in other stands between those who want to and those who do not.

Caveat to the first two; as long as the club get a cut of the revenue and it doesn't go entirely to the standalone stall operators. I don't usually have a drink pre game or HT, but when those two were there I found myself having a coffee or an ale and changing my routine slightly.

• Love
Reactions: TTG

pusbccfc

Depends if we go down.

I think we'll get about 15k home fans most weeks.

oakey

A 'yellow box' keep clear area at the entrances and exits for female toilets with a large 'keep clear' sign as many people like to gather and block these for some reason.

clint van damme

Who remember the half time bowling pin?
Get 5 or 6 supporters dressed up in them and see who can get the furthest.
Run a book on it.

samccov1987

Move the cameras to the other side of the ground so it points towards the Tesco stand, it looked like we has very little fans previously!

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Drives me mad that when we’re on tv, especially as the god awful balcony the other side is always empty.

On another note Wasps have that huge tv in the away end now, not sure how well that will be treated by Milwall and the like.

Gynnsthetonic

No goal music. That was done away with a while ago, can’t be fucked with bringing that back.

Although that intro to Guns of Navarone would be decent post-match (assuming we won, of course).
Used to love the 90s Jingle at HR to let's all sing together i think Jim Twynham read out the scorer, nice and simple.

chiefdave

GET RID OF THE STUPID FENCE YOU HAVE TO WALK AROUND AFTER THE GAME!!!!
Couldn't agree more. The whole crowd dispersal plan from the Ricoh needs looking at. The fence is ridiculous. It blocks people, including those with limited mobility, from getting to their vehicles, it blocks some vehicles from moving at all and there is repeated problems at the end of the fence.

You just get a set of fans on each side of the fence having a go at each other and then suddenly there's no more fence. Not a surprise that there's often trouble.

Also need to look at how they manage the car parks. Before the game you'll see cars driving round trying to find the free spaces, surely more efficient to have the car park attendants directing people to empty spaces rather than just stand around doing nothing.

And leaving after the game seems to be a complete free for all. People trying to create shortcuts and cutting each other up resulting in everything ending up jammed. They also need to stop cars and taxis using Judds Lane for waiting. Ideally you'd get proper traffic management to get people away quickly rather than just relying on the regular lights on the A444 roundabout.

Same on the other side, stop all that rubbish that they can't open the gate onto the A444 because loads of people were getting run over, we all know that isn't true. At most you need a steward there to tell people the gate is opening and to wait.

fernandopartridge

Drives me mad that when we’re on tv, especially as the god awful balcony the other side is always empty.

On another note Wasps have that huge tv in the away end now, not sure how well that will be treated by Milwall and the like.
Used to make me laugh if we conceded a late goal at Highfield Rd to lose a game. Jim Twyneham (RIP) after having smoked 20 fags would mumble something barely audible then you'd just hear the mic click off.

Frank Sidebottom

Couldn't agree more. The whole crowd dispersal plan from the Ricoh needs looking at. The fence is ridiculous. It blocks people, including those with limited mobility, from getting to their vehicles, it blocks some vehicles from moving at all and there is repeated problems at the end of the fence.

You just get a set of fans on each side of the fence having a go at each other and then suddenly there's no more fence. Not a surprise that there's often trouble.

Also need to look at how they manage the car parks. Before the game you'll see cars driving round trying to find the free spaces, surely more efficient to have the car park attendants directing people to empty spaces rather than just stand around doing nothing.

And leaving after the game seems to be a complete free for all. People trying to create shortcuts and cutting each other up resulting in everything ending up jammed. They also need to stop cars and taxis using Judds Lane for waiting. Ideally you'd get proper traffic management to get people away quickly rather than just relying on the regular lights on the A444 roundabout.

Same on the other side, stop all that rubbish that they can't open the gate onto the A444 because loads of people were getting run over, we all know that isn't true. At most you need a steward there to tell people the gate is opening and to wait.

The whole surrounding area of the Ricoh is badly designed for dispersing crowds. It's hemmed in by a dual carriageway, Railway line and an industrial estate on all sides. Causing massive congestion outside the ground whenever there's a crowd above 15k. The A444 (M6 to Holbrook way), Winding house lane and Hen lane should be closed to traffic for 15-20 minutes from the final whistle if crowds are above a certain level.

Covkid1968#

The exhibition hall full of bars / micro breweries and food stands like the German markets at Xmas
That would be awesome....but I just know that my residency in the dogs house, whilst currently quite low will rocket with Shit faced CK68 pitching up at family parties on a Saturday evening

chiefdave

No Wasps logos visible anywhere. That is all. :)
We need new club crests inside the Ricoh so ours are the same size as Wasps. Then just cover up things like the Wasps logos around the pitch, just need some covers to go over them. They look shit anyway, not sure why they added them in the first place.

I'd replace that big Welcome to the Ricoh home of Wasps sign near the JH statue with electronic signage that can be changed depending on the event, could also be used for advertising.

Personally I think that giant Wasps logo on the main entrance to the exhibition halls, corporate, hotel etc looks cheap and tacky. I'd go back to how it was before.

Nick

Administrator
We need new club crests inside the Ricoh so ours are the same size as Wasps. Then just cover up things like the Wasps logos around the pitch, just need some covers to go over them. They look shit anyway, not sure why they added them in the first place.

I'd replace that big Welcome to the Ricoh home of Wasps sign near the JH statue with electronic signage that can be changed depending on the event, could also be used for advertising.

Personally I think that giant Wasps logo on the main entrance to the exhibition halls, corporate, hotel etc looks cheap and tacky. I'd go back to how it was before.

Would be easier inside just to have big screens instead so the logo can be changed instantly between CCFC, Wasps or whatever event was on.

Users who are viewing this thread