If We Lose Tonight? (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

If we lose tonight does SP have to go?

Obviously things matter such as effort and quality but mainly its a results business and I would take going through on penalties after a drab 0-0 over a 4-3 loss in a thriller and played well. Others would prefer just effort and commitment.

I want to find out what you think as I think its an interesting debate.

What if we lose 4-0?

P.S I notice (if genuine) that The ccfc fan owner of Port vale made some interesting comments on the CT website this morning.

Last edited:

Otis

If we lose tonight does SP have to go?

Obviously things matter such as effort and quality but mainly its a results business and I would take going through on penalties after a drab 0-0 over a 4-3 loss in a thriller and played well. Others would prefer just effort and commitment.

I want to find out what you think as I think its an interesting debate.

What if we lose 4-0?

P.S I notice (if genuine) that The ccfc fan owner of Port vale made some interesting comments on the CT website this morning.

Even if we lose 4-0 it will still only be 50% as humiliating as Sunday's defeat.

6 Generations

If we lose, regardless of supporter opinion, Pressley will be judged on the level of player performance.

If that performance is below par then rumours of 'losing the changing room' will all but br confirmed.

Consequently he should fall on his sword.

Incidently, what comments has the Port Vale chap made.? I cannot see anything on th CT website.

Kingokings204

If we lose, regardless of supporter opinion, Pressley will be judged on the level of player performance.

If that performance is below par then rumours of 'losing the changing room' will all but br confirmed.

Consequently he should fall on his sword.

Incidently, what comments has the Port Vale chap made.? I cannot see anything on th CT website.

Thanks for the reply 6 generations. I agree with your post. If he has "lost" the dressing room, God I hate that saying but then it's pointless him staying. 19th in league 1 and out of 2 cup competitions within 3 days to lower league oppositions. Position becomes untenable even though I like the guy.

As for the comments, I can Desrcibe them to you but if you go on the CT website and click on the banter page latest article "questions must be asked" his comments are at the bottom. He is the port vale owner Norman Smurthwaite. I like him. Genuine fan and knows his stuff. He correctly predicted we would be back home this season for example.

stupot07

I'd still give him until Christmas. We're not going to get promoted, so our only concern is relegation. If we don't see a reaction from the players tonight then for me they should be first out the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nick

Administrator
I've got a feeling we are going to get a good win tonight, that's my motivation to sit in the freezing cold and rain later

pusbccfc

Tonights more important than Sunday was, if we lose tonight I'll be more annoyed than I was a few days back.

Kingokings204

Tonights more important than Sunday was, if we lose tonight I'll be more annoyed than I was a few days back.

Yes I agree with that. Why? Because I feel this is a cup we can win and fa cup never in a million years. That's my theory anyway.

Astute

Win or lose, I think 'it's only the JPT' will explain it away for supporters or dissenters.

It is only the JPT. But it is the only thing we have a chance of winning already. So it is all we have left other than a possible relegation battle so is very important to us.

covcity4life

I'd still give him until Christmas. We're not going to get promoted, so our only concern is relegation. If we don't see a reaction from the players tonight then for me they should be first out the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

you do not know that.

stupid thing to say when we in november.

AndreasB

No, I think our owners are stubborn and he won't go whatever the score tonight and indeed, Saturday.

Stubborn? I credited you with a bit more perspective. Turns out you have been around the Shouty Brigade too long.

ajsccfc

It is only the JPT. But it is the only thing we have a chance of winning already. So it is all we have left other than a possible relegation battle so is very important to us.

I'd kill to win it personally, but I could see people brushing it off as unimportant or Mickey Mouse.

Ashdown

If we lose tonight, by Mid November we shall be out of all 3 cup competitions and concentrating on the league from our 19th place in League 1 with a third of the season gone. I've seen better days !

chiefdave

I don't think losing makes his position untenable but after that speech yesterday if they lose with a performance similar to Saturday then he could be worrying about getting a call from Fisher or Waggot. If the players show no response what can he do to turn things around other than shipping them all out and completely rebuilding the team again.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
We don't need knee jerk reactions and whether you call them stubborn or not in my opinion it is very unlikely CCFC would sack SP now even if we did lose . Personally not in favour of a change at the moment, there is still time for SP and for him to change the results around.

Tonight will not be easy though. Plymouth won six of their last eight games drawing the other two and are 12 places behind us sixth in L2. They will be confident and confidence and belief is something we lack a little of.

Up to the players now ........

Kingokings204

If we get beat 4-0 tonight then I have to say my opinion is he should go. Tonight is huge really. Win it 4-0 and a lot will be forgotten such is football but lose and his position becomes untenable for mine.

I really want SP to succeed and I loved the interview yesterday but keep losing football matches and you will go sooner than later.

Brendan Rogers has only been given this long at Liverpool due to a fantastic last season but he will have to go if he keeps on losing football matches. That's football. He ironically lost his star striker also and replaced him with shit also.

Last edited:

Monners

If we get beat 4-0 tonight then I have to say my opinion is he should go. Tonight is huge really. Win it 4-0 and a lot will be forgotten such is football but lose and his position becomes untenable for mine.

I really want SP to succeed and I loved the interview yesterday but keep losing football matches and you will go sooner than later.

Brendan Rogers has only Ben given this long at Liverpool due to a fantastic last season but he to will go if he keeps on losing football matches. That's football. He ironically lost his star striker also and replaced him with shit also.

Although Liverpool mix in different circles to us, that is a useful comparison to make. In addition, he also can't find a formation that suit his players.

I actually think the JPT has become very important to our season - can give the players an focus (although they shouldn't need one) and bring the squad together a bit more perhaps. More importantly, the fans need something to cheer about too!

Terry Gibson's perm

If we lose tonight somebody has to go either Fisher,Waggott or Pressley but I don't think it will matter as we will win 4-1

nicksig

He's just signed a long term contract. Looks like he's here to stay. I guess we might win a few games in the conference (but I'm not banking on it)

Covstu

Although Liverpool mix in different circles to us, that is a useful comparison to make. In addition, he also can't find a formation that suit his players.

I actually think the JPT has become very important to our season - can give the players an focus (although they shouldn't need one) and bring the squad together a bit more perhaps. More importantly, the fans need something to cheer about too!

Yep Liverpool lost two top strikers like us but the small fact they alos invested around £100M on their squad!

Covstu

Its sad that we are talkign about losing 4-0 but it typifies where we are as a club at present. Sometimes it has to hit a complete low to make it better, this result would affect that as the Worcester defeat has put us at our lowest point so far, the only thing to top that would be relegation but lets pray they dont wait until then to make decisions.

For what its worth, i think we will win 3-1 tonight. If the players dont turn out then they should all be heading to the exit.

jimmyhillsfanclub

If he gets no reaction (or a bad one) from the players after sunday...then he should play the kids from the U21 & academy sides in the following league fixture & stick the "seasoned Pro's" on ballboy duty......the twats.

Colonel Mustard

The performance should be better tonight. The banished players should be dropped, and loyalists/those with something to prove should be on the pitch. Pressley, whether tonight or last month or next month, should never be judged on a result but on a performance. If the team is still limp after the SP rage, well, trouble looms.

Hobo

I've got a feeling we are going to get a good win tonight, that's my motivation to sit in the freezing cold and rain later

Like the feeling you had we would beat Worcester 6-0? I feel full of confidence now.

LB87ccfc

This will not be an easy game by any stretch, they are tight at the back and good through the midfield., they are coming brimming with confidence and will be thinking our confidence has took a battering were their for the taking.

Up to our lot to truely show they want to be part of this football club tonight and earn their wages.

letsallsingtogether

TBF I was annoyed / embarrassed on Sunday but in the real world we never stood a chance of winning the FA Cup.
However we do have a chance in this Cup so it really has to be a win.

I believe they will feel the full backlash of our embarrassment tonight and it may even kick start our season.

Come on City

Users who are viewing this thread