If the club can't own the Stadium.... (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueDaz

....can the stadium own the club?

Im not a business minded person and dont know much about the technical side of things! But if ACL were to issue a winding up order to CCFC, and the club ended up in administration, could ACL themselves pick up the peices and purchase CCFC? Then arrange some sort of deal for the club to take on the Higgs shares in the stadium.

Could be a million miles away with this idea, but just a thought!

skyblueman

Im not a business minded person and dont know much about the technical side of things! But if ACL were to issue a winding up order to CCFC, and the club ended up in administration, could ACL themselves pick up the peices and purchase CCFC? Then arrange some sort of deal for the club to take on the Higgs shares in the stadium.

That would have the Council owning everything then - not sure that's gonna fly

Ashdown1

An institution that has circa 150,000 frequent and infrequent { Lapsed} customers on its database will always be of interest to any sound businessmen. Put simply, the two things crippling CCFC are its historical debts and its current overheads { of which the rent is only part of the problem}. Someone coming in fresh with debts wiped out and an ability to renegotiate all existing contracts and liabilities could make a killing.

SkyBlueCharlie

The simple answer is yes...but would they want to?

Lord_Nampil

The one thing i was thinking about was if the Higgs trust swapped there share of the ground with a % of CCFC?? The Higgs trust could then obtain there £8 million (my uncle was a share holder and told me that was the figure of the 50%) back once SISU sell the club!

Its probably very unrealistic, but has it even crossed Sisus mind?? Tim Fisher has already said there's shares available!

Danceswithhorses

I believe the Higgs Trust have quite strict guidelines on selling their stake, so swapping it for a stake in a valueless football club would be hugely unlikely

Users who are viewing this thread