"If I take my eye off the ball that's it"! (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

Thorn keeping out of the politics
Coventry City manager Andy Thorn is not letting himself become embroilled in the battle against SISU.
Speaking to Midlands Today, Andy Thorn said: "I don't want to get caught up in the politics of it, because if I take my eye off the ball that's it.
"It is important that I stay focused, the players stay focused to achieve what we want to achieve."

Good choice of words Thorny. Seems to me that all this SISU stuff is started to make even the nicest of people like Thorny begin to start clenching fists under tables, just by the mere mention of SISU. :slap:

kg82

Unfortunately, I have no doubt that all the behind the scenes trouble HAS affected some players. Not an excuse for the position we're in, but I don't think it's helped.

wingy

Agreed KG ,you only have to transpose these conditions to any of our places of work to know the uncertainty it can create ,coupled with a reduction in resources , or removal of that piece of technology /tool you rely on day in day out ,but still expected to achieve the same end product

kg82

Agreed KG ,you only have to transpose these conditions to any of our places of work to know the uncertainty it can create ,coupled with a reduction in resources , or removal of that piece of technology /tool you rely on day in day out ,but still expected to achieve the same end product

Of course. And if the alleged touting of certain players has been going on another factor is added.

ICHAN

A continuation from there wingy if you don't mind?:thinking about: also at any place of work or alike if someone is not performing as they should do if they have been there a while and not helping out or pulling there weight as they should know better.
Another problem is, is that whatever you do for a living or hobby clicky groups do happen and the people stick together it's a fact of life I suppose, and if you have a work collegue or friend and they are not being treated fair for whatever reason then it's human nature to not try your hardest for whatever it is that you may do.

ICHAN

Another problem is, proberly more so in football than an ordinary job is ultra ego's more so nowadays (prime example bellamy).

Users who are viewing this thread