If City Fans Were Restaurant Customers (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

We'd go somewhere else. But, guess what? We're not.

Someone, please feel free to start a thread on the old chesnut of comparing football with going to the cinema. Always a good one that.

bigfatronssba

Something that really annoys me with the modern game. Football owners are expected to run the club like an ordinary business, yet fans are described as disloyal for treating the club in the same way.

Its sickening how football supporters have their loyalty abused in this way.

Otis

We'd go somewhere else. But, guess what? We're not.

Someone, please feel free to start a thread on the old chesnut of comparing football with going to the cinema. Always a good one that.

Like, if we were a film we'd be A Nightmare on Elm Street?

Or maybe if you were talking in terms of watching a City performance, The Big Sleep?

Ian1779

Something that really annoys me with the modern game. Football owners are expected to run the club like an ordinary business, yet fans are described as disloyal for treating the club in the same way.

The same fans that expect a football club to live way beyond it means to chase the dream?

Grendel

Football fans in no way act like ordinary consumers of a product.

SkyBlueSid

Like, if we were a film we'd be A Nightmare on Elm Street?

Or maybe if you were talking in terms of watching a City performance, The Big Sleep?

I think we would be 'Plan 9 From Outer Space', often regarded as the worst film ever made. It's so bad it's laughable, which fits in with some recent performances.

Grendel

I think we would be 'Plan 9 From Outer Space', often regarded as the worst film ever made. It's so bad it's laughable, which fits in with some recent performances.

Wasn't that the one Bela Lugossi was billed as a star but died before the film was made?

SkyBlueSid

I remember watching it in Channel 4's worst films season a few years ago. I think Lugosi died during filming but it was so low budget they couldn't re-shoot. So they used an extra to fill in, shielding his face with a cloak. Really worth a watch after a few beers!

blend

This restaurant used to be packed I cannot believe the customers have given up on it even though they now serve up shit each and every week. They even sold off all the cutlery! The customers should realise that these are difficult times, fancy not supporting your favourite restaurant! Tut Tut! I'm here every week me!

ccfcway

We'd go somewhere else. But, guess what? We're not

I'd go for CCFC being WIMPY.

A lot of people liked them in the 80's, but knew they weren't that good.

Now, all that is left is memories or a disappointing visit when you knew what you would get before you walked in, but just couldn't help it.

Nick

Administrator
If we were restaurant customers we would demand we only pay £5 for a 5 course meal and demand that it is from a Michelin Star chef!

skybluetony176

If we were restaurant customers we would demand we only pay £5 for a 5 course meal and demand that it is from a Michelin Star chef!

Are you comparing what was served up yesterday or at any point in recent history as a five course Michelin star equivalent of football?

Nick

Administrator
Are you comparing what was served up yesterday or at any point in recent history as a five course Michelin star equivalent of football?

Quite clearly not. I was referring to the fact that people want to pay as little as possible or they won't go but then expect high quality.

ccfcway

Nick, how can you be so far off the pace ?

You only had to see the buzz of the place when we "could" "possibly" get to Wembley in the JPT. 30k plas turning up and many fighting for tickets.

The final barely gets that normally, as its a tin pot competition where many lower league teams have competed in and got to Wembley.

We are not demanding Michelin star. We'd happily settle for a £4.99 all you can eat if its edible, and occasionally, you get something that tastes quite nice.

How can we demand Michelin star, when we have only ever had "little chef"

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Nick, how can you be so far off the pace ?

You only had to see the buzz of the place when we "could" "possibly" get to Wembley in the JPT. 30k plau turning up and many fighting for tickets.

The final barely gets that normally.

We are demanding Michelin star. We'd happily settle for a £4.99 all you can eat if its edible, and occasionally, you get something that tastes quite nice.

I don't know, I am still too busy going mad over a restaurant moving that I never ate in anyway. They have moved back now, but I am still not going to go as they are too expensive anyway.

ccfc92

Quite clearly not. I was referring to the fact that people want to pay as little as possible or they won't go but then expect high quality.

But what about those that pay £22 and get poor quality?

It's a constant cycle with CCFC :(

We need money to get the funds for good players, but the fans aren't turning up and spending money to watch poor players...

ccfcway

I don't know, I am still too busy going mad over a restaurant moving that I never ate in anyway. They have moved back now, but I am still not going to go as they are too expensive anyway.

a little guilty of thinking that this forum represents all ccfc fans ?

many have gone and wont come back. They wont moan about price, stands being closed etc. Their club was taken away and they have filled that gap. I don't agree with their lack of fight, but certainly understand it.

ccfcway

And lets face it, "free" would be too expensive, given what we are having to pay to watch at the moment,

skybluetony176

Don't be a knob every day of your life. Take a day off once in a while.

letsallsingtogether

But we are not paying as little as possible are we and as for the quality well we all know what we are watching.

keep hearing we have the best budget in this league Blah Blah Blah,
yet we have the worst team so come on explain that to the stay aways? We have spent nothing of our massive budget and expect 18 year olds to do it for us week in week out sorry it isn't happening:mad:
Not everyone is prepared to put up with that shit.

I mean Bristol had nearly 4,000 here yesterday yet are struggling to get 12,000 for home games and are yet to be defeated and top of the league.

How many would we have it that was us? well I will bet anyone it would be a damn site more then 12,000.

dongonzalos

We have had two Michelin star chefs in my life time Keane and Dublin

I was more than happy to pay the £20.00 then to be fair.

Now it feels like paying twenty quid for some who won come fine with me ;)

Users who are viewing this thread