Idea for the Trust (1 Viewer)

edgy

Maybe the Trust could use some of our £1s to have a banner of some sort made up for the SBA who choose to travel to Northampton.

“THIS IS NOT OUR HOME”

Or something like that?

Sisued

If I go can I get a free banner please?

Only joking, I like the idea of those attending still protesting.

CJ_covblaze

Thanks for the idea Edgy. One of our board runs a printing business in Barnsley so banners ect are very easy to get hold of.

Btw (sorry Nick for the shameless plug and please feel free to remove if I've stepped over a line) if anyone wants that type of service DM me and I'll pass on your details.

On our board we have a wide range of businesses from printing to sports management & marketing to sports/dance coaching. We'll always do our best to give other City fans the best deal and help them out as much as possible! :)

ajsccfc

If you've got access to dance coaching, surely it's cue for a protest via interpretive dance, incorporating all that ribbon. Now that would be fabulous.

CJ_covblaze

Again great idea! Unfortunately the kids we teach on the dance side of things are not in the Coventry (or Northampton) area. Also most of them are 3-6 years old lol

shmmeee

Again great idea! Unfortunately the kids we teach on the dance side of things are not in the Coventry (or Northampton) area. Also most of them are 3-6 years old lol

Saying "we" makes me think of AshbyJan et al in tutus...

Steve B17

Absolutely agree with this. Get something on the bridge over the motorway as you drive from Cov to Northamption.

ajsccfc

I hope the Ricoh game is going to be more a celebration of the past than anger towards the present.

Sutty

Good idea this. Fans all have different thoughts on what is best to do about games in Northampton, but all fans are behind keeping the club in Coventry. Instead of all our eggs being in one basket we should use all avenues to get our message across.

Far more productive than just writing off fans at Sixfields as 'scabs' or 'scum' or 'SISU rent boys' or 'not real fans'.

ajsccfc

It's pretty relevant to the Northampton game though as many see it as the alternative way to protest in a sense. I'd like it to be in the form of pretending there is no game in Northampton and just concentrating on the Coronation Street killer and his mazy dribbling.

I wonder how many of the 1025 tickets sold so far are to people who intend to chain themselves to goalposts, invade the pitch and generally disrupt the game? Therefore not actually purchased for footballing purposes. I'm sure I'm wrong but there may well be a few!

CJ_covblaze

Saying "we" makes me think of AshbyJan et al in tutus...

I can assure you Jan, TurkeyTrot and Michael don't work for me while wearing leotards/frilly pink dresses.

Not saying anything about their/my standard Friday night outfits though ;-)

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

That was done on Wednesday with the ribbons over M6 watch this space....................................
Absolutely agree with this. Get something on the bridge over the motorway as you drive from Cov to Northamption.

SuperCov

Correct me if I'm wrong. I thought the 'fighting fund' was to help save the club if the worst happens? Not make banners.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

shmmeee

What does it say?

Should get a few, I imagine there's enough space to lay a few out.

Cameras showing a bunch of KCIC slogans would get the message on every highlights show, which is more coverage than most of the protests including the march got.

Can I suggest:
"This is not our home" x 4
"Keep Coventry in Coventry" x 4
And put them strategically so almost any crowd shot has them in.

Also, can we have "Has anyone seen our Joy?" or similar or is that too contentious?

lordsummerisle

Why not do a "Jarrow March" type thing from The Ricoh to Sixfields?

With less Geordie accents and real poverty obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread