I trust Mark Robins (1 Viewer)

SkyblueTexan

I really like him as a person and think he’s genuinely a good guy and wants the best for the team. Unfortunately, his players are letting him down and if we don’t turn a corner and continue sliding down, what happens? Will DK persist with MR and co even if we go down or will he wield the axe? Right now I’m just thinking of survival which is a major shift from dreaming about the playoffs - I don’t know if this team is capable of turning a corner like Middlesboro and going on a monster run. I don’t see it happening after watching so many matches where we’ve not changed much in the way we play, seriously lack a cutting edge and seem to be losing confidence with each game.

Brighton Sky Blue

I really like him as a person and think he’s genuinely a good guy and wants the best for the team. Unfortunately, his players are letting him down and if we don’t turn a corner and continue sliding down, what happens? Will DK persist with MR and co even if we go down or will he wield the axe? Right now I’m just thinking of survival which is a major shift from dreaming about the playoffs - I don’t know if this team is capable of turning a corner like Middlesboro and going on a monster run. I don’t see it happening after watching so many matches where we’ve not changed much in the way we play, seriously lack a cutting edge and seem to be losing confidence with each game.
Boro didn’t magically turn a corner, they just signed players in positions they needed and then played to their strengths.

Gint11

Not sure MR knows his best team nor the right style for the 11 we put out. We are not used to being possession based so he’s right in that it will need time but what’s the point in having the ball if we can’t penetrate defenses. Why aren’t we? The players we have aren’t doing it or maybe not quite good enough to do it. I would urgently revert to type. Back to giving up possession, box formation and FAST countering. See where that goes.

I trust in Robins still and he deserves the time but at the moment, I’m questioning his game management and his substitutes.

Great_Expectations

No mate, we’ve had a few shit games and MR personally signed off on all transfers. Can the last few years; means nothing.

The world is ending.

Get him out.

Gint11

For me the only way he leaves is if we are going to get relegated, at the moment I don't think we will

Maybe but credit in the bank only lasts so long and stranger things have happened in football hasn’t it.

slowpoke

Agree, we have these games now and again, remember Stoke last season 0-4 could have been 6, getting hammered home to Norwich 2-4 and losing the 3-0 lead v Swansea, still made the play-offs, couple of seasons back again v Rotherham 0-4 hammering and losing at home to bottom of the league Tranmere but still went up and who will ever forget Yeovil 2-6, shit happens, let’s see where we are at the end of December, personally I think we will be okay & near the top end. We have the squad and players.

This championship is a strange division all sorts of odd results most weeks.

DionDublinsJockstrap

I trust MR. What nobody should ever forget is that this man took us from the depths of tier 4 to a penalty shootout from the Premier League. He is in the same managerial league as Jimmy Hill. Is it too difficult to accept that this might be the first season he doesn’t improve our league standing. He’s done it in the most part with the SISU handcuffs on. We should all be begging him to stay

covboy9

I trust in robins our recruitment team have let him down big time

team has lost its identity the possession based stuff isn’t going to work with these players , I’m ok with formation we have to play 3 centre backs cos of how many we have but we going to have to be more direct now

Matt smith

I trust in robins our recruitment team have let him down big time

team has lost its identity the possession based stuff isn’t going to work with these players , I’m ok with formation we have to play 3 centre backs cos of how many we have but we going to have to be more direct now
It’s not the possession based football that’s the main problem

it’s the identity of the team, not just the style

Boicey

Robins is responsible for the team including any recruitment. He has said so himself.
He isn’t a magician. He can only work with the players we have. And unfortunately the players he brought in this Summer are largely relatively poor.
If he can offload Wright and Ayari and bring in a couple of decent players in January hopefully he can get a decent first team together and push on. Until then it’s gonna be a bumpy ride.

Chris1987

I find myself with conflicting views. I want to trust a guy who has worked miracles at this club under hugely adverse circumstances. What I find rather confusing is the reluctance to try something different when things clearly are not working. This inflexibility needs to change and change soon in my opinion. Any player criticism needs to be kept behind closed doors, it serves no useful purpose whatsoever to wash dirty linen in public. It's the scouting side that concerns me most and the assumption that the final sign off on these new players is down to Robins. Yes more time is needed to make a fair assessment of them but there has to be a significant upturn in performance from them.
Hopefully come January the obvious midfield problem is attempted to be resolved .

Matt smith

I find myself with conflicting views. I want to trust a guy who has worked miracles at this club under hugely adverse circumstances. What I find rather confusing is the reluctance to try something different when things clearly are not working. This inflexibility needs to change and change soon in my opinion. Any player criticism needs to be kept behind closed doors, it serves no useful purpose whatsoever to wash dirty linen in public. It's the scouting side that concerns me most and the assumption that the final sign off on these new players is down to Robins. Yes more time is needed to make a fair assessment of them but there has to be a significant upturn in performance from them.
Hopefully come January the obvious midfield problem is attempted to be resolved .
Midfield problem is no Allen o hare or Palmer at the same time too as well as the 8

ccfc1234

Robins is responsible for the team including any recruitment. He has said so himself.
He isn’t a magician. He can only work with the players we have. And unfortunately the players he brought in this Summer are largely relatively poor.
If he can offload Wright and Ayari and bring in a couple of decent players in January hopefully he can get a decent first team together and push on. Until then it’s gonna be a bumpy ride.
Big move to the MLS might not be implausible 5 million or so?

procdoc

I can’t wait for your idiotic comments to be proven wrong. You’re the most clueless idiot on here, never once offered a tactical insight in your life and your understanding of the game is like a child’s

Boicey

I can’t wait for your idiotic comments to be proven wrong. You’re the most clueless idiot on here, never once offered a tactical insight in your life and your understanding of the game is like a child’s
Calm down cockjock you’ll blow a fuse.

SkyblueTexan

Agree, we have these games now and again, remember Stoke last season 0-4 could have been 6, getting hammered home to Norwich 2-4 and losing the 3-0 lead v Swansea, still made the play-offs, couple of seasons back again v Rotherham 0-4 hammering and losing at home to bottom of the league Tranmere but still went up and who will ever forget Yeovil 2-6, shit happens, let’s see where we are at the end of December, personally I think we will be okay & near the top end. We have the squad and players.

This championship is a strange division all sorts of odd results most weeks.
I feel that circumstances were different then to what they are now. We had an identity and a way of playing then that we lack now. Those were kind of one off results we could chalk off to one thing or another. Stoke were very good at the time we got smashed 4-0 and they were doing the same to other good teams (ie beating Sunderland 5-1 away). Norwich have had our number the last few seasons and though the defeats to them were heavy it wasn’t a total disgrace like losing 2-0 to Rotherham who’ve just lost to Sheff Wed. We didn’t have Fadz for the 3-3 draw with Swansea and he was so instrumental last season along with Hamer and Gyokeres. Generally we were playing well and had great team chemistry when we had these one off blips. The problem now is we are playing like shit, have no identity, don’t know how to score or when our next goal will come, are toothless upfront. leaking poor goals, losing confidence, lacking cohesion/understanding/chemistry etc etc. So I am genuinely concerned.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

I feel that circumstances were different then to what they are now. We had an identity and a way of playing then that we lack now. Those were kind of one off results we could chalk off to one thing or another. Stoke were very good at the time we got smashed 4-0 and they were doing the same to other good teams (ie beating Sunderland 5-1 away). Norwich have had our number the last few seasons and though the defeats to them were heavy it wasn’t a total disgrace like losing 2-0 to Rotherham who’ve just lost to Sheff Wed. We didn’t have Fadz for the 3-3 draw with Swansea and he was so instrumental last season along with Hamer and Gyokeres. Generally we were playing well and had great team chemistry when we had these one off blips. The problem now is we are playing like shit, have no identity, don’t know how to score or when our next goal will come, are toothless upfront. leaking poor goals, losing confidence, lacking cohesion/understanding/chemistry etc etc. So I am genuinely concerned.
Careful there, someone will come along suggesting you support another club…

sotvtoday

So why did they lose so many at first? Didn't sign anyone after sept 1st did they?

IF we beat wba we would be 3pts behind them. Hardly two very different club fortunes.
Simply for balance - If we lose we'll be 9 points behind.
We're 19 points off 2nd place.

skybluecam

Our identity and way of playing was largely to sit deep with essentially 6/7 defensive players, then pass to Hamer/Gyokeres and let them do their thing. Much simpler tactically than whatever Robins seems to be trying now.

Users who are viewing this thread