I think the new manager may well have a relegation battle on his hands. (1 Viewer)

sky_blue_up_north

I think you may be right. Unless the new manager can galvanise this group of players, were stuffed. There is a total lack of desire when we go a goal down needs to be addressed, when was the last time we came back to win a game after going a goal down.

idris65

I think you may be right. Unless the new manager can galvanise this group of players, were stuffed. There is a total lack of desire when we go a goal down needs to be addressed, when was the last time we came back to win a game after going a goal down.

Birmingham a couple of weeks ago. Lol.

dantheman

No I don't think so.At the moment we are in the mire but Waggott stated there is money for loans to add the pace tempo and width that everyone is talking about.I would settle for consolidation and a push next season personally.

skybluedaze

We've got to stop talking about relegation and just take it one game at a time. I thought the players AT brought in were ok and that at worse the club would be sat in mid table. Clearly these players aren't as good as i thought, and even if they are, it appears they have been affected very quickly by the negativity that surrounds the club. The new manager will take it one game at a time and so should we. Work needs to be done from front to back in training and then needs to be successfully transferred to the pitch on match day. Maybe the current coaches are to blame? They have to take some accountability. Afterall, they have been with the club for a considerable amount of time. New training and coaching methods must be needed. Hopefully the new manager will bring the methods that the current set of lads will respond to. It'll probably mean defending from the front and nicking the odd goal to get the club moving up the table. It might not be pretty, but if it means bringing back a winning mentality, then so be it. It's all about getting a POSITIVE result, each time we play, then the league table will look after itself.

sky_blue_up_north

Perryccfc

No chance. If we were top we would be saying, it's a long season, take each game as it comes, could just be a lucky start. We will be top half no problem. Don't think we will get promoted but 9th/10th. I'd take that. I'd have taken it at the start of the season

Tad

Yup. I'd say we are. Knew it was going to be tough in this league, no easy games.

skybluedaze

Three loanees would be good. A more creative midfielder, a winger with a bit of pace and the ability to cross, and a utility defender that can play anywhere at the back. Not asking for much eh?!

Lord_Nampil

The new man has 3 jobs to do!

1./ Bring in 3 players 2 pacey wide players and a left back
2./ Install confidence in the whole team tell them how good they are (even if we think differently) allow them to express them selfs on the pitch!!!
3./ Build the confidence back into the supports and bring us all going in the same direction!

Does he have a relegation battle on his hand, after 6 games, maybe but the seasons 46 games long! a few yrs ago after 8 games Spurs were bottom with 2 points and finished in the top 6! Yes there in the prem yes they have better players than us, but they also were playing against better players than we will! Installed confidence in this league will allow us to progress IMO, we do that and the fans buy into it (which is very important) then we will rise up the league!

RichieGunns

I don't believe so.

New manager has access to the loans market and can bring in the players we need to make our team work.

He needs to galvanise these current players also and i believe this will happen.

Put on a decent run of results and when we get to January Transfer window, get rid of chaff, sign the loan players on perminants if they've earned it (including McGoldrick in this) and bring in other perminant signings to replace those leaving the club!

So no relegation in my eyes, maybe if we're lucky, we'll get into the playoffs...

Users who are viewing this thread