I just dont get this "withholding rent" thing (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Thats the problem Torch, we are tumbling down the leagues with them !!

League Two club owned by SISU or League Two club owned by someone else. Tough decision

Who else? Anyone in mind?

ccfcway

Remember, these are the guys that want us in the premiership.

We could be a lot closer to no-league in the coming months

torchomatic

I tell you what. In a years time if we are in L2 then I will hold my hands up and say "I was wrong".

However, there's two months before this season even starts yet. OK, so their track record isn't good - an understatement, I know! But, FFS give the club and team a chance to compete. What's the point if fans are giving up EIGHT WEEKS before the new campaign has even kicked off.

Unless you've borrowed a crystal ball, of course.

Thats the problem Torch, we are tumbling down the leagues with them !!

League Two club owned by SISU or League Two club owned by someone else. Tough decision

ccfcway

I tell you what. In a years time if we are in L2 then I will hold my hands up and say "I was wrong".

However, there's two months before this season even starts yet. OK, so their track record isn't good - an understatement, I know! But, FFS give the club and team a chance to compete. What's the point if fans are giving up EIGHT WEEKS before the new campaign has even kicked off.

Unless you've borrowed a crystal ball, of course.

Not need to wait till the end of the season pal. SISU have publically said that they extended the early bird till 30th June so fans have plebnty of time after trhe embargo is listed to come to an informed decision about buying a season ticket.

13 days to go.

Lets revisit this in 2 weeks after they have done what they said the will do.

torchomatic

If there WAS someone else then that would be great, but there ain't. And not likely to be.

Who else? Anyone in mind?

torchomatic

But, that's the thing isn't it? Worth the risk? Would you want to me a non-league team? Not me. Pal.

whilst SISU are in charge !

torchomatic

IN two weeks time, lifted embargo or not, we won't be an L2 side as you state we will be.

Not need to wait till the end of the season pal. SISU have publically said that they extended the early bird till 30th June so fans have plebnty of time after trhe embargo is listed to come to an informed decision about buying a season ticket.

13 days to go.

Lets revisit this in 2 weeks after they have done what they said the will do.

dongonzalos

ccfcway, I agree with your view that we are tumbling down the league under the current owners current strategy anyway.

I believe their biggest cost is player wages. I believe they think attendances will be not much different between league one or league two and it is more important to them to get the wages down, relegation to league two will help achieve this.

I don't think they necessarily want relegation to league two, however I don't think it will cause them concern as it will just reduce costs and speed up a push towards break even point.

I recently believed administration was the way forward in order to remove SISU and be free of their loans, I was previously trying to get to the bottom of why certain people thought it was not a good option.

However by discussing what it would actually mean if we took this move. It seems the process in reality, would all be under the control of SISU anyway and would not lead to the desired effect you would hope for, unfortunately.

ccfcway

Didnt say we would be LeagueTwo in two weeks.

SISU have made the promises of activity in the next 13 days.

Lets see.

torchomatic

Yep, let's see.

ccfcway

ccfcway, I agree with your view that we are tumbling down the league under the current owners current strategy anyway.

I believe their biggest cost is player wages. I believe they think attendances will be not much different between league one or league two and it is more important to them to get the wages down, relegation to league two will help achieve this.

I don't think they necessarily want relegation to league two, however I don't think it will cause them concern as it will just reduce costs and speed up a push towards break even point.

I recently believed administration was the way forward in order to remove SISU and be free of their loans, I was previously trying to get to the bottom of why certain people thought it was not a good option.

However by discussing what it would actually mean if we took this move. It seems the process in reality, would all be under the control of SISU anyway and would not lead to the desired effect you would hope for, unfortunately.

Catch 22 then i suppose. Tumble down the leagues with SISU in charge, or head straight down the leagues with SISU in charge.

ccfcway

Yep, let's see.

Just so we are clear on this Torch. Nothing would give me greater satisfaction than hearing from you in 2 weeks time, saying....

"well, embargo was lifted. The 4 signings look like they will help with a promotion push, and the promise of more signings to boost the squad means we could actually bounce back at the 1st attempt"

No investment in the past 12 months, and with 13 days they are about to do enough to make me buy a season ticket

I hope your right pal.

torchomatic

How many owners have CCFC had over the years do you reckon? Some good, some bad. We are undoubtedly in a terrible state and playing at the lowest level for 40 years. However, things were shit under Richardson too and Inow look back on that and think "thank God we're out of his clutches". We will, hopefully, be saying the same things in a few years time about SISU. I, for one, aren't prepared to throw away 129 years of history just to get rid of a bunch of twatty owners. The Club is more important than they are and it will be here long after they have gone.

dongonzalos

Catch 22 then i suppose. Tumble down the leagues with SISU in charge, or head straight down the leagues with SISU in charge.

Seems to be the case unfortunately mate, if the likes of OSB are right. Which he does seem to be right on most things.

Although an administrator calls a lot of the shots, it seems actions taken by SISU have ensured that they still have a massive say in the matter and probably would not allow what we would wish to happen, to actually happen.

This is my simplistic view of the way it has been explained to me, that it would pan out.

torchomatic

Oh, I see, so you're going to here from me? If the embargo is lifted and we start to sign players then what will you be saying?

There has obviously been some investment as they have kept paying the wages and the rent. Well, until now anyway!

It's funny isn't how it comes down to individuals on message boards? It seems like you're almost saying that it's up to me whether the embargo is listed or not. I bet if it isn't then you'll be straight on here quoting me, a la LBB.

Just so we are clear on this Torch. Nothing would give me greater satisfaction than hearing from you in 2 weeks time, saying....

"well, embargo was lifted. The 4 signings look like they will help with a promotion push, and the promise of more signings to boost the squad means we could actually bounce back at the 1st attempt"

No investment in the past 12 months, and with 13 days they are about to do enough to make me buy a season ticket

I hope your right pal.

ccfcway

So, administration would mean the administrator would have to put any offers to the creditors. If ARVO are the creditors, they could just refuse the offer.

Sh1te

Last edited:

ccfcway

Oh, I see, so you're going to here from me? If the embargo is lifted and we start to sign players then what will you be saying?

There has obviously been some investment as they have kept paying the wages and the rent. Well, until now anyway!

It's funny isn't how it comes down to individuals on message boards? It seems like you're almost saying that it's up to me whether the embargo is listed or not. I bet if it isn't then you'll be straight on here quoting me, a la LBB.

being a bit silly now arent we ?

I hope you are correct. That simple. SISU have promised activity in the next 13 days.

Users who are viewing this thread