I have a feeling Thorn will be gone tomorrow... (1 Viewer)

CCFC123

...standing aside for somebody else to have a go. I would imagine the 24 hours since Saturday to chew it over will make him do the honarable thing.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Ho hum...................... :sleep:

Astute

I have a feeling I have read something like this nearly every day for ages. I also have a feeling that someone will get it right within the next six months.

I am behund AT. I am behind our team. They are all we have. I will be behind them until we have them no longer.

Sky Blue Sheepy

I'm not 100% sure what Thorn did so wrong this time. Surely having no fitness coach is costing us at the end. Anyone who plays football will tell you that tiredness affects judgement too so surely this is playing a big part in our last minute errors...

Senior Vick from Alicante

"Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes." Reflecting on England's exit from Euro 2000. A famous Brian Clough quote, and you can't say he didn't know what he was talking about. If he walks we will only get a manager on the cheap, the same if he is sacked, IMO you cant polish a turd and who ever is in the hot seat will have to do exactly that at the minute. PUSB.

Grendel

"Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes." Reflecting on England's exit from Euro 2000. A famous Brian Clough quote, and you can't say he didn't know what he was talking about. If he walks we will only get a manager on the cheap, the same if he is sacked, IMO you cant polish a turd and who ever is in the hot seat will have to do exactly that at the minute. PUSB.

I am not sure in 2000 he did know what he was talking about.

OyJimmy

Not sure we should sack Thorn now we are effectively down. At least he knows our players and can remould the team for next season. Maybe this time we should stick it out and pray that we can bounce back up with a young side.

stupot07

Not sure we should sack Thorn now we are effectively down. At least he knows our players and can remould the team for next season. Maybe this time we should stick it out and pray that we can bounce back up with a young side.

I agree.

[puts tin hat on and ducks]

Otis

Remould the team? How? Most of the players will be gone and it will be a complete rebuilding process.

Nonleagueherewecome

I have a feeling im going to have a shit in a minute, coincidence?

I've only just logged on, and I'm feeling similar stirrings..time to "log out" :p

Nonleagueherewecome

That's much better.

Ccfcsj

My faith in Andy Thorn was severly tested at the weekend. Not only because we lost (although coming out of the game I felt so low and wanted him gone) but because of his post match interview. So many I don't know whys. If he doesn't know why what chance have we got.

Nonleagueherewecome

Last time he made a fist of explaining the late goals he concluded that the players have been told enough what they were doing wrong and how to put it right, but they simply aren't good enough to put it into practise consistently.

The only defensive strengthening we've had since then is Herman, who is hardly a Platinum solution..and he was injured Saturday, too. You don't really need me to say how bad Wood was defensively on Saturday; Clarke is months of full fitness, Willis no way near ready, Keogh had his worst game of the season, and Cranies weakness is his concentration.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The only defensive strengthening we've had since then is Herman, who is hardly a Platinum solution..and he was injured Saturday, too. You don't really need me to say how bad Wood was defensively on Saturday; Clarke is months of full fitness, Willis no way near ready, Keogh had his worst game of the season, and Cranies weakness is his concentration.

totally agree with that. Was a bad day for the team all round - only one that came out with real credit was Platt imo

I also dont think there is a strong enough leader on the pitch to get the defensive message across during the game. AT might be telling the players the right things but in the "panic" at end of games no one enforces it

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Kudos to Cranie for the Baresi-dribble that led to the FK, but it kinda summed up his strengths versus his weaknesses (cultured versus defensive solidity). I'd have loved a fit McPake-type who just loves defending, but that ship has long sailed. Wood is just too much of a donkey (and is he out of contract in the summer?). Guess we'll just have to hope Cameron comes good a la Turner with experience..he'll certainly get plenty of opportunities next season!

Users who are viewing this thread