I’m a new supporter (1 Viewer)

I’m new to supporting Coventry City and10.0.0.0.1 I’m aware of most of the struggles the club faces between the ownership and the stadium. However in the United States where I live not a lot of people are too knowledgeable on the championship or the lower leagues in general, so what can I expect from Coventry this season?

Last edited:

clint van damme

I’m new to supporting Coventry City and I’m aware of most of the struggles the club faces between the ownership and the stadium. However in the United States where I live not a lot of people are too knowledgeable on the championship or the lower leagues in general, so what can I expect from Coventry this season?

Expect this season?
Its nearly over, you've turned up right at the end, just like in WWII

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I’m new to supporting Coventry City and I’m aware of most of the struggles the club faces between the ownership and the stadium. However in the United States where I live not a lot of people are too knowledgeable on the championship or the lower leagues in general, so what can I expect from Coventry this season?
Not too many goals, attempting fluent football, survival, low spending, amazing fanbase, Wasps drama which will have died down a little bit, and some people calling for the manager to be sacked after one loss

Jamesimus

You could have chosen anyone and you chose us, are you okay?

fatso

Pain

usskyblue

group-therapy-1-768x512-1.jpg

bawtryneal

Welcome to the madhouse !!
Why have you chosen the mighty Skyblues to support ? Is it a family connection or a random reason or ??
Everybody is welcome in the Skyblue family.

Skybluefaz

Big fan of yours in GoT

SkyblueTexan

I’m new to supporting Coventry City and10.0.0.0.1 I’m aware of most of the struggles the club faces between the ownership and the stadium. However in the United States where I live not a lot of people are too knowledgeable on the championship or the lower leagues in general, so what can I expect from Coventry this season?
Welcome Carice. I'm from the US as well. Here is a thread you might enjoy reading: Free agent fan.

CoventryUSA

US-based supporter. I got into the club seemingly at random a few years ago when the club was in League Two. Started with a playing them in a Football Manager save. Started reading up on the club's and city's history. Before I knew it, I was plopping down money for an iFollow subscription and catching as many matches as possible.

As mentioned above, the season is almost over. After some dicey moments, it looks like we will survive the drop after two massive wins this past week. Next year will be more of the same. Goal will be to not get dragged into a relegation battle and try to establish a firm foothold in the Championship.

Having watched a ton of both MLS and Championship, the level of play here is roughly equal to what you would find in MLS. MLS used to be quite bad but has improved immensely the last few years with greater spending on rosters. MLS first choice XI may be slightly better, but the depth of talent is better in the Championship. I hope you have a local US-based team that you also support.

As far as becoming a supporter of Cov, I suggest you get an iFollow pass and just start reading up on club's history and especially all the more recent trials and tribulations with the stadium. You will need to understand the ups-and-downs of that continuing saga to get why the club has been playing in Birmingham, what it means to be headed back to Coventry next season, and what the future holds.

Users who are viewing this thread