Hull Ratings (1 Viewer)

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Glad BNC and JWE aren’t our players and going back at the season end

I hope they go on to do well in their careers and no doubt there will be many posts in years to come highlighting how we didn’t know what talents we had

But for this point in time, I just don’t see what the club are gaining other than a few more warm bodies to help fill the bench

Winny the Bish

Howley has a bit of the Cian Harries about him. Highly rated but until he hits the gym he's going to get bullied in men's football. Similar build to Bellingham but Bellingham was always up for a tackle and to put his body about even when 16/17 so he didn't get bullied.

Thought Burroughs looked good when he came on. He might be better than BNC and JWE.

skyblue1991

Howley has a bit of the Cian Harries about him. Highly rated but until he hits the gym he's going to get bullied in men's football.

Thought Burroughs looked good when he came on. He might be better than BNC and JWE.
Phil Foden is a similar build, if he can do it then Howley can (appreciate footballing ability there is no comparison!)

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

It's like his brain is too slow for his body. He did a couple of good things then just goes into dopey mode, let's the ball bounce or doesn't spot a runner, or plays the wrong pass.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
JWE very poor at spotting a quick pass as well, might just be inexperience though

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Sorry I was being ironic and making the point that those two get criticised no matter what from some people.

Did you not see the shambolic performance of BNC during the A444 clean up operation? Far too much standing around for my liking!

1678578543319.png

*Just clarifying this is a joke. It was a great initiative and fair play to all of them that got involved. Lots of smiles here too!

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Great range of passing, tackles and constantly covering for defenders, what more do you want?

Great to see Eccles, Burroughs and Howley coming through. All have the ability to be really good players for us.

Clearly it was just me as pretty much everyone disagrees. Can only say how I feel. It’s not like I don’t rate him, I just thought yesterday his passing wasn’t sharp which upset our rhythm and on 2+ occasions he dived into make a tackle in the attacking third when he really didn’t need to which left us exposed that thankfully didn’t lead to anything. As I said, no one else has seen it that way I was just surprised to see him as MOTM. I thought Hamer was comfortably better despite a dip second half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

larry_david

The more I see of JWE the more I see a player there. He glides past players with ease. Final decision making, etc there are flaws but that's why he's out on loan.

I think people are blinded by the parent club. If he was coning through the academy I think we'd say he was raw but has potential to be a decent player for us. But because he's not ours, he's shit.

Eccles was great but at the same time, he was far too tentative in the first 20 mins. There was a passage of play he received it twice on half way and without even thinking just played it straight back when there was no one around him. But boy what a player he will be for us.

Howley I thought good first 10 mins but then completely disappeared until that penalty trip incident.

Godden should have been given another 5 mins after the goal and then come off.

Reactions: AOM

Sky Blue Pete

The more I see of JWE the more I see a player there. He glides past players with ease. Final decision making, etc there are flaws but that's why he's out on loan.

I think people are blinded by the parent club. If he was coning through the academy I think we'd say he was raw but has potential to be a decent player for us. But because he's not ours, he's shit.

Eccles was great but at the same time, he was far too tentative in the first 20 mins. There was a passage of play he received it twice on half way and without even thinking just played it straight back when there was no one around him. But boy what a player he will be for us.

Howley I thought good first 10 mins but then completely disappeared until that penalty trip incident.

Godden should have scored the winner that’s for sure

skyblue1991

You serious ? Foden is about a stone lighter and 6 inches shorter.
More to the point then if Foden is of lighter build to Howley but plays at the top level of the men's game, footballing aside I don't see him struggle with the physicality

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

GaryPendrysEyes

all on the piss last night at that concert, weren't they?!
Still not great going to a concert the night before a game imo. Guess Tom Grennan finished about 10:45 no idea if the met up with him after but I doubt they got to bed before 1am. And all that energy sapping excitement and loud noise😬

Brighton Sky Blue

Still in disbelief at how often we passed up the chance to shoot in promising positions. Lots of times we did the hard work of breaking through their lines then fluffing our own. On that basis

Wilson 6 At zero fault for the goal
Dabo 7
McNally 6
McF 6
Doyle 6
Bidwell 6
Eccles 7
Hamer 7
Howley 6
Gyo 7 Single handedly made the goal
Godden 7

Subs
BNC 6
JWE 6
Maguire 6

We looked seriously devoid of ideas after going behind and actually should have gone further behind if anything. When it’s one of those games where we pass up glorious chances and the opposition score from their only serious effort, that tends to happen.

Moral of the story-take your chances

Ashdown

Biggest disappointment for me was Bidwell. Very poor, gave the ball away all the time . BNC wasn’t a bad addition. Hamer was tops for an hour but faded.
Dabo bang average too, which meant our supply from the wings and crossing were poor by our standards.

larry_david

Biggest disappointment for me was Bidwell. Very poor, gave the ball away all the time . BNC wasn’t a bad addition. Hamer was tops for an hour but faded.
Dabo bang average too, which meant our supply from the wings and crossing were poor by our standards.
Say it on here and you get pelters but for me, on the ball, in the final third, Bidwell is just not effective. That one in the first half he had about 5 mins to pick a player out with a cross and he hit the defender. The crowd lap it up cuz we got a corner out of it but oggy was fuming as was I.

He won't be here next season

Grendel

Glad BNC and JWE aren’t our players and going back at the season end

I hope they go on to do well in their careers and no doubt there will be many posts in years to come highlighting how we didn’t know what talents we had

But for this point in time, I just don’t see what the club are gaining other than a few more warm bodies to help fill the bench

Good summary

Why some on here are so precious when reality is explained to them I’ve no idea

Brighton Sky Blue

Say it on here and you get pelters but for me, on the ball, in the final third, Bidwell is just not effective. That one in the first half he had about 5 mins to pick a player out with a cross and he hit the defender. The crowd lap it up cuz we got a corner out of it but oggy was fuming as was I.

I don’t think he’s our biggest concern. I’d go as far as to say if any of Palmer, Allen or O’Hare are available yesterday we probably win.

Sick Boy

Wilson 6
Dabo 7
McNally 6
McFadz 6
Doyle 6
Bidwell 6
Eccles 7.5
Hamer 7
Howley 6
Gyo 6
Godden 6

Subs
BNC 5
JWE 5
Maguire 6

PVA

Yep I've been saying it for ages.

Defensively he's really good, but he doesn't offer enough going forward and it's clear Robins thinks the same. The Swansea manager also felt the same.

stay_up_skyblues

Yeah, he’s getting better game by game. In his shortish cameo today he drove into the box a couple of times turning his man inside out. The polar opposite to Bidwell who gets it in early. Pretty much the exact type signing we needed as competition/an alternative to Bidwell. End product needs to improve but similar to Maatsen after only a few full games worth of time on pitch in that sense.

pusbccfc

Shocked at some of the Hamer ratings. Granted, he dropped his level towards the end but he was incredible in the first half. Completely different level to the rest on the pitch.

stupot07

Bidwells pass completion rate was 80% which is pretty much on par with everyone else that started yesterday.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

Have to agree about Bidwell he's not too bad at defending but fucking awful with his final ball

Hertsccfc

He has deteriorated seriously since the turn of the year. Was one of the best players before the World Cup but don't know what's happening with him.

Grendel

There’s a player in there

Hertsccfc

Yeah, he’s getting better game by game. In his shortish cameo today he drove into the box a couple of times turning his man inside out. The polar opposite to Bidwell who gets it in early. Pretty much the exact type signing we needed as competition/an alternative to Bidwell. End product needs to improve but similar to Maatsen after only a few full games worth of time on pitch in that sense.
He seems to play well with Gyokeres. There was some good exchanges between the two in the short period he was on whereas Bidwell was providing very little support to Gyokeres. They also seem to be talking a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread